Game-Labs Forum

Weapon grouping

Rina Ravyn

I think an interesting feature would also be to allow the player to divide a ships weaponry into specific custom groups.

Currently its really annoying to have the entire side of a ship stay silent while its broadsiding someone else on the other side. This is probably not easy to achieve but it kinda takes away from the experience and eliminates side guns from the game entirely, because they only become important when you switch targets to someone opposite youve been shooting until that point.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rina Ravyn said:

I think an interesting feature would also be to allow the player to divide a ships weaponry into specific custom groups.

Currently its really annoying to have the entire side of a ship stay silent while its broadsiding someone else on the other side. This is probably not easy to achieve but it kinda takes away from the experience and eliminates side guns from the game entirely, because they only become important when you switch targets to someone opposite youve been shooting until that point.

They could code it so that secondaries on whatever side that aren't firing look for an object to target within 2secs after the other side starts enganging or whatever. Or have it so that one side engages ships within a cone/sector/section etc and the other side the same and unless told so by the player all guns will just fire at whatever.

That should help, we could also do with shot synchronization so rapid fire, salvo, single shot, 1-2 etc. so we have different ways for turrets beyond single barrels to fire and can also apply to the former as well.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2020 at 4:00 PM, Cptbarney said:

They could code it so that secondaries on whatever side that aren't firing look for an object to target within 2secs after the other side starts enganging or whatever. Or have it so that one side engages ships within a cone/sector/section etc and the other side the same and unless told so by the player all guns will just fire at whatever.

That should help, we could also do with shot synchronization so rapid fire, salvo, single shot, 1-2 etc. so we have different ways for turrets beyond single barrels to fire and can also apply to the former as well.

Yies that too! 

I really like my properly executed ripple fire, or fire in sequence.

This could also be beneficial for targeting if you have shells landing on the enemy constantly, when you fire your guns one after the other instead of in bulks.

• Like 1