Game-Labs Forum

Which missions remain overly difficult?

Which missions remain overly difficult?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote for one or more missions which remain overly difficult for you. The missions of the list are those that were previously reported as very hard. Feel free to complain about the reasons you find a mission very hard. The mission you complain can be out of this list.

• First Casemates: CSS Virginia
    • Battleship vs Torpedo Boats
    • Defeat the Semi-Dreadnought
    • Destroyers vs Torpedo Boats
    • Meet the US Battleships
    • German Raiding Squadron
    • Hurry Up
    • Near Jutland
    • Destroy a full Fleet
    • Dreadnought vs Modern Cruisers
    • Numbers don't matter
    • German Pride
    • Prove your Might
    • The US Super Battleship
    • Design your own H-class
    • Wounded Beast
    • Modern vs Old Destroyers
    • Torpedo Banzai
    • Mission Impossible
    • Battle of Destroyers
    • Contest in the Black Sea

Mine is out of the list: There Can Be Only One

The enemy designer takes the biggest possible calibre of 19" or 20" with an insane amount of accuracy and range over your ship, no matter the calibre you use making it impossible to complete this mission.. by the time your shells start hitting it over and over again, your ship is already down to either 40% hull or 30% hull or flooded all the way to 30% float

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Academy missions should have been based around good tactics and design. Not slam your head until you get lucky. Most issues here is when the game simply asks the player to do miracles. Many

Please vote for one or more missions which remain overly difficult for you. The missions of the list are those that were previously reported as very hard. Feel free to complain about the reasons you f

Voted for Destroyers vs Torpedo Boats, as it suffers the most from the issue of TB's being effectively unhittable. I found a way to deal with them, but it's unavailable in this mission, as it involves

Posted Images

I found First Casemates: CSS Virginia to be very easy... especially when exploiting it by ramming the enemy monitor. Prioritise armor, bulkheads, and speed. Have the one gun, casemates are not required. Ram the enemy, finish them off. On the other hand, this exploit doesn't work in the scenario where you need to kill a destroyer with a light cruiser because your ship's captain slams on the brakes to get from 30kts to 0kts in a split second so ramming is not possible. If that is actual game mechanic (not allowing ramming), perhaps that should become available after a failed attempt.

Edited by MacSix

Im struggling now with pocket battleship - the french battle cruiser just runs off at incredibly high speed and I cannot make a build that can keep up with enough armour to survive. So much for "enemy will never retreat" I see that on a lot of missions but they do in fact retreat as fast as possible.

• 2 months later...

I am playing all the missions in the current version as the progress has been erased. The Modern Battleship mission seems to be overly difficult. Taking out 70 percent of all enemies requires two battleships, which are not top-edge due to lack of funds. A single battleship is fired upon by 13 ships and runs out of ammunition, even if it survives long enough.

On 10/10/2021 at 5:36 AM, Armchair_Admiral said:

I am playing all the missions in the current version as the progress has been erased. The Modern Battleship mission seems to be overly difficult. Taking out 70 percent of all enemies requires two battleships, which are not top-edge due to lack of funds. A single battleship is fired upon by 13 ships and runs out of ammunition, even if it survives long enough.

Have you run across this thread?

Sink the Raiders is impossible in Core Patch 0.5 v90.

You have no control over the transports and all must survive else the mission fails. Most of the time the mission spawns in with the 3 cruisers in firing range and firing upon the transports, sinking one within 1-5 minutes of the encounter starting.

You can't kill all 3 of them that quickly and there's no way to draw aggro, so you're at the mercy of the AI creating a circumstance where the transports survive, which I haven't had happen once in all of my attempts so far.

Has anyone actually managed to complete Torpedo Banzai? Even using electric torpedoes, the AI seems to be able to either completely or near-completely evade torpedo salvos, which mean that you need to get extremely close in order to get successful torpedo hits. But you can't get close, because the enemy force is so incredibly powerful compared to your destroyers or cruisers. It appears that the main problem is that the AI seems to detect torpedoes far before a player would be able to (I've also noticed this with ships- I'm often spotted first even in smaller ships with good towers). There's also the problem that you need a lot of hits to sink even one battleship, and you tend to run out of ships/torpedoes before the enemy runs out of battleships.

• 2 weeks later...