Game-Labs Forum

Boarding moral reasoning

Alamos

Question

Me and my friend lost Rank 3-4 ships due to moral.

I understand I waas boarded by 410 crew vs my 310.

However add this up what happened with my friend:

He had 360 crew, 96 morale. Enemy had 120 crew and 80 morale. Next turn he had morale 20, enemy became unbeatable 95 morale. These are all NPCs, when we tried to mortar down the crew it caused over 5 times more damage to sails and hull then to crew.

Previously same ship we could manage to capture. Now even a Brig can overtake a full L'Ocean??? Why is this change?

Is it fair play and realistic with your 3 times bigger unit number losing because of morale?

Please let us have all these boosts, he went with rum and books against and still lost it...

3 answers to this question

43 minutes ago, Alamos said:

Morale

Morale consists of morale drop due to losses + morale shock. 
If you lose a lot more than enemy you have a huge drop in morale. If you inflict casualties a lot more to the enemy you might gain morale. 

Its going to be very hard for a brig to board an Ocean. But if ocean morale is zero already then Brig can potentially win.

7 hours ago, Alamos said:

Me and my friend lost Rank 3-4 ships due to moral.

I understand I waas boarded by 410 crew vs my 310.

However add this up what happened with my friend:

He had 360 crew, 96 morale. Enemy had 120 crew and 80 morale. Next turn he had morale 20, enemy became unbeatable 95 morale. These are all NPCs, when we tried to mortar down the crew it caused over 5 times more damage to sails and hull then to crew.

Previously same ship we could manage to capture. Now even a Brig can overtake a full L'Ocean??? Why is this change?

Is it fair play and realistic with your 3 times bigger unit number losing because of morale?

Please let us have all these boosts, he went with rum and books against and still lost it...

did you attack normal NPC or Elite NPC  ? Elite NPC can be very hard to board if you have less crew than it or just have slighty more crew than it 

1 hour ago, [DNMF] Admiral Gerding said:

did you attack normal NPC or Elite NPC  ? Elite NPC can be very hard to board if you have less crew than it or just have slighty more crew than it 

How can you make difference between the elite and none elite? Nothing suggesting it. Only 1-1 ship was. Mine fair enough 410 vs 310.
My friend lost with 380 crews against 120 - so Elite can win with 120 crew against 380 so easily? What ratio it would be?
My friend starting morale was 96 with rum. Enemy had  80. Are you telling me it's normal the next round he dropped down to 20 morale? Lost 76 morale because of loss in one single round? Enemy went over 95 because of it??? I would call that Darth Vader more than Elite NPC. Even he had books for crew, ship bonus for crew at least lvl 3 and still loose.
Interesting question. This was a Ventre NPC vs Armageddon.