Game-Labs Forum

Shallow water hostilities using deep water ships

With current mechanics to set a port battle on a shallow water port a clan has to field 25x 1st rates in order to insure they are not at a disadvantage when the enemy shows up correct? 

This is a screenshot of the Danes defending George's Town hostility...Is this as the Dev's intended? 
AD898F3566FA005B1E87A3A1CB0874F2249D4E05

It's always been the case (even with the old hostility missions) that if the battle were in deepwater that deepwater ships could engage shallow ports. This allowed for easy inst-flips on shallows if you could get it in the deep (under the old system). I personally believe that missions against shallow ports should be locked to deepwater ships just like Port Battles are, but it has always been working this way.

Edited by Isaac J Smith

Don't plant the flag where deep water ships can join I would say.  Though never planted one yet, but isn't the front of the island shallow for to the most part so maybe hug the coast a bit more?   They still had to sail those ships all the way over there once they found out some one was trying to set the flag, you could of had a fleet waiting to intercept them.

Though all honesty I agree a shallow port missions should be done by a shallow ship that is allowed into that PB not any ship that can carry the flag, but as stated above you could of done thigns yourself to better place that flag and won the missions.

Had to look at the map, this would explain why they have Atwood....maybe time to clean them out of your back yard?  Or you could of just blockaded that port while the flag was set.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir