Game-Labs Forum

Mobile version

Enigma1-6

Hi there, I was wondering if a mobile version of this game could be in the cards as the only current ship building strategy game (on IOS at least) is Warship Craft. While it’s fun to play it hasn’t been updated in a long time as uses block ship building for hulls and has very limited missions. I think UA:D with even half the content on mobile would be really lucrative!

There is a high chance that they will not be making a mobile port of this game do to the fact that mobile devices will most likely have low FPS and overheat due to what this game is asking for. Not to mention the amount of storage needed for a game like this most likely fill up entire phone. But who knows if the latest phones and tablets can somehow have as much power as a console then maybe.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2020 at 1:59 AM, Enigma1-6 said:

Hi there, I was wondering if a mobile version of this game could be in the cards as the only current ship building strategy game (on IOS at least) is Warship Craft. While it’s fun to play it hasn’t been updated in a long time as uses block ship building for hulls and has very limited missions. I think UA:D with even half the content on mobile would be really lucrative!

Wouldn't hold my breath. This game is far too demanding for even somewhat older PCs atm.

On 9/9/2020 at 10:08 AM, Kaiser Hans said:

There is a high chance that they will not be making a mobile port of this game do to the fact that mobile devices will most likely have low FPS and overheat due to what this game is asking for. Not to mention the amount of storage needed for a game like this most likely fill up entire phone. But who knows if the latest phones and tablets can somehow have as much power as a console then maybe.

Tablets are not anywhere close to consoles. the next gen are using rdna2 and ryzen 3000. If apple attempted those specs, it would be a massive failure. They don't exactly have a good track record of computer design to begin with. The idea that apple could create a GPU, and processor that is even relevant in comparison is funny on its own.

Samsung, would likely not fair much better, but at least samsung could make its own pcb, or even outsource it because unlike Apple, they don't need everything to be propriatary.

you would be looking at a very beefy tablet, rdna2 and ryzen 3k are going to want a lot of power, so you'll need a bigger battery, and of course this is going to throttle hard because youre cramming it into a tiny space with no air flow.

If you wanted an intel processor in there, i would recommend you buy a pair of furnace gloves... you will need them.

• 4 weeks later...