Game-Labs Forum

Patch notes and discussions moving to Steam

Captains. 
From next patch Steam forums will be used for developer announcements, patch discussions and general conversation about Naval Action. This forum will be used for active discussions on forthcoming games and games in active development.

• Like 3
  • Sad 7

Sad.

Forum is such a lively place. Steam discussions suck in comparison.

I actually don't understand why studios give up their own forums and redirect travel to Steam. Less enjoyable, less practical, bad to navigate around. Trouble with attaching pictures, data..., no referencing in game to forum posts. In the sum, disadvantages everywhere.

But I have seen it before. Keen Softwarehouse (Space Engineers, Medieval Engineers) let their forum die and made a readable archive out of it. Same move: to Steam, their support platform and discord instead. I think this move is costing more than it will bring (less distraction for devs?).

• Like 5

As someone who reads the forums every day and contributes positively to discussions, I am so sad about this decision. I enjoy the forums as much as I enjoy the game! I see this, alas, as a move that will not help the game's survival...

Edited by Preechur Blackheart
deleted phrase did not say what I meant
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

But I have seen it before. Keen Softwarehouse (Space Engineers, Medieval Engineers) let their forum die and made a readable archive out of it. Same move: to Steam, their support platform and discord instead. I think this move is costing more than it will bring (less distraction for devs?).

Interesting. We did not know it. We fully understand why. It should have been done long time ago.

Considering all the mechanical and core game aspects that are under constant changes doesn’t naval action fall under the category of a game in development, doesn’t seem like much has changed in how the game is run since it stopped being early access

21 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Sad.

Forum is such a lively place. Steam discussions suck in comparison.

I actually don't understand why studios give up their own forums and redirect travel to Steam. Less enjoyable, less practical, bad to navigate around. Trouble with attaching pictures, data..., no referencing in game to forum posts. In the sum, disadvantages everywhere.

Well less practical forum makes for less traffic and discussion (and problem with unhappy population), and more difficult to find old topics.
But in my mind it's something that should be decided when the game is out not 4 or 5 years later.

I guess now that the majority of unhappy players will directly give a bad review instead of wind out on the forum their frustration. :D:D

Maybe I'm an optimist, but I don't recall seeing that "the forums are being shut down".

Game discussion looks like it'll continue here, though "patch notes" will be published through Steam. You know... when you try to launch and the game starts a patch -one should be able to see a concise summary when they click "view updates" on the steam downloader window.

Right?