Game-Labs Forum

NPC L'Ocean boards, blows up, then turns into an imported Victory...

Gandalf The White

It didn't turn into one, it took your ship than was kiled by the explosion.   I seen this before in other battlees and also done it myself when I taken other players ships in fights cause mine was sinking and than later get sunk in said captured ship (it was back when we had press gang and could do mass boardings in one battle).  I actually got credit for the kill too of my own ship when it sunk.

5 hours ago, Gandalf The White said:

message said I killed it and but it kept grappling me with 0 crew...

Think of it this way, Boarding kinda pauses all things that happen outsdie. You can sink a ship fully while some one is in boarding, but until they come out of that boarding the ship won't actually sink.   Like I said above I done this before where I quickly took the other guys ship since mine was pretty much sunk.  Than I proceded to go after other ships with a full health ship and crew (it was back when we had press gang).   So I assume that is what the AI did.  He beat you at boarding and took your ship. So the TAB shows it in the new ship, but than the explosion killed his crew and both where dead.

This is also why you never go loot a ship that is still sinking that has more crew than you.  Wait until it's fully sunk.

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

This is also why you never go loot a ship that is still sinking that has more crew than you.  Wait until it's fully sunk.

But you missed the point where he says the ship had no crew. You can even see it in the top right of the picture where the crew is zero yet in the boarding screen it has 861 crew. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 9:00 PM, Archaos said:

But you missed the point where he says the ship had no crew. You can even see it in the top right of the picture where the crew is zero yet in the boarding screen it has 861 crew. 

and you missed the point where I said it pauses the actions from out side during the boarding game.  It's prob a bad glitch that needs to be looked at as we normally don't have that happen in ever fight.

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

and you missed the point where I said it pauses the actions from out side during the boarding game.  It's prob a bad glitch that needs to be looked at as we normally don't have that happen in ever fight.

сorrect. 

UI was showing 0 crew because they were already moving to another ship. Its classic NPC reboarding.  his ship was sinking, some crew survived, he took the ship.
Just like Captain Blood in the Sabatini novel.

0 crew number is rounded (up or down). So he could have had 1 man left (last man standing) with 0.39 health (it is still rounded to 0 but there was a guy).
He crawled to the quarterdeck bleeding profusely and raised the banner, falling in exhaustion afterwards. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1