Game-Labs Forum

Potc Black Pearl as Mercant or as a Pirate ship

Mass

The ship in my mind is the ship i want the most for two reasons she started as a merchant ship "Wicked Wench" and was converted to "Black Pearl" and the other reason is that, i want it becuase of POTC but the ship is heavliy armed with 32 cannons and she can defend herself but i would like it to be a little expensive so younger players will not just join the game to play Jack sparrow and raid stuff just for fun.

But its cool if she can be converted from a merchant to pirate and thats a feature that i want.

This is maybe a childish topic but the ship is awesome and could be in my mind a great merchant ship for british nations.

post-10002-0-00147700-1423582508_thumb.png

post-10002-0-49895700-1423582520_thumb.jpg

BP and the QAR are from my current knowledge the only fanatsy ships in the movies.

Lady Washington - Interceptor

HMS Bounty - Trader in second movie

Flying Dutchman - Swedish Wasa yes i'm talking about that Wasa

HMS Rose/Surprise - Frigate in 4th movie

the Bigger Lineships are based on Victory etc

I highly doubt this will happen.

1.  Lawsuits.  Even the possibility of a lawsuit is enough to stop anybody from making this ship.

2.  The ship isn't that realistic

3.  There are a lot of real ship plans to choose from.  There is no reason to make a fictional one instead.

U gave me an idea it will be childish but we could have have a ghost ship that will make an easter egg she will only attack 1% off the times she is spotted?

Sounds like fun, some ghost ship should come out once every night in pursuit of players until they reach the safety of a port. :D

I think the Black pearl is quite cool as an easter egg but giving players fictional ships seems like a bad idea.  I'd rather see real designs that might be close in appearance to the BP.

I highly doubt this will happen.

1.  Lawsuits.  Even the possibility of a lawsuit is enough to stop anybody from making this ship.

That depends on whether the ships design, or the name is under copyright. Regardless, Game-Labs can ask permission from Disney to use either.

2.  The ship isn't that realistic

It's movie qualities might not be, but the ship was constructed to be seaworthy. Basically, they just rebuilt a propeller driven ship to look like a pirate ship. So the ship can sail. In game all you have to do was apply the games physics to the model. In game, It wouldn't be remarkable in any way.

I'm not sure how complicated it would be to model the ship from scratch though, as you say, to be completely realistic.

3.  There are a lot of real ship plans to choose from.  There is no reason to make a fictional one instead.

Correct, and just like the developer said earlier, they wouldn't make the BP in 2015 unless they had plenty of profit to hire more modelers.