Game-Labs Forum
Brigand

List of ships and other vessels in the game

Well if the armament gets changed to something different that a ship carried in real life the no i personally don't want that.

We can always suggest some other ships that fit the needs of the game rather than changing the armament of existing ones to unhistorical levels.

Just my 2cents :)

@Brigand: Apparently the Essex is in-game. I don't know if any of her stats listed in the OP need to be changed, but her name doesn't need to be grayed out anymore. 

She's in game as a "thank you" to folks that stayed late for an extra Trafalgar to help Game Labs develop additional promotional game footage.  Her current stats are likely not finalized, so while she's in game, she's not really "in game" if you catch my meaning. :)

She'll be in soon after final tuning and testing.

She's in game as a "thank you" to folks that stayed late for an extra Trafalgar to help Game Labs develop additional promotional game footage.  Her current stats are likely not finalized, so while she's in game, she's not really "in game" if you catch my meaning. :)

She'll be in soon after final tuning and testing.

Furthermore the Niagra and Ingermanland have recently been given to all moderators and higher as a "thank you" ;)

Furthermore the Niagra and Ingermanland have recently been given to all moderators and higher as a "thank you" ;)

no thank you just polishing out the very strong bugs.

Don't forget that progress in metalurgy brought lighter cannons that could shoot same balls.

Well... not so much. The 10ft 24 lb copper guns on the Vasa are less than half the weight of any of the similar British pieces of the next century (with iron invariably being somewhat heavier than copper, but even the copper ordnance was twice as heavy).

In practice, the weight of ordnance was kept high to make recoil manageable, and the later reduction in weight was linked more to a loss of interest in long pieces and maximum velocity. This was seen in both the adoption (and subsequent deletion) of the carronades, and in the unified 32lb broadside pieces of the early 19th century ~ with heavier ordnance on lower decks/larger vessels, and shorter & lighter pieces as armament for lower rates and on upper decks and QD/FC. This gave unified ammunition, but not unified cartridges ~ and there would still be the requirement for multiple sizes of charge.

Frigate is not a russian ship, it's fictional. That's why it's called "Frigate", for God's sake. And it is not HMS Diana, it's just loosely based on her plans. So the information about launch date and other dates should be removed.

The OP has been updated (finally).

I'm likely to have made mistakes, so please(!) point them out if you spot them.

Cheers,

Brigand

• Like 1

Why is the Ontario listed in the OP and greyed out (meaning not released yet), when the Snow (which is basically the Ontario afaik) is also listed in the OP and is also in-game already? Also, isn't the "Pirate Frigate" in-game? Also, if you're listing variants, there's the unnamed "74/3rd Rate" that's in the game right now. 

• Like 1

Why is the Ontario listed in the OP and greyed out (meaning not released yet), when the Snow (which is basically the Ontario afaik) is also listed in the OP and is also in-game already? Also, isn't the "Pirate Frigate" in-game? Also, if you're listing variants, there's the unnamed "74/3rd Rate" that's in the game right now.

Thanks for the comments! I've clearly been away too long.

I was under the impression that, our current snow is loosely based upon the HMS Ontario, while there are plans to include a more faithful representation of the HMS Ontario in the future. I'm however not sure about this.

The "Pirate Frigate" is simply in the wrong category, I'll move it. Do you know if it is simply a variant of the Cherubim?

What is the 74 / 3rd rate you speak about of which ship is it a varaint?

~Brigand

I guess I don't remember reading any specifics about the "real" HMS Ontario being introduced into the game, but I'll take your word for it. The Pirate Frigate, as far as I know, is a just a variant of the regular frigate. I don't know how different its stats are. The "generic" 74/3rd Rate uses one of the Bellona's old models/textures (without the Bellona's ornate stern), but might have a different armament range. I'm sure there are other forum members who know more. 

Also, there's this ship: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7165-what-is-the-ship-on-this-screen/ Gros Ventre, a light merchant ship.

Edited by Arvenski

Hi Brigand, any chance of getting that excell sheet for download.

I was thinking of making a youtube series with discussing ships, so id like to add few more info into it before i start commenting.

Will give full credits of course as to source of the info. Let me know if it would be OK

Shouldn't the 'Brig' and 'Navy Brig' be listed as real under the US ship called 'Fair American'? http://www.modelshipmaster.com/products/tall_ships/Brig%20Fair%20American%20model.htm

Haha, I knew she looked familiar!

I had plans for a sail training vessel based on Fair American hanging on the wall of my dorm room all four years of college.

Shouldn't the 'Brig' and 'Navy Brig' be listed as real under the US ship called 'Fair American'? http://www.modelshipmaster.com/products/tall_ships/Brig%20Fair%20American%20model.htm

I'm aware of the similarities, but so far, it has not been confirmed if the devs used those plans or if they just looked at several model ships or their plans and came up with their own design. If they had build the brig to truly resemble the Fair American, they would have surely named her as such. Somaybe she was loosely inspired on by the Fair American, but we simply don't know. Keep in mind that there were a lot of brigs sailing these days; it was quite a popular rig. So she could just as easily represent some other brig.

The Fair American is a nice model though.

~Brigand

This is a super cool thing you started there. Is there a chance that you add pictures somehow to your list? I am very new to the game and I would help me a lot to actually know the ship that just sunk me :)

Edited by Kameradenschwein

That reminds me, isn't this bit of that wiki page basically speculation?

Not confirmed however likely to come in:

Swan class

Diana

Agamemnon

Panteleimon-Victoria

Because I thought the role of a wiki was to provide fact.

Edited by Arvenski

That reminds me, isn't this bit of that wiki page basically speculation?

Because I thought the role of a wiki was to provide fact.

Well, I can request to get that fixed it if it that bothersome, but there are also quite a few ships in the game files that no one has even discussed about yet.  You can see them yourself if you go to Program Files -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> Naval Action -> Database -> DesignModel -> Ships

I'll make a list of some of the new ones: Agamemnon, Bucentaure, GrosVentre, Hermione, Kepler, Ocean, Rattlesnake.

My real question is what is the Kepler?  

treasure_planet_sailing..jpg

Because, when I briefly Google searched it, this is what I got.  SHIPS IN SPAAAAACE!!!!

Edited by CommodoreWesley