Game-Labs Forum

I thought id share my hilarious gunfight with you...

Rina Ravyn

So, i got this key today and was really excited to break the game in.

Some things are off, AI seems to hit a lot more often than my crew but not too badly.

Decided to build a typical 30s era german High-Seas DD and hit it off in a 1v1.

37kts tops, 6x 12cm (and yies please devs introduce metric numbers, like cmon guys its 2020 xD) cannons in single barrel turrets, 2x 4tube torplauncher and pretty kickass softstats. rounded it off with full DD armor along the belt, turrets and conning tower.

Enemy spotted, kept at range for the time being, working the armor.... Royal navy DD seemed to be undergunned for the armor.

The i thought, "would be a shame if this dude packed eletric torpedoes just like i do."

And guess what i ran into next. Damn tham spidey senses.

So anyway, i had two engines down, burning, flooding and just thought, meh... 60% intact, flooding under control, lets bring the engines back up and them hello kitty em....

Engines wouldnt come back tho... so having krept at 15 kts for 10 minutes i ended the suffering, pulled a 180 and then i noticed it: "DD arab ran out of torpedoes for....."

SCORE!

Kept getting closer.... and closer...... and closer.... enemy shells still dinging off the armor up to 30°-ish angle.... my guns tho? nah ah were not hitting anything today sir, its just this new thing our therapist told us about... u know.... occupational therapy?

So its point blank range now.... i have to keep it at a steady 25 starboard rudder to keep the angle up.... im still not hitting for shet, meanwhile, enemy hit counter up to 60..... oh boi, how long will this go?

Then disaster strikes... out of nowhere... fkn flashfire... first midship... then the 2 turrets aft.... so now im down to 14% integrity, 17% flooding, ship is burning and my remaining 3 guns are still not hitting it....

Im increasing rudder to full starboard now... this allows my second torp launcher to go SKRRRRRRRRRRRRRA.

Previously COMPLETELY BUCKIN UNHARMED little shit thats run circles around me eats 3 of them. 

I win.

PS: i know this includes cussing but its necessary for the flavour.

Edited by Rina Ravyn