Game-Labs Forum

I was searching through the Maritime Museum Rotterdam's digital collection and came across this ship.  It has nice plans, but I could not find it's name (It's unlikely that Vierde Charter Gemonteerd is it's name).

To see plans click Here

Lots of nice stuff there, downloaded a couple of plans a while ago.

Plans that are complete and would be interesting for NA:

Hellevoetsluis/Vollenhoven, 1707, 20 gun frigate

Schcipio, 1780, 22 gun frigate

Jason, 1778, 26 gun frigate

4th Rate (no name), 1750, 40 guns

4th Rate (no name), 1780, 46 guns,

The NMM has plans for two other dutch 4th Rates (Princes Carolina, 1748/ Rotterdam, 1761).

And there´s a draught for the absolutely beautiful 60-gun Boekenroode of 1729, might be a bit hard to find, though, can´t remember where I got my copy from.

Edited by Bava
  • Like 1

I think de Delft is the best candidate for the first dutch warship in the game. 1) It's more modern (1783) unlike other famous dutch ships from the 17th century (beautiful but old-fashioned).  2) It will fill the gap between Constie and Bellona nicely. 3) That statue in the middle of the stern is so badass.

• Like 2

It would be interesting to find a Dutch 1st rate from the Napoleonic era!

I'm not sure the Dutch had any large SoLs in that era. Their own historian described their navy as "second rate" after 1725 or so, and it was mostly a trade protection force old 64-gunners. What remained was captured by the revolutionary French cavalry(!) in the 1790s. So they lost their battleships to horsemen riding out on the ice.

• Like 1

Well, on the research for Dutch Ships, the largest Dutch ship in the Napoleonic Wars that I could find was the 90-Gun Ship of the Line "Chatham", built in 1799 and broken up in 1823, however I am pretty sure she was never in a any engagement.  http://threedecks.org/index.php?display_type=show_ship&id=793

Also, gents, don't forget about the "Vrijheid": http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/3330-dutch-ship-of-the-line-vrijheid-freedom-1782/

Well, on the research for Dutch Ships, the largest Dutch ship in the Napoleonic Wars that I could find was the 90-Gun Ship of the Line "Chatham", built in 1799 and broken up in 1823, however I am pretty sure she was never in a any engagement.  http://threedecks.org/index.php?display_type=show_ship&id=793

While I'd love to include the Chatham, all I could find for blueprints were the bow and stern, but no full blueprints.

No, I have not found any sister ships for the Chatham, I also checked the Rotterdam dockyard list on ThreeDecks, but no other ship has her same lines or guns as her.  She seemed to be a one-of-a-kind type of ship, which makes it more difficult to find plans for.

Steenbergen 1664

The Steenbergen was build in 1664. She was known for her participation in the Battle of Palermo in 1676. During the battle she was set on fire and ultimately lost.

While burning, the Steenbergen drifted into the Vrijheid en Leiden and caused their loss as well.

Untitled.png

( Now tell me she isn't sexy )

Some additional information:

Commander from 1671: Jacob Binckes

Commander from mid. 1672: Jan Roetering

Commander from mid. 1673: Jan van Gelder

Commander from late 1673: Engel de Ruyter

Commander from 1674: Cornelis van den Heuvel

Commander from mid. 1675: Pieter van Middelland (Died at the Battle of Palermo)

Dimensions: 150ft x 38ft x 15 ft

Armament: Varies from 64 guns in 1671, to 70 guns in 1673, to 68 guns in 1676

Crew: Varies from 310 to 350 crew

If someone has additional information, i would love to hear it. I simply love this ship!

Edited by SteelSandwich