Game-Labs Forum

Returning to game XP wipe?

leervd

Question

Hi all I'll preface this by saying I have not played this game in many months but I wanted to get back into it. However, when I logged on the other day I noticed that my rank is back down to midshipman. I understand ship wipes are not uncommon but XP wipes? Any answers would be great. Thanks 

2 answers to this question

On 9/14/2020 at 7:45 PM, leervd said:

Hi all I'll preface this by saying I have not played this game in many months but I wanted to get back into it. However, when I logged on the other day I noticed that my rank is back down to midshipman. I understand ship wipes are not uncommon but XP wipes? Any answers would be great. Thanks 

Greetings Captain. There was only two experience wipes in past, in 2017 and in june 2019, when the game was released from Early Access on Steam.

I just wanted to add to @Ink PvE server did not get an XP wipe upon release so if your just wanting to play and not PvP your char should be what ever level it was before the release of the game.  That is if you had played any since the 2017 wipe.

As for PvP server though if you do the Tutorial and finish the final exam it can boost you up to Mid Shipman status which helps for leveling up faster.  I always advice returning players to do this as it gives them a brush course of some things that might of changed since they last played.

Welcome back.