Game-Labs Forum

intro page only allows combat mission. How to get to port?

Balac

10 hours ago, Balac said:

well how can I get into my port and play the game??? I get dumped into combat all the time

Greetings Captain!

You have to complete certain task as shown in the mission:

Sd0YeKh.png

You have to hit the hull and sails of enemy ships and kill some crew. After that you will be able to visit a port

28 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

Is there no way to bipass the mission and just play the game?  Is every new player forced into combat before allowing them to play NA?

No, at present there isn't a skip function. Some beginners seem to fail as they don't know how to steer the ship, regulate sails, shoot cannons. Or identify who is friendly and who is enemy (actually they start next to the friendly column and have to get past it to see and attack the enemy column).

This is a must pass mission. It is only visible for new players. Players must pass it to proceed.

The goal of the mission is to showcase the game for the new player (old players don't see it) and show him if the game is for him and test him if he is good for the game.

Thanks for the answer. 😀:D😀

It sounds like this required mission may be intended as a tough form of kindness for some players wanting to use the War server.  It could act like a barrier to entry and may encourage some to apply for a refund, because they are poorly suited to the competitive PvP of Naval Action. It seems harsh, but it ultimately will be a favor.

But it is possible to enjoy the trading, crafting, sailing, sightseeing, and fishing without combat.  Perhaps rather than a forced fighting exam we could include a helpful message to use the Peace server.  

Respectfully, players can have lots of fun in a relaxed environment without combat, unless the test is designed to turn away weak players who are not wanted.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, admin said:

This is a must pass mission. It is only visible for new players. Players must pass it to proceed.

The goal of the mission is to showcase the game for the new player (old players don't see it) and show him if the game is for him and test him if he is good for the game.

As an introduction to the game it is probably a good intro, but for someone starting who does not even know how to aim and fire their guns it can be quite frustrating, Someone raised a topic a while back about being unable to fire their guns and I think this was the issue, they did not know that they needed to be locked in on the broadside they wanted to fire before firing. The sailing they probably get away with as most games use the WASD keys, but the firing is different.

Maybe some sort of intro about firing would be worth adding to the first mission.

• Like 1