Game-Labs Forum

Alpha-9 News Update

Nick Thomadis

48 minutes ago, Skeksis said:

v76 custom battles database (game's database?) of DD-BB-1939 has available...
Empire of Japan, 18 hulls.
United States, 15, hulls.
Spanish Empire, 15 hulls.
German Empire, 15 hulls.
French Empire, 12 hulls. 

I was picking Japan to be one of the two campaign nations with the most hulls but now with...

would bring the French total up quite a bit putting France in the front running.
Just trying to read between the lines!  🤔

Japan vs France, unlikely, who would vs France though?

This is actually an Arms Race with each major update. France is catching up. Oh and also who France might fight, probably Germany or Russia.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

The image idk, but that's Yamato from Kancolle

Oh. Werid cus i thought they were human sized grills, that can turn into ships or have equipment that turns into ships.

Azur lanes yammy will probs have a far bigger chest and rear lol.

1 hour ago, Cptbarney said:

Oh. Werid cus i thought they were human sized grills, that can turn into ships or have equipment that turns into ships.

Azur lanes yammy will probs have a far bigger chest and rear lol.

Kancolle and Azur Laner very much share the same concept, Azur Lane brought ships from every major naval power in WW2 and a few extras while Kancolle is more focused on mainly the Japanese navy and the Pacific theater 

Edited by Bluishdoor76
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

Kancolle and Azur Laner very much share the same concept, Azur Lane brought ships from every major naval power in WW2 and a few extras while Kancolle is more focused on mainly the Japanese navy and the Pacific theater 

Ye, i've only played azur lane. With yorkie (yorktown) being my favourite one so far.

the desolate color scheme is very much present in this game, it should add more color before and with a much-needed update to make the appearance attractive, it makes me desolate. in short: matte, colorless, and old-fashioned. I don't understand why this was chosen. it seriously needs more light .more hdr and not only grey,  blue ,brown, industrial look

• Like 2

Neat, I really look forward to building some Richelieu style battleships, as well as those first two new missions. Especially the battle of tsushima, both  of those early battles should be rather interesting. That being said I'd still really like to see a lot more weight leaning on early era dreadnoughts and predreadnoughts.. all this top loading on WW2 era content is great and all, but I thought the game was suppose to start in 1890. Still looking for echelon turrets, open gun barrettes, hulls based off the USS Maine ACR1 or USS Brooklyn ACR 3, the battleship Pelayo or the coastal defense ship SMS Odin just to name a few. 

• Like 4

Regarding Tsushima-like mission... Maybe it's just my russian blood speaks in me, but I would personally like more to take command of Russian fleet there.. Mainly, because IRL they were underdogs there, and had completely lost the battle, without even causing any significant damage to Japanese ships. So I really want to go against all odds and try if not straightforwardly WIN the battle, but at least inflict as much damage as I can

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, WiselessOwl said:

Regarding Tsushima-like mission... Maybe it's just my russian blood speaks in me, but I would personally like more to take command of Russian fleet there.. Mainly, because IRL they were underdogs there, and had completely lost the battle, without even causing any significant damage to Japanese ships. So I really want to go against all odds and try if not straightforwardly WIN the battle, but at least inflict as much damage as I can

Once you've beaten any mission, it would be nice to have the option to play it from the other side.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

@HusariuS@Koogus@Marshall99@IronKaputt@1MajorKoenig@Shiki@Aceituna@Shaftoe@Gangut@Skyguy1944@Airzerg

Yes! Some news! Glad too see everything is going well as well. The new french hulls are very welcome indeed, wasn't expecting a patch this big either as well.

Can't bloody wait now lol.

Thanks for pinging Barney! Indeed fantastic news!!! Will definitely try it and play the new stuff — Looking forward to see a French Battlecruiser!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WiselessOwl said:

25 minutes ago, SonicB said:

Once you've beaten any mission, it would be nice to have the option to play it from the other side.

Yeah both of these are great ideas, i was also want to see more pre-dreads as well, soo maybe the next lot of ships afterwards can be a mix of italian modern ships with pre-dread battleships, cruisers and dd's.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Thanks for pinging Barney! Indeed fantastic news!!! Will definitely try it and play the new stuff — Looking forward to see a French Battlecruiser!

No probs, maybe my prediction will come true after all lol. Campaign maybe delayed, but eh. A delayed game can be good while a bad game is forever bad (warcraft 3 reforged being a painful example of this).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WiselessOwl said:

Regarding Tsushima-like mission...

...I hope components wear out and reliability will be a thing.

RTW was mentioned many times, but I also see Jagged Alliance as a great example for handling items (and crew).

Edited by IronKaputt
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Koogus said:

I was thinking of stuff more like this............../s

53053000_p0_master1200.thumb.jpg.ddd1c938892dbb8d86156dec1febca75.jpg

81928743_p2_master1200.thumb.jpg.1f34840fa4b2f3eb5f86485710642111.jpg

72144777_p0_master1200.thumb.jpg.ec5f99593c16d75f5abb4ccd973f9686.jpg

That snake ship reminds me a ship ive made once in Battleships craft, and the third one... is that Union class drop-ship which miscalculated landing zone on reentry and splashed down in the water

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

There all a bit smeggy doe.

How about some trimaran hull to support third superfiring turret (and getting a thicc antitorp belt as bonus)? Jokes aside — it seems like an interesting idea for a fantasy ship.

C'mon, dew it.

52 minutes ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

hope we also get quad gun turrets for WW1 designs like battleship Lyon and Norm

andie

Hope for some verticals Smolensk-style.

Edited by IronKaputt
  • Like 1

Ok so the Devs said that that 20inch and 19inch guns will only be available for only certain hulls most likely the the Super BB ones. So my question is should modern BB hulls be able to carry 20inch guns especially the Japanese and Germany Nations since they are the only ones (that I know of) that planned to use these guns the H-44 class and A-150 class BBs. Plz Devs I wanna make Shikishima.

Shikishima Tier X Japanese Battleship (32,000 Steel)

• Like 3