Game-Labs Forum

We're in the redemption arc.

BobRoss0902

we already went through the exposition with the early in game betas, and the punishment arc with the delays and lack of communication, but now we are in the redemption arc with some great communication so far, and more devs on the team. 

I am quite excited.

• Like 6

It like a really long anime with a few smoll babies who are able to draw beyond the speed of light with excellent detailing and very realistic animations, and pump out two episodes per day.

Makes me wonder whats after teh redemption arc, i think we should play a song that goes well with the theme of the current arc.

• Like 3

Disclaimer: These opinions, viewpoints, thoughts &c, &c... are solely my own. Remaining flexible and welcoming/open for change, albeit >potentially< with some difficulty.
I'm sorry if i come across as a "party pooper"

While it's good to see a few more replies to feedback and issues here and there. I remain reserved.
There's a long, long way to go before redemption can be seen on the horizon, in my opinion.

Personally, i don't care about balance, the campaign or more recently the announcement of further delays.

I cared(note: past tense) more about the fundamental, core structures of the game. Issues that so many deem or misunderstand as being "ah it's minor, small number tweaking here and there, it's unimportant". 

It's not about the hypothetical MINOR issue of e.g: "lets make the 18" guns do 5% less damage or 5% less accurate. Problem solved.". It's about ever reaching the point where aforementioned example can even be considered a relevant solution to anything. The fact that i feel it isn't, is in and of itself a MAJOR issue. (sorry, i'm terrible at explaining)

But i digress... this isn't my main gripe any longer. Since there's really no point in trying to talk to a brick wall, and therein lies the(my) problem.

Communication and information being asymmetric or barely existent is my number 1 issue here.
(What follows might not necessarily represent or be applicable to the definition of aforementioned phrase.)
(Thank you to a certain user, for introducing this phrase to me, consequently making me google it in any case❤️!)

Seeing the devs being so surprised when @Steeltrap mentioned the bulkhead issues "recently", put the final nail in the coffin for me. It was horribly disheartening to see.

Since i joined(alpha 2). I've seen so many great posts/threads from select few but truly awesome users giving feedback, addressing issues and given eloquent, well thought out suggestions on possible solutions to said issues. These posts, without a doubt requiring lots of hard, time consuming work.

Most, if not all seemingly ignored, not acknowledged or given no sign of appreciation. Issues that has been in the game since i joined. Issues that in my opinion aren't "minor".
Just a "Thank you for the constructive feedback, we will definitely be looking into this!" would go long, long ways in my eyes.
Instead what seems to get attention are the: "Plz AdD ThE [Blank]-Hull" posts. (Though this may well be confirmation bias on my part.)

Frankly, i find it rather disrespectful.

I've expressed my fear of this becoming the case back in february/march. Reading it back again a few days ago i was really surprised to see how applicable it still is today.

Yes, i know it's a small team. Which is why I've been lenient and understanding, refraining from even forming this opinion. But there comes a point, ya know? 
Hopefully with the addition of more crew on the team, this will change. I hope it's not too late however. Since many of these prominent/golden individuals i speak of, might've "already" abandoned ship. Understandably so since i'm honestly amazed by the sheer amount of patience shown by them, at least in my eyes. (my eyes might be seeing things wrong of course.)

_

I've got a few examples that can explain why i've come to form these opinions. But i'll spare you, and myself.

(I'm very easily drained, awfully slow to write, find and decide on sentences that properly convey my thoughts on a level i deem satisfactory/passable.(4h+ writing this, lul). Always in doubt, including whether or not my own opinions are even justifiable or called for.)

I guess i should try and apply @DougToss excellent 'stool' analogy to life in general.🤔<3.

• Like 5

@Mindstrip The thing is the devs havent actually added any new hulls since may if not further back, and they have already acknowledged they are working on a better and more complex armour system plus dealing with some of the gunnery issues we have left over.

Designers and Programmers do different things a 3d modeller doesnt touch code while a core programmer doesnt touch any 3d modelling software at all. So i never understand this negativity towards a game that is based mainly around designing your ship, but with many realistic features. Atm there isn't enough content to keep people going and to keep them interested till the campaign arrives.

I suspect they will use the campaign to flesh out the mechanics because lets face it trying to do it with these highly artificial scenarios won't work because every single scenario is different and the campaign will be introducing new mechanics that we won't have tested out or seen yet.

Its far from too late, this game is still in alpha, hasnt even reached closed beta yet. And lets face it this game will never be a 1:1 simulator because that would be boring as hell, attract fewer players and also misses the point of the game being a ship designer while also being a fleet manager at the same time, whilst also being able to control said fleets with different formations, ship types etc.

I've also advocated for better systems in terms of gunnery and armour (i mean read my posts that i have made so far) i don't go into a huge amount of depth either due to irl commiments or because i don't know much about naval systems, but i do know game mechanics and if a game isn't fun then its worthless.

The designer is a much of a core mechanic as the armour layout system, gunnery, weather, movement systems are they just need to be more complex and fleshed out than they are currently.

And yes the dev team could communicate more so we have a good idea of what they are doing and what problems they have acknowledged so far and what they are fixing and when.

• Like 1