Game-Labs Forum

Timber stats for next week patch

On 7/17/2020 at 5:17 AM, admin said:

due to issues on another project this hotfix with timber changes was unfortunately delayed. We plan to give it out asap (hopefully within 1-2 days (maybe on weekend or monday)

the final updated table will be posted tomorrow.

update on the patch?

11 hours ago, ChineseBatman said:

Can’t remember a single occasion you @admin have kept to a deadline. Months now waiting for woods to be finalised. Months now there has been people leaving the game due to the unprofessional behaviour, uncertainty of anything in the game. Why bother crafting ships that are going to potentially be useless the next day? Sort it out and fast! In my company or any credible company you would of been sacked years ago. 

He does not live in china

he is boss and cant fire himself that would be very odd for the rest of the crew .(and us NA players)

Edited by Thonys

11 hours ago, ChineseBatman said:

Can’t remember a single occasion you @admin have kept to a deadline. Months now waiting for woods to be finalised. Months now there has been people leaving the game due to the unprofessional behaviour, uncertainty of anything in the game. Why bother crafting ships that are going to potentially be useless the next day? Sort it out and fast! In my company or any credible company you would of been sacked years ago. 

Who the hello kitty are you again?

5 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Who the hello kitty are you again?

Who am I 😂 Let me ask you in turn a irrelevant question, since you asked me one.
Who are you? Although no one cares so don’t bother answering.

My point still stands, Admins dealing of introducing patches and holding to deadlines has been a shambles. Undeniably the game needs stability, something we have not had for months now, and the server population is really showing that. 

Edited by ChineseBatman

57 minutes ago, admin said:

timber stats updated... These are more or less final
Teaks - resistance (But brittle)
Oaks - HP/Structure
Frame woods - heavy strong and slow
Light timbers - speedy

Thanks for the stats.

Looks quite balanced. I especially like the Locust-Live Oak tradeoffs with Live Oak being slightly better in Thickness while Locust is slightly better in HP.
I'm only not sure if Locust should not have the same speed value as Live Oak. With Locust being slower and having lower thickness i assume most people will prefer Live Oak...

I also like that every Planking has a positive Speed Bonus, so it will always be better speed-wise to have a Planking instead of Crew space.

I'm not sure about the Mahogany-Teak Interaction for Plankings though. Is it intended that both woods are nearly the same with Mahogany having a 0.1% speed bonus and Teak a 1.3% Thickness (1.2 for Seasoned Wood) Bonus? All other values are the same except for splinter resistance and repair time which are slightly better for Mahogany...
I've honestly never really used Mahogany or Mahogany S, so i don't know how it compares, but i feel they are really similar now, maybe too similar (for Frames they are quite close as well).

1 hour ago, admin said:

Teaks - resistance (But brittle)
Oaks - HP/Structure
Frame woods - heavy strong and slow
Light timbers - speedy

BTW - Speed bonuses of Frame and Planking of each Wood (except Framewoods) are the same (e.g Fir Frame and Fir Planking are both +4.5% Speed). Same with Acceleration.
Was that intended?

34 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

BTW - Speed bonuses of Frame and Planking of each Wood (except Framewoods) are the same (e.g Fir Frame and Fir Planking are both +4.5% Speed). Same with Acceleration.
Was that intended?

we tried multiple options back and forth (my hand hurts) but this one works best as it does not give unbalanced options.

For example if some strong wood has a speed penalty - if a speed penalty on planking is smaller than on frame people will pick planking for the strong bonus and will choose another frame. We will see if this is a good way over time by buffing underused woods.

There might be some changes in the future in stats BUT the relative balance from now on will remain the same. for example riga fir will always be faster than fir(s) (the difference maybe bigger or smaller) but relative balance will always remain. We will try hard to keep it the same no matter what. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mormegil said:

Thanks for the stats.

Looks quite balanced. I especially like the Locust-Live Oak tradeoffs with Live Oak being slightly better in Thickness while Locust is slightly better in HP.
I'm only not sure if Locust should not have the same speed value as Live Oak. With Locust being slower and having lower thickness i assume most people will prefer Live Oak...

I also like that every Planking has a positive Speed Bonus, so it will always be better speed-wise to have a Planking instead of Crew space.

I'm not sure about the Mahogany-Teak Interaction for Plankings though. Is it intended that both woods are nearly the same with Mahogany having a 0.1% speed bonus and Teak a 1.3% Thickness (1.2 for Seasoned Wood) Bonus? All other values are the same except for splinter resistance and repair time which are slightly better for Mahogany...
I've honestly never really used Mahogany or Mahogany S, so i don't know how it compares, but i feel they are really similar now, maybe too similar (for Frames they are quite close as well).

i will check

8 minutes ago, Botq said:

The difference in hp between teak and white planking is way too big imo

3% thickness on frame difference

6% total between teak vs white oak

will think about it. 

• Like 1

Just an idea- but during the age of sail- men did not like to sail on ships made of teak- due to the increased chance of infection from teak splinters during battles-And the higher mortality rates. It would be interesting to have teak ships negatively affect crew morale.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sparkydog said:

Just an idea- but during the age of sail- men did not like to sail on ships made of teak- due to the increased chance of infection from teak splinters during battles-And the higher mortality rates. It would be interesting to have teak ships negatively affect crew morale.

that's the perfect solution. You have found the perfect solution.
wanna know how I know it's perfect? because it is. That's how.
simply genius, air tight justification to tastefully nerf teak.

that's an art. you have made art in your post.
I commend you sir, well done.

Edited by Slim McSauce

21 hours ago, admin said:

Awesome, that looks really promising!

20 hours ago, Mormegil said:

I think so as well, so i would simply give the whole Locust/Locust(S)/Greenheart branch like +1-2% in thickness to better compete with the Live Oak/Live Oak(S)/African Oak branch, as i think the thickness AND speed tradeoff is not quite compensated enough by 5% more HP

Edit: After learning that Live Oak is now 1000 reals per log vs 500 for Locust, i guess its fine that Locus lacks behind Live Oak in general

Edited by Lizzo

If i'm not wrong , the hull repair time now depend from the wood..so why not also add the time, a countdown, for the ship building?

In this way rare first rate will be very long to craft and they will become more precious..on the other side unusual common woods could be used to build in less time.

Same thing about the rate of a ship, a frigate could be crafted in half time respect a 1 rate and so on 

o7

• Like 1

So both Locust and white Oak are next to useless, and poor comparisons to using Live OakS/ SabiciS PB ships. Good job on rendering both WO/Lucust useless... 

Also the speed nerfs are too much. 

Seasoned teak/teak Endymion for example vs a teak/wo one.

TeakS/teakS only goes .1 faster yet loses 15% HP and has significantly weaker masts 😂 this is retarded. Either give it .3-.4 more speed or narrow the huge gap of HP.

Truly believe this woods fiasco may be the final nail in NA’s coffin ⚰️ 
How to mess up and make woods even worse. Game plan. Hand it over to a professional in the f*** up industry. NA’s Dev is the Buffoon for the job!

Edited by ChineseBatman
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, admin said:

we tried multiple options back and forth (my hand hurts) but this one works best as it does not give unbalanced options.

This statement was hypocritical to say the least, as there is a lot of unbalance, I’ve already given one between teak/teak & teak/wo, but also begged the question of why Admins hand was hurting. Since it evidently wasn’t from doing a good job of balancing woods, must have been from stroking the Bratwurst 😂 while letting the Euro millions balls generator create the stats for woods at random 🤦‍♂️  

Edited by ChineseBatman
  • Like 2

30mill + for a Santi now, not even seasoned ahahahahaaa. Good job admin. Good way for new players to get into the game. Even the ruski Zerg and swedes will struggle with these tragic changes, let alone the weaker nations that yet again are being f***ed over by this garbage. Trade resources and other means of making money had better increase by 500-600% to match these wild erratic prices for crafting resources. This patch is one of the most tragic patches I’ve ever seen. 😂

Edited by ChineseBatman
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChineseBatman said:

30mill + for a Santi now, not even seasoned ahahahahaaa. Good job admin. Good way for new players to get into the game. Even the ruski Zerg and swedes will struggle with these tragic changes, let alone the weaker nations that yet again are being f***ed over by this garbage. Trade resources and other means of making money had better increase by 500-600% to match these wild erratic prices for crafting resources. This patch is one of the most tragic patches I’ve ever seen. 😂

I like the fact that decent 1st rates will get much more expensive, as historically they were very rare as well. If you can't afford crafting one, you can still use NPC capped 1st rates. That pushes players to go with weaker 1st rates more often and hopefully makes sailing smaller ships more attractive. New players shouldn't be able to sail 1st rates so quickly anyways (yes, i don't like vic DLC either).