Game-Labs Forum

Whats your favorite ship class and combination of abilities for each class!

TotalRampage

Thought i'd lighten things up by adding some conversation! Take the poll and tell us what type of ships you prefer! And also what you look for when building your specific ship classes! Very generic poll comment below in more specifics if you want!  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What ship type do you prefer?

2. 2. Which combination works best for you in Battleships?

• Armour and Firepower
    • Speed and Firepower
    • Speed and Accuracy
    • Firepower and Accuracy
    • Armour and Speed
  3. 3. Which combination works best for you in Battle Cruisers?

• Armour and Firepower
    • Speed and Firepower
    • Speed and Accuracy
    • Firepower and Accuracy
    • Armour and Speed
  4. 4. Which combination works best for you in Heavy Crusiers?

• Armour and Firepower
    • Speed and Firepower
    • Speed and Accuracy
    • Firepower and Accuracy
    • Armour and Speed
  5. 5. Which combination works best for you in Light Cruisers and destroyers? Wouldn't let me add another question! For firepower think torps or number of guns!

• Armour and Firepower
    • Speed and Firepower
    • Speed and Accuracy
    • Firepower and Accuracy
    • Armour and Speed

3 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

If i can't get Armour and firepower then accuracy would be the next on my list for battleships in-general. For supercruisers it would be a mix with accuracy, armour, firepower, speed. In that order of importance.

I always prioritize speed and firepower! Especially with lighter ships ill cram the suckers with like 20 torps a side.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TotalRampage said:

I always prioritize speed and firepower! Especially with lighter ships ill cram the suckers with like 20 torps a side.

With the loikes of pudding (Hood) she will need both speed and accuracy just so biscuits (bismarck) doesnt turn her behind red again?

• Like 1

With the current iteration of the game armour tends to make the biggest difference so i trend towards that. Having certain guns being a little bit OP (looking at you 9" and 12" guns) also doesnt help since some calibres are straight up useless compared to the smaller guns.

But even so my playstyles from other games does impart some of its character here and I prefer tankier/tougher vessels putting on maximum armour before sticking on the largest/best guns possible. With lighter/faster vessel classes its all about harassing and screening the main fleet. Cutting off or forcing the enemy towards the mainline while being able to absorb and deal damage on their lighter support vessels. Ironically because of this "doctrine" most of the damage and hits are scored by BCs and CAs with the BBs mostly landing the final blows on enemy BBs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Usually don't bother with Battleships as I much prefer Battlecruisers.

German WW1 Battlecruisers and the KM Scharnhorst Class best epitomises what I focus on.

1.  Armour

2.  Speed

3.  Weapons

Heavy Cruisers, I try to avoid, or at least turn them into Light Battlecruisers...

For Light Cruisers, I try to get smaller designs - something like the Agano or Leander Class cruisers.

Twin guns, nothing bigger than 6", no more than 4 turrets.

Destroyers, if I can't take a Light Cruiser, will focus primarily on building something akin to the Type 1936A or Gearing Class.

In the game , battleship and battlecruiser, protection and firepower (including rate of fire).  I am willing to reduce size for tech less than 3 (so I get better rate of fire and accuracy, increasing firepower). In other ship classes generally firepower and speed.