Game-Labs Forum

Important announcement - UAD Release date and "Standard Edition" keys

Admirals,

We would like to share our latest news about the project:

1. All Standard Edition buyers will get Xsolla access this week. You will receive the email that has the key to the launcher and the download link. The reasons for this is described below.
  2. The development speed has been slowing down from Spring and slowed to a crawl recently due to various unexpected/unforeseen circumstances.

We have to reshuffle the team in order to put the project back on tracks. As a result, the Steam release date has moved from 10th of August to end of Autumn. More developers will join the project as well to speed up the development. This will of course delay us initially but it will pay off in the future.

We will continue using the Xsolla launcher to deliver patches and fixes. 

Thank you for your attention,

The Game-Labs Team

=====================
***LATEST UPDATE***

Keys for Xsolla Standard Edition will be ready for sending next week.  ETA Wednesday 29/7/2020.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, nimbalo500 said:

i am more focused on "More developers will join the project as well to speed up the development."

It seems like we are finally getting the communication we asked for and the things we were requesting between the adding of more devs and the long list of issues thread.

I'm quite excited.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BobRoss0902 said:

Is campaign still on course for release by the end of the year tho?

I would also like to hear from devs about this. But from what we know: Nick said: 

1. The development speed has been slowing down from Spring and slowed to a crawl recently due to various unexpected/unforeseen circumstances.

What does it mean ,,recently''? If we talk about events that happened before 19th June (when this post that announced time until campaing was published)

Than we are fine because these ,,events'' (such as sick programmator that we were informed about) were known to devs when they scheduled the time rate of 5-6 months.

But it might mean campaing delay if Nick wrote about some events that happened after 19th June that we weren't informed about (if I didn't miss something).

But I am quite optimistic about this message because of this: More developers will join the project as well to speed up the development. This will of course delay us initially but it will pay off in the future.

I suppose it means that we will not see any big development for some time because of iniciation of new devs into the project - (This will of course delay us initially). But announced campaing waiting time is 5-6 months. I think this time is long enough for this team changes to start paying off - (it will pay off in the future).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skeksis said:

This is excellent, with more staff, to me this means the project can grow to its full potential. 🙂

I wonder what the extra developers are for, it actually sounds exciting. 🙂

Balance Department.

4 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

We have to reshuffle the team in order to put the project back on tracks.

Were the graphic artists retained? 

Don't sweat the delay, no one here wants you to rush. Just saying something needs a bit more time is waaaay better than saying nothing, and/or rushing it out.

• Like 4

Frankly Im not too concerned with the delay on the campaign as long as work is still ongoing. Rather a well polished game than one plagued with bugs and unfinished mechanics. Thanks for the clarifications after this rather nervewracking period of silence.

I believe it was mentioned that the main coding work was separate from the art/graphics, would this mean that instead of very large updates (i.e, campaign, massive reworks, etc.) would we expect smaller graphical updates (new art, new parts, refinements, etc.) to come instead? This coupled with balances to the combat mechanics would be more than sufficient to give players flexibility in playing with custom designs until something bigger like the campaign comes along.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Admirals,

1. All Standard Edition buyers will get Xsolla access this week. You will receive the email that has the key to the launcher and the download link. The reasons for this is described below.
  2. The development speed has been slowing down from Spring and slowed to a crawl recently due to various unexpected/unforeseen circumstances.

We have to reshuffle the team in order to put the project back on tracks. As a result, the Steam release date has moved from 10th of August to end of Autumn. More developers will join the project as well to speed up the development. This will of course delay us initially but it will pay off in the future.

The Game-Labs Team

Wait, so if I understood this correctly, the Steam Early Access has been delayed, and for compensation Standard Edition purchasers will get the game this week? Is that right?

30 minutes ago, TsAGI said:

Wait, so if I understood this correctly, the Steam Early Access has been delayed, and for compensation Standard Edition purchasers will get the game this week? Is that right?

That should be correct.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HusariuS said:

Okey, but still even small updates would be nice to see :)

We should do if the art department hasn't been compromised and they can still add assets in without the need of programmers (Props, animations (sort of), models like turrets, structures, barbettes, barrels, decals, effects, camos etc.)

Edited by Cptbarney
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Admirals,

The Game-Labs Team

Good to see some sitrep finally!

I think it is reasonable to stay on the current launcher for the time being - a release on steam would currently probably get mixed or even negative reviews. Good if the devs take the time to improve critical aspects such as ship designer, campaign and such. 

Also - being transparent is the best way to go here. Nothing substantial happened in the past half year - ok. You seem to be takIng some actions to improve the situation which is good. 

Rest assured, the peeps here on the forum are very supportive with your project and totally understand that things happen. 

All the best for the coming months and I (likely even “we”) hope to see some fresh content here soon!

We watch this space 🙂

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Good to see some sitrep finally!

I think it is reasonable to stay on the current launcher for the time being - a release on steam would currently probably get mixed or even negative reviews. Good if the devs take the time to improve critical aspects such as ship designer, campaign and such. 

Also - being transparent is the best way to go here. Nothing substantial happened in the past half year - ok. You seem to be takIng some actions to improve the situation which is good. 

Rest assured, the peeps here on the forum are very supportive with your project and totally understand that things happen. 

All the best for the coming months and I (likely even “we”) hope to see some fresh content here soon!

We watch this space 🙂

Ye, seems they had a lot of issues in the backdoor. Might of been wages and accomidation sorting out roles etc. But im glad they told us what happened that way we don't get the impression they don't care.

Also surprised how honest they are myself, Either way like others have said i'd rather this polished than simply rushed to appease a few peeps otherwise we will get a bad game and humans are very good at remembering the negatives compared to the positives (which is guess is important, but can be detrimental at times especially in none violent or scary places).

• Like 4

Nick, thank you for the update. I appreciate you guys are busy, but please keep posting development updates, roadmaps and blogs if you can! Everyone who paid for the advanced edition is invested in this game and would love to hear how things are going, good and bad. If everyone here on the forums is better informed about progress, I have no doubt there'll be less grumbling and more understanding.

You have a very special game here, and I would much prefer you take the time to get things right and make a game you're happy with. It deserves to be a success on launch.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SonicB said:

Nick, thank you for the update. I appreciate you guys are busy, but please keep posting development updates, roadmaps and blogs if you can! Everyone who paid for the advanced edition is invested in this game and would love to hear how things are going, good and bad. If everyone here on the forums is better informed about progress, I have no doubt there'll be less grumbling and more understanding.

You have a very special game here, and I would much prefer you take the time to get things right and make a game you're happy with. It deserves to be a success on launch.

We thank you all for the persistent support and sharing of ideas, which help us greatly to prioritize our work. We will certainly keep you posted when we have something new and important to deliver. 

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

We thank you all for the persistent support and sharing of ideas, which help us greatly to prioritize our work. We will certainly keep you posted when we have something new and important to deliver. 

Same to you for making the game, i hope we haven't been too harsh, text can be tricky to decern ones tone of voice half the time lol. Also thats nice too hear.

Now back to struggling on how to texture my fan star trek fed ship design lol.

But yeah keep up the good work anyways, better polished than rushed.

• Like 6

The delay isn't too surprising since that's the nature of the current times. The devs have been pretty good about listening to feedback and pushing updates, and I hope to continue to see that. I am honestly okay if the campaign is pushed back more to have it be more fully fleshed out at release rather than be rushed and half finished. It would be nice to see saving in custom battles and the ability to design different ships and enemy ships as well. Currently I would personally put that above the campaign even in my wishlist. 

• Like 1