Game-Labs Forum

Hostility mission - Mechanic Change Suggestion

In the interest of making some rules against this, I want to draw your attention to Knuddel here for joining a hostility mission in a basic cutter and immediately surrendering it to force us to sit in the now empty hostility mission for 45 minutes.

Firstly why are basic cutters even able to join? Why does surrendering 1 ship of effectively zero BR still force the 45 minutes rather than 15?

If you can join and fight reasonably, sure come on in! That is the fun part of the game so if we have to wait 10 minutes for a fight so be it. But no one else joined at any time and i struggle to believe that Knuddel, the sort of the guy he is, was doing this for any other reason but to waste peoples time for the sake of doing so.

See below the screenshots (i couldn't have the tab screen aswell as having the battle timer at the same time, so see both screenshots 1 & 2 below). You can clearly see he joined immediately and then left. There is also no valid argument of him wanting to see what we had in our fleet as he saw us sail into the bay while he hid under the fort. This was done for one reason only and it should not be able to occur.

You can also see the third screenshot after 45 minutes... all those Russian ships he was keeping the battle open for! Ow wait... 

https://prnt.sc/u7v5fs

https://prnt.sc/u7v66e

https://prnt.sc/u7vjjo

I think going forward everyone would appreciate some mechanic changes to stop such abuse.

Maybe a BR requirement? Even 20% of attackers BR would mean something of note would have to be bought and stop the ability to just screw with people. 

Regards

Edited by Liam790

I'm all for suggestions to change the mechanics on this, but as of now this is just how the mechanic works and the accused didn't do anything wrong. 

It's the exact same thing Sweden did at Macao some weeks ago. So I agree, 1 low-BR ship joining and immediately surrendering should not automatically lock the hostility battle to 45 minutes.

• Like 1

Maybe 10% or 15%.

Thinking of potential matchups, that would allow for a Req to get in and contest a battle against a Redoubt, or a snow to contest against a smaller 3rd or 4th rate. Those are reasonable ships that could potentially have a chance dependent on skill level and conditions. 20% would exclude those ships from contesting.

Edited by vellnueve

10 hours ago, Liam790 said:

In the interest of making some rules against this, I want to draw your attention to Knuddel here for joining a hostility mission in a basic cutter and immediately surrendering it to force us to sit in the now empty hostility mission for 45 minutes.

You are being hypocritical m8.

unknown.png

1 minute ago, Nixolai said:

You are being hypocritical m8.

unknown.png

How so, HRE is not my clan, even if it was i dont have to agree with it. And i clearly phrased it as "I think this should be changed". Not everything any 1 player does is representative of the nation.... So thanks for your input.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2