Game-Labs Forum

Alpha-9 News Update

Nick Thomadis

1 minute ago, Shiki said:

That's only if we're able to place guns on the rear, which it doesn't look like we'll be able to. Judging from the way it was presented, if we had been offered an Alsace-type hull as well, it would have been shown off along with the all-forward Richelieu model.

We have a Hood hull substituting as an Alsace hull atm, so if that stays we will still be able to recreate the Alsace to some extent

1 minute ago, Cptbarney said:

Rewd. I want an alsace hull however or even a republique hull as well as @Shiki has pointed out we could then create some really nice french BB's.

Actually @Nick Thomadis can the Richelieu hull take quad turrets at the back to make a alsace or republique like ship at all?

I know the caption of the picture says Richelieu but that mostly looks like a Dunkerque hull to me.

• Like 1

Just now, Bluishdoor76 said:

I know the caption of the picture says Richelieu but that mostly looks like a Dunkerque hull to me.

I can't tell the difference myself, im not sure how much different jean bart is too both hulls (also a failure on weegees part to make the french BB line hull consistent across the board :/ )

3 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

I can't tell the difference myself, im not sure how much different jean bart is too both hulls (also a failure on weegees part to make the french BB line hull consistent across the board 😕)

Upon closer inspection, the bride tower is that of Dunkerque with a secondary arrangement of both Richelieu and Dunk, while the hull, and rear section of the superstructures that of Richelieu. Jean Bart is the same hull as Richelieu but the superstructure is completely different as well as its secondary arrangement.

I would know, I have a model kit of Richelieu and Jean Bart, still need to get a Dunkerque and Strassburg to finish my French modern BBs collection :3

Edited by Bluishdoor76
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

I can't tell the difference myself, im not sure how much different jean bart is too both hulls (also a failure on weegees part to make the french BB line hull consistent across the board 😕)

I'm pretty sure Dunkerque towers are a lot more bulker than the other French towers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

Upon closer inspection, the bride tower is that of Dunkerque with a secondary arrangement of both Richelieu and Dunk, while the hull, and rear section of the superstructures that of Richelieu. Jean Bart is the same hull as Richelieu but the superstructure is completely different as well as its secondary arrangement.

Ahh i see, maybe we get both hulls maybe? or mix and match? After we get most if not all the historical hulls, im wondering if they will make, non-historical or fantasy hulls, ships in general.

Cus i want Charlemagne which is basically a bigger jean bart with 3 quad 431mm guns at front lol. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Ahh i see, maybe we get both hulls maybe? or mix and match? After we get most if not all the historical hulls, im wondering if they will make, non-historical or fantasy hulls, ships in general.

Cus i want Charlemagne which is basically a bigger jean bart with 3 quad 431mm guns at front lol. 

maxresdefault.jpg.905e9d940c283ea877ab4e

What a chonker of a ship that was, I too want to recreate this thing!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

But what about Super Alsace No.2 with a standard arrangement of 3x3 431mm instead?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

Oh? Never knew it existed there. At least the ship got some justice! Shes a long chonk but love the style of her.

2 minutes ago, Shiki said:

But what about Super Alsace No.2 with a standard arrangement of 3x3 431mm instead?

Both are sexy, but i have softer spot for Charlemagne. I hope we get too make an Alscae. I always assumed a Super Alsace was the one armed with 482mm quads but that might be another ship entirely (think its internet based). 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

I believe this ship exists as a design solely in a WoWs reddit thread and nowhere else either as an actual project or even paper design.  The armor and topweight costs of triple super-imposing battleship turrets would not be workable.  Sadly, Dreadnoughts as of now does not give a fig for topweight stability effects.

Edited by akd
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, akd said:

I believe this ship exists solely in a WoWs reddit thread and nowhere else either as an actual project or even paper design.  The armor and topweight costs of triple super-imposing battleship turrets would not be workable.  Sadly, Dreadnoughts as of now does not give a fig for topweight stability effects.

Yes it is a purely fictitious design from an old game called NavyField

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

@HusariuS@Koogus@Marshall99@IronKaputt@1MajorKoenig@Shiki@Aceituna@Shaftoe@Gangut@Skyguy1944@Airzerg

Yes! Some news! Glad too see everything is going well as well. The new french hulls are very welcome indeed, wasn't expecting a patch this big either as well.

Can't bloody wait now lol.

This is one hell of an update. I look forward to unleshing the battle baguettes in campaign when it comes round, though custom battles will be enough for now.

• Like 1

OMG yess!  thank you for all the hard work I have been holding off playing until the next update for the damage model change...  thank you for filling that create a ship itch I have had since Naval ops warship gunner :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FinnishJager said:

This game's not going to get a campaign is it...

Patience my lad, this a very small team working on a big and promised that the campaign will be released in November or December. Though it will probably be December due to almost everyone being on vacation so they'll have time to play the game when it comes to Steam.

3 hours ago, FinnishJager said:

This game's not going to get a campaign is it...

These last 2 months we have touched upon all major aspects of the game with the new lead programmer (from formations to AI to ship designer) - and finally we can say - now the new team is more than ready to continue with the development of the campaign

As the statement says, things are back on track so not to worry anymore. 🤞 

Edited by Skeksis

v76 custom battles database (game's database?) of DD-BB-1939 has available...
Empire of Japan, 18 hulls.
United States, 15, hulls.
Spanish Empire, 15 hulls.
German Empire, 15 hulls.
French Empire, 12 hulls. 

I was picking Japan to be one of the two campaign nations with the most hulls but now with...

New Hulls
“Battleship Richelieu” is the new addition in the game’s database of realistic hulls. The new hull and its assets can produce the following new ship variants:
  • A French Modern Battleship of 45,000 to 65,000 tons, which can faithfully recreate the historical Battleship Richelieu.
  • A French Super Battleship with displacement between 70,000 to 85,000 tons.
  • A French Battlecruiser with displacement between 35,000 to 45,000 tons, inspired by the Battleship “Dunkerque”.
  • A French Large Cruiser of 28,000 to 32,500 tons.
  • A French Heavy Cruiser of 12,000 to 14,900 tons.
Furthermore, various new assets and guns became available to several other hulls.

would bring the French total up quite a bit putting France in the front running.
Just trying to read between the lines!  🤔

Japan vs France, unlikely, who would vs France though?

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 2