Game-Labs Forum

1920 Treaty

Hardlec

One thing I find bemusing is when I design a cruiser action after WWI, and my enemy always has 9 inch guns on its cruisers.
For all the kerfuffle about historicity, I would think the AI would be required to follow the Washington Naval Treaty and limit it's cruisers to guns of 8 inches or less.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hardlec said:

One thing I find bemusing is when I design a cruiser action after WWI, and my enemy always has 9 inch guns on its cruisers.
For all the kerfuffle about historicity, I would think the AI would be required to follow the Washington Naval Treaty and limit it's cruisers to guns of 8 inches or less.

We could do with treaties anyways, i hope the custom battles mode comes with saves, ship libraries and for different eras, scenario makers and also the ability to set limitation and/or treaties (historical or fictional).

Would add a lot more replayability and give youtubers and easier time. Along with fixing other glaring mechanical issues that need doing (but have been acknowledged mostly).

• Like 1

I think (and hope) that treaties will appear in the campaign as dynamic events, much like in Rule the Waves. For this reason (being a dynamic campaign event), they are not hardcoded, allowing you to design ships at your leisure without being bound by the treaty. That's at least my interpretation.

• Like 1