Game-Labs Forum

Feature speculation and list of confirmed features

Firstly this is unofficial however i wanted to make a list of confirmed features i read from forum replies from devs, so i made a big list of them, in addition to things that are considered and speculated features, the speculation is coming from my own expectations and also if i made any mistakes, missed anything or have your own suggestions, feedback is welcome.

What I think is work in progress/is planned:

Confirmed:
    -Ability to make more than 1 ship in custom battles 
    -Barbette armour control 
    -Barbette placement improvement
    -Campaign 
    -Casemate Optimisations (such as casemate shields)
    -Coasts 
    -Coastal guns
    -Crew mechanics 
    -Hull widening 
    -More control of citadel size 
    -More flexible tower placement 
    -More realistic Engine component combinations
    -Nations will have unique shipyard bonuses 
    -Quad turrets
    -Realistic Weather effects 
    -Rework of secondaries fire control
    -Radio Communications 
    -Ship Saving 
    -Visual Optimisations 

Considered:
     -Casemate physical locations show up after a casemate gun is placed 
     -Designer components lock when using auto design 

Speculation:
     -Camo
     -Different AI difficulties
     -More towers
     -More academy missions
     -Some sort of command map

What you think so far?

This thread will be updated overtime with suggestions and future comments from the devs

Ps. Lot of the campaign features are mentioned here: https://www.dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/the-playing-modes

Edited by gamerfromspace
Added additional subjects
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

It's nice to have a list like this here. It might reduce amount of questions about features that were already promissed.

Few things I would like to add:

Rework of secondaries fire control:

In the list there is coast mentioned. I think we might also add coastal guns to the list. If you scroll down in this thread you can see reply from Ink. Ink wrote: ,,We plan to offer battles near coastlines in the Campaign.''             I'm aware that this comment doesn't meantion coastal guns but only coastline but if we consider that this comment is part of discussion called ,,Coastal guns'' I think that we might take this as confirmation of Coastal guns.

Quad guns: I think that these might be moved from speculation to confirmed. Because if you look at the screenshot of research tree I uploaded you can see that quadruple turrets are researchable.

Campaing features - I'm not sure if these are supposed to be mentioned singly in this list or if they a re just part of the word ,,campaing'' but because coast and crew (which are campaing features) are mentioned, I'd like to mention them too. Because there is too many of them to write every single one, I'll at least write here few sources where you can find promised campaing features: https://www.dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/the-playing-modes                          https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/36437-ultimate-admiral-dreadnoughts-steam-release-plan-update/

Kampan (wip).png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aceituna said:

It's nice to have a list like this here. It might reduce amount of questions about features that were already promissed.

In the list there is coast mentioned. I think we might also add coastal guns to the list. If you scroll down in this thread you can see reply from Ink. Ink wrote: ,,We plan to offer battles near coastlines in the Campaign.''             I'm aware that this comment doesn't meantion coastal guns but only coastline but if we consider that this comment is part of discussion called ,,Coastal guns'' I think that we might take this as confirmation of Coastal guns.

Quad guns: I think that these might be moved from speculation to confirmed. Because if you look at the screenshot of research tree I uploaded you can see that quadruple turrets are researchable.

Campaing features - I'm not sure if these are supposed to be mentioned singly in this list or if they a re just part of the word ,,campaing'' but because coast and crew (which are campaing features) are mentioned, I'd like to mention them too. Because there is too many of them to write every single one, I'll at least write here few sources where you can find promised campaing features: https://www.dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/the-playing-modes                          https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/36437-ultimate-admiral-dreadnoughts-steam-release-plan-update/

Kampan (wip).png

Where did you get the image from?

2 hours ago, Aceituna said:

Kampan (wip).png

Also thanks for the input, I added your suggestions to the list

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gamerfromspace said:

Where did you get the image from?

It's a very old image back from alpha 1 and the transition to alpha 2. But that was almost 9 months ago now if not longer so it should look considerably different know.

Also quad secondaries yes bloody please!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, gamerfromspace said:

This is means what we will to design only our fleet, or both side?

And what about national design of turrets/hulls for Italian/French fleet?

Edited by Avalon

1 hour ago, Avalon said:

This is means what we will to design only our fleet, or both side?

And what about national design of turrets/hulls for Italian/French fleet?

This refers to building rest of the fleet in custom battles not just a single ship however id expect more national hulls and turrets as the game gets developed further :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gamerfromspace said:

This refers to building rest of the fleet in custom battles not just a single ship

I understand it, but, can we design enemy side ships for custom battles?=)

I mean, create two BB monsters, and seen, how they destroy each others (and whole fleets too, replicate historical battles, or see, who won, Iowa class or Yamato).=D

Edited by Avalon

14 hours ago, Avalon said:

I understand it, but, can we design enemy side ships for custom battles?=)

I mean, create two BB monsters, and seen, how they destroy each others (and whole fleets too, replicate historical battles, or see, who won, Iowa class or Yamato).=D

Nah, you only create one ship for your side atm, everything else is auto-generated by the AI.

The community however wants the ability to do so, designing more than just one ship, able to do so to the enemy and have a ship library so that we can quickly pull ships already made into a custom battle.

• Like 2

On 7/30/2020 at 2:14 PM, gamerfromspace said:

Firstly this is unofficial however i wanted to make a list of confirmed features i read from forum replies from devs, so i made a big list of them, in addition to things that are considered and speculated features, the speculation is coming from my own expectations and also if i made any mistakes, missed anything or have your own suggestions, feedback is welcome.

What I think is work in progress/is planned:

Confirmed:
    -Barbette armour control 
    -Barbette placement improvement
    -Campaign 
    -Casemate Optimisations (such as casemate shields)
    -Coasts 
    -Coastal guns
    -Crew mechanics 
    -Hull widening 
    -More control of citadel size 
    -More flexible tower placement 
    -More realistic Engine component combinations
    -Nations will have unique shipyard bonuses 
    -Quad turrets
    -Realistic Weather effects 
    -Rework of secondaries fire control
    -Radio Communications 
    -Ship Saving 
    -Visual Optimisations 

Considered:
     -Casemate physical locations show up after a casemate gun is placed 
     -Designer components lock when using auto design 

Speculation:
     -Camo
     -Different AI difficulties
     -More towers
     -More academy missions
     -Some sort of command map

What you think so far?

This thread will be updated overtime with suggestions and future comments from the devs

Ps. Lot of the campaign features are mentioned here: https://www.dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/the-playing-modes

SO AMAZİNG REALLY GOOD I LİKE QUAD TURRETS :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Admiral Lütjens said:

actually the campaign part might be like the atlantic front like convoy raids, but of course with stories and narratives 

we may need to repair the ships, we pull them to the shipyard 
such as air strikes are possible 
or whatever the developer team plans :D

I doubt airstrikes are planned for anytime soon, maybe a post release feature or im hopping for an aircraft carrier DLC

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gamerfromspace said:

I doubt airstrikes are planned for anytime soon, maybe a post release feature or im hopping for an aircraft carrier DLC

They may be aircraft carriers, but they can be very powerful. I did not see a dynamic accordingly on warships.🤔🤔🤔

On 7/31/2020 at 6:56 PM, Admiral Lütjens said:

They may be aircraft carriers, but they can be very powerful. I did not see a dynamic accordingly on warships.🤔🤔🤔

Thing is they played a significant role in later periods of naval warfare, so it would be unhistoric if they werent there. However even just to have float plane catapults or land based aircraft would be a significant addition in the right direction

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping to have better hull class to choose from ie, Pennsylvania class, original and after refit in 1929 to Pearl Harbor spects and with Tripod masts with the three story fighting tops along with all of the Pearl Harbor ships and more superstructer placement and availibility.

Possibly more realistic damage, the flying turrets are cool though.

Since we can ad AA mounts, perhaps some air attacks, and lastly to be able to record and save battles etc.

Thanks

Edited by Mikey29211

16 hours ago, Jatzi said:

Why do ppl like quad turrets so much? Like obviously they're gonna be in the game so I honestly don't understand the constant outcry for them. 

Me neither. Sure a fun and nice to have addition but at the minute we have many more pressing and much more fundamental stuff to do / add