Game-Labs Forum

So, i was on testbed, and after something like 45 minutes of fighting against an elite ship.... I couldn't loot it because my ship stopped 10 meter too far. This isn't the first time, but i believe that now that it's more difficult to control the ship, it will happen more often than before.

It wasn't fun before the "missing link' update. It was already a real fun breaker, and most of the time a frustrating experience. To be honest, the change in looting, from the end of battle screen to having to close from the wreck was one of the main reasons i stopped playing the game as often as i used to.

I suggest you either return to the looting screen at end of battle, or find another way to make players feel rewarded at end of combat, instead of making them feel cheated because of a loosy looting mechanic.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, admin said:

if we have time we will add leeway to derelicts - they will gently get swayed by wind and water downwind

Why not add a grapple button to pull wrecks towards your ship? I've been playing Shogun 2 now that I have time at home,
ships in that game shoot one grapple as a tether and use it to swing around you, I've seen this effect in Sea of Thieves also.

why not the endbattlescreen, which was gived up with patch 10?

in a range combat game, where positioning, formations and such things play a role, and also long range combat is becoming more and more important, thanks to the new penetration values, the manual looting in the middle of a running battle is just a contradiction.

... i'm talking about fleetbattles here, with a 1v1 it's ok for me, because you can practically loot after the battle. but i don't know the new sailing mechanics

Edited by Holm Hansen

the current looting mechanic is my LEAST favorite part of this game - and most unrealistic. In real life, a ship would send ships boats to loot, take prisoners, and often speed the sinking of the beaten ship. It would seem to me that  in game the closest ship to a beaten enemy could hit a loot button, see a temporary reduction in crew, have their own ship glide to a stop, and after 2 or 3 minutes recover their crew and the looted cargo. Their own ship would be helpless until the recovery timer ended. That would duplicate the sending and recovery of ships boats. Thoughts? 

If the devs even contemplate the gentle leeway of derelicts, I wish they would contemplate this solution to looting.

• Like 2

The game has a bunch of issues that need to be addressed and you guys propose to waste time and resources on looting mechanics so you wont have to bother doing an extra tack to loot the ship you just killed... I mean, why would you even bother looting in a fleet battle ? Why are you even considering breaking formation and hello kittying up the entire battle line (you will have to fight like that) just to get a few doubloons and maybe a fancy upgrade ?

1 hour ago, Henry Long Castle said:

... Why are you even considering breaking formation and hello kittying up the entire battle line (you will have to fight like that) just to get a few doubloons and maybe a fancy upgrade ?

This, but from another sight
.... why we shouldn´t get them?

and that is one of the biggest issues here for me ... and seems for other too. ... especially when you consider that it has been solved better before

I see your point ofc, who wouldn't like to have a free Northern Master Carpenter right and a couple thousand doubloons ? Yea looting was probably better/fairer/whatever with the old patch as you say, but there are major, one could say maybe game-breaking issues that need to be addressed before something like looting mechanics becomes priority. Hope you understand.

2 hours ago, Henry Long Castle said:

The game has a bunch of issues that need to be addressed and you guys propose to waste time and resources on looting mechanics so you wont have to bother doing an extra tack to loot the ship you just killed... I mean, why would you even bother looting in a fleet battle ? Why are you even considering breaking formation and hello kittying up the entire battle line (you will have to fight like that) just to get a few doubloons and maybe a fancy upgrade ?

An extra Tack?  LOL I get a feelilng you don't fight in big ships much?   Some ships if the wreck is even partially up wind your never going to get to it with spending a lot of time and than it's sunk.

I'll be honest when I'm grinding out my SOL/big boys I rarely loot cause it's to much a pain to try to get to the ship when the retarded AI desides to once more turn into irons and away from me.   It seems worse with smaller ships like 5th rates.

6 hours ago, Henry Long Castle said:

That's sort of the point. If the looting mechanic disrupts the flow of battle what even is the purpose? Choose between winning a battle and keeping the loot.
That's a choice I would rather not have to make, especially considering what drops from sunken ships can be so valuable and the whole point of a battle.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Henry Long Castle said:

you wont have to bother doing an extra tack to loot the ship you just killed.

The ships sink so fast in here, that even without an extra tack you can't loot them many times. It is not about not doing what you need to, it is about the stupidly limited time until they sink.

You might be able to brush off loosing a few thousand dubs, but for a few of us every few hundred counts.

Edited by Cathal Brugha