Game-Labs Forum

Can you make some kind of donations available ?

Helloo to all,

This question post/poll is going for the devs. and communitiy.

Can you make some kind of donation sistem available to us so that people can donate to your couse of making something

great that some people are waiting for years to come...

There are lots of people that allready bought the game and help in that way but other then buying another copy of the game

i think there are no other ways do donate or contribute.And 40$ is after all a 40$ bucks :P ,but i think alot of people will have 1-3 $ a month do donate and also goes for people who allready bought the game but still wants to donate when they can and how much they can afford it at that given time.

Anyone who thinks that this is a good idea say  " yarrr '' !

• Like 1

Honestly, it would probably help with development if you did make some type of "donation" crowdfunding option easily available for people.  I'm sure most of us would be willing to donate more than just the $40 to help fund development.

donation button is coming back .. thanks for the suggestion.. we did not want to switch it off before we were sure paypal is fine with us.

Can you do it so that it will remember how much each person donated? So later on we can spend the moneys we donated in the ingame cash shop (for comestics and stuff?). 

There is no need to decide anything cash shop related now, just associate the transactions with our email/steam. Later on when you decide each 5$ = XY "Gold" well be credited ($_we_donated/5)*XY Gold, or somethin like that.

DISCLAIMER FOR NEWBIES: There will be an ingame cash shop for futher support of the project (as the game is a one time purchase like GW2) with strictly non p2w things.

Don't know your specific game but it's been talked about that this won't be pay to win.

The refference would be this scheme of constant 'rewards tiers' that just keep piling up and up for exclusive stuff untill people have spent tens of thousands on it and more keeps coming. It doesnt matter if its just cosmetic stuff, a bunch of exclusives for donation put pressure on people to get them before its too late regardless of its functionality, and people who buy in have two choices, to keep going deeper every time something new comes around, or to basically give up and have to admit they got scammed. Theres already a preorder reward, thats bad enough but fairly standard. If you encourage this sort of thing however before you know it you will see 'pay $100 to get your name in game a special color at release!' - forum signatures will grow with list upon list of all the wonderous prestieges and titles people have bought, and it will become some sort of peer pressure social expenditure exhaultation pyramid.

I fail to see how offering pre-order benefits and bonuses is a crime against humanity, nor a pyramid.  If you are offered perks, and you pay for them, and receive them, it's not a scam.  Those bonuses are usually not even major end-game items.  The Yacht will be quite useful, but it's not a 74 or a First Rate.  As long as you're not offering a massive game-breaking bonus to those that pre-order, I really fail to see the issue.

Being jealous that others have decided to purchase something isn't a good reason to demand that nobody be allowed to get anything.  Now, were they to turn around and say, "Yes, we know we told you that $40 gets you into the game, but now we've decided you need to pay another $40 or you won't be able to play", that would be heinous.  As long as you get what you paid for, there's nothing wrong with offering additional benefits to those that want to offer additional support.  :)

I fail to see how offering pre-order benefits and bonuses is a crime against humanity, nor a pyramid.  If you are offered perks, and you pay for them, and receive them, it's not a scam.  Those bonuses are usually not even major end-game items.  The Yacht will be quite useful, but it's not a 74 or a First Rate.  As long as you're not offering a massive game-breaking bonus to those that pre-order, I really fail to see the issue.

The issue is there to be seen if you look at the other games in the last 5 years or so to offer tiered preorder packages during early access.

The scam is the social manipulation to keep people upgrading endlessly

As long as you get what you paid for

You pay for an expectation of completeness. When you preorder an early access like this you are preordering the game, you are paying ahead of time to not only get the game but to invest in the games production. The expectation then is that in addition to getting the game at release you are also helping to fund the game. What then happens if time and effort is spent, using that funding, to produce exclusive things you wont get, but which will be sold in new upgraded preorder tiers? What you get is star citizen, where limited time exclusives are produced on the money of the previous limited time exclusives and an endless cycle of tier upgrades.

"Additional bonuses that we will add as we expand content "

Thats part of what the preorder page says. Anything

extra' is implied to already be included.

I find it interesting that on one hand people are asking for a way to 'donate', but at the very same time are wanting some sort of reward for it? Is charity not its own reward? A sensible thing could be selling the eventual game currency early, if they really needed funding ahead of the curve be no problem with that. Maybe even at a discount, id buy that. The minute they start with exclusive donation tier perks however the writings on the wall, its already over. Seen it happen way too many times, and not just me. People will talk if that happens, they will make knowing comments pointing it out, shaking their head and sighing and going "what a shame, it was looking good". Seen that too. But then the devs seem to realize this. All ive seen officially is that donation button, and from what i hear they seem to know what they are doing so i doubt they would make a blunder like this, or rather i judge it less likly. But this kind of thing is inquisition worthy, its the heresy or secret disease that rots from within, it must be exposed and attacked with vigor and ceslessness else its foulness take root and undermine the integrity of otherwise virtuous games. There can be no reason, no compromises, all efforts must be bent towards stomping it out, towards smothering even the idea of it.

have a voluntary subscription like Star Citizen has. they way the game is setup right now there is no way to make any swag to sell, and they want to avoid any pay to win ship sales like Star Citizen has fallen into.

I think the ship progression system is better than the system being used for Arena Commander. because the play is all about dishing out as much damage as you can, it promotes aggressive behavior making for a lot of fun. downside is it doesn't make much money for development.

I think Naval Action has the potential to be the Star Citizen of the 18th century. they just need more money.

by the way does Game-Labs have a publisher?