Game-Labs Forum

Torpedoprotection - LOL

Ive had a similar experience just the other day coincidentally, in the very match i made a video about in screenshots and videos i recorded several torpedo hits scoring below 100 dmg and at some point, despite doing that still, they didnt even start to affect the structure points of the ship anymore once everything was red along the keel. 

granted, the ships entire lenght had a 500mm (22 inch i guess) belt armor so one would expect this, but its still kinda ridonkulous.

I think some sweetspot where one would achieve torpedo immunity should exist. but the armor youd have to stack up for that along citadel V and Krupp IV would have to be around that 20 inch mark AT THE LEAST

and come at a great cost of speed and firepower. maybe have a torpedo tank thats littered with small guns to take on DDs and CLs?

id dig that.

14 hours ago, Rina Ravyn said:

Ive had a similar experience just the other day coincidentally, in the very match i made a video about in screenshots and videos i recorded several torpedo hits scoring below 100 dmg and at some point, despite doing that still, they didnt even start to affect the structure points of the ship anymore once everything was red along the keel. 

granted, the ships entire lenght had a 500mm (22 inch i guess) belt armor so one would expect this, but its still kinda ridonkulous.

I think some sweetspot where one would achieve torpedo immunity should exist. but the armor youd have to stack up for that along citadel V and Krupp IV would have to be around that 20 inch mark AT THE LEAST

and come at a great cost of speed and firepower. maybe have a torpedo tank thats littered with small guns to take on DDs and CLs?

id dig that.

You've highlighted another problem, the armor modelling of the belt. Typically torpedoes would hit below the belt, so it should not provide any benefit. Also there is no such thing as immunity to torpedoes in naval design. TDS was designed to allow a ship to survive a hit by one or more torpedoes, not continually tank them as we have now. 

• Like 1