Game-Labs Forum

Land Mass or/and world map be 1/1 scale?

I hope they allow us to have some naval battles near land, i know it wasn't historical but would be good for memes and maybe seeing little coastal towns and ports.

Also for bombardment missions (if they add any) would add a greater degree of realism, they could make the houses out of little primitives (Cubes mainly) with a few more complex parts (fences, pots etc) and then procedurally generate those (dunno if they can do that in blender at all).

• Like 1

The presence and relative location of shorelines and bases shaped the majority of naval battles, often at the tactical level (i.e. how and why ships conducted some part of their maneuvers, not just the strategic reasons for an encounter).  That doesn’t mean ships were dodging in and out islands like first-person shooter cover.

Edited by akd
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, akd said:

The presence and relative location of shorelines and bases shaped the majority of naval battles, often at the tactical level (i.e. how and why ships conducted some part of their maneuvers, not just the strategic reasons for an encounter).  That doesn’t mean ships were dodging in and out islands like first-person shooter cover.

Exactly. Like how in Rule The Waves I might use a coast line to "corner" a fleeing ship

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BobRoss0902 said:

Exactly. Like how in Rule The Waves I might use a coast line to "corner" a fleeing ship

Yeah this is what i mean having those land masses be assets to your stratgey or agaisnt you im not expecting or want warthunder or wowp type battle maps terrain lol

• Like 1

In RTW 2 as the confederacy I was able to push the US Navy against the shore while getting in between them and their home bases. That allowed me to destroy a large portion of their battle line. Actually I sank every single pre-dread they had over the course of I think 3 battles, two of which I accomplished this. 

• Like 1