Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

I know this has been asked a lot, but I just wanted to add another vote to the pile and keep interest up.

20 inch guns pls. I have a dire need to make a A-150 that nukes BBs. If they could also be coupled with the eventual quad-gun update, OP ships abound.

Realistic? Nope. Fun? Heck ye.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering about this as well. The Shikishima would have been the first in her class to be outfitted with the 510mm 20 inch main guns. Unfortunately for japan the ship was not completed in time for the war but in 1941 the 2 hulls were converted from a battleship to an aircraft carrier creating the Shinano and the Kure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There were plans, but the Shinano was originally a Yamato-class with the 18.1 planned, and named as such to start with (Shinano follows the battleship naming conventions, just as Kaga did, and Akagi the battlecruiser ones).

 I don't think the 20in gun armed plans were ever laid down. Yamato-class no. 4, possibly named Kii, was never converted.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

God why do people refer to the A-150 plan as the Shikishima. Shikishima is just a name given by Wargaming for their version of the A-150. There are no official names for the A-150. Sorry if I sound excessively salty but I've seen this too many times, both here and elsewhere

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TsAGI said:

God why do people refer to the A-150 plan as the Shikishima. Shikishima is just a name given by Wargaming for their version of the A-150. There are no official names for the A-150. Sorry if I sound excessively salty but I've seen this too many times, both here and elsewhere

Well when something sticks, it just well...sticks i guess. Yashima was the other name for her, personally i would of gone for echigo or Aki myself personally.

Weegee only changed the name because it sounded too much like shimakaze lol...🤣🙃😆

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Well when something sticks, it just well...sticks i guess. Yashima was the other name for her, personally i would of gone for echigo or Aki myself personally.

Weegee only changed the name because it sounded too much like shimakaze lol...🤣🙃😆

Don't you mean Yoshino? Cause the name was changed from Yashima->Shikishima

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TsAGI said:

Don't you mean Yoshino? Cause the name was changed from Yashima->Shikishima

no yoshino is the supercruiser, i just said in my comment they change her name from yashima to shikishima because they thought it would confuse players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TsAGI said:

God why do people refer to the A-150 plan as the Shikishima. Shikishima is just a name given by Wargaming for their version of the A-150. There are no official names for the A-150. Sorry if I sound excessively salty but I've seen this too many times, both here and elsewhere

Similar to how people call the Jagdpanzer 38(t) a Hetzer, it's easier to remember.

Edited by BobRoss0902
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

no yoshino is the supercruiser, i just said in my comment they change her name from yashima to shikishima because they thought it would confuse players.

Nah I mean like because they changed the name from Yashima -> Shikishima, wouldn't it make more sense that WG thought Yashima sounded too close to Yoshino so they changed it to Shikishima? Cause in your original comment you said it was too close to Shimakaze so they changed it, which should have made the conversion Shikishima -> Yashima.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...