Game-Labs Forum

Battle of Bunker Hill

After the last update the battle of Bunker Hill got way to hard in the USA campaign easy mode. The British now have more guns and better troops. I know I chose land and sea but it like its set to hard. I submitted a report but wanted to say something here. FIY I tried the campaign several times, same thing.

The main problem I see with Bunker Hill recently is ally units that retreat go forward to enemy lines and ships. I seem to wonder why a unit can't go backwards but instead they go forward right to the shore where the ships blast them into nothing. Many units do that, when they waver they run into the mouth of the enemy. When I make a defensive line you would think most of the time a unit that wavers and wants to retreat you would think they would just drop backwards and be safe but instead they run forward to the ships or to the full line of the enemy and get destroyed. The path the units take for a retreat in this battle is broken in some way. We should mostly have our units retreat to our lines.  I mean try to think of a checkers board, each of us start out with half of the board and we face off so what I mean is if the enemy is in front of us, it's makes no sense for a unit to retreat forward. Not all units do it but when 5 or more units do that and I lose the use of around 600 infantry because of that retreat mechanic it makes the battle impossible to win. You have British ships that pound you, cannons that pound you and large British units that are supermen. That would be all fine to me as long as most of my units could retreat backwards. You have no idea what it looks like to see a 200 strong infantry unit retreat forward to the main British fleet and get blown into nothing. Other land battles are so much fun but this one because of the way it is set up the path they take for retreat makes no sense. Great game but for me The Escape is the way to go, no Bunker Hill for me anymore.

I noticed that too. Also my problem is now fixed or somehow I had been choosing the wrong land difficulty setting. I tried a new USA campaign today and it played right. However there is now no option for difficulty for each battle. But that may be a result of my choses. Anyway thanks for your reply. A new game that's still being developed is always had to learn in just a few days.😁

I will never play Bunker Hill ever again until they fix retreating ally units and stop them from retreating forward to the enemy ships. I lose many units that way when all they had to do was go backwards instead of retreating forward. In UGCW and in this UAAOS you never made a game mechanic action that allows us to control a retreating unit so we could direct that unit to a specific spot on the map. That would allow us to save a unit from doing something stupid. I am not asking for total access to the retreating unit all I am saying is at least give us a move order to point them in the correct direction where they can safely retreat to. In other land battles one unit might do something stupid but in this battle due to the hill shape and getting hit from three sides makes retreating units problematic in the direction that they seem to take most of the time.