Game-Labs Forum

UA:Dreadnought question/concern/feedback

Bussaca

So I buy into a game, when I see a product that has potential. I see that the developer has quite a bit of work in it's past so this isn't their first stab at something..

I followed all the Youtubers, I watched everything.. I'm 40 and have played almost every naval strat game from SSI days-till now. "Dreadnoughts" was the NEW HOTNESS...

Once the hype was over and the initial fervor was over.. It seems everyone here or on YT is having "fun" with whatever SUPER-DUPER ultra, never existed fantasy wet dream they can manage to cobble together and smite the AI... and that's where I'm finding that this game is ankle deep... sigh.. I was hoping for a bit more depth.

I know it's still being worked on.. and I will continue to play as they update.. but it's sad when you can't even build a real ship. not trying to cheese the system.. just build an ACTUAL ship that existed is NOT possible.

So here is my challenge if you can prove me wrong. Build a Cruiser the matches this ACTUAL vessel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_cruiser_Akitsushima

You can't. You can't place the armament, you can't put the armor, you definitely cant put the engine type it actually had in that year it existed.. because in game 3-expansion isn't available until 1895.

You can't build vessels that actually existed.. If this is a "game balance" issue, I think the dev needs to go back to the drawing board. because if you can't do the one thing you set out to do...what was the point.

It's like this game named itself DREADNOUGHTS and decided to focus on everything but..

Please someone make me a dreadnought...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Newark_(C-1)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Texas_(1892)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_battleship_Petropavlovsk_(1911)

and don't get me started on why we can't actually build french hotels..err dreadnoughts..

Well I got that out of my system..whew.

now the backlash... I brace myself...

I wait for the day when I can actually place my guns and stacks and towers NOT on A Predefined GRID. but where they actually went..

I really do appreciate this game.. but if I wanted to play "world of warships" i can.....and I don't.

and a campaign, that'd be nice too.

Bu

• Like 1

Yes, we know. Reading the threads already here would give you the impression that peeps already want to make historical ships including myself. And these problems are already known hense why the forums are dead atm, due to lack of communication and the devs working on the campaign and every point already being discussed to death.

I'd also wish people would drop this pointless hostility towards non-historical designs its just pathetic at this point. Let people design what they wish i could careless if it makes you mad, just pointless aggression for something so trivial.

Yes theres a lot of problems atm both, small and large but this stuff takes time nonetheless with a 3 man team.

Eitherway if they don't add this stuff by open beta then r.i.p game i guess.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cptbarney said:

Yes, we know. Reading the threads already here would give you the impression that peeps already want to make historical ships including myself. And these problems are already known hense why the forums are dead atm, due to lack of communication and the devs working on the campaign and every point already being discussed to death.

I'd also wish people would drop this pointless hostility towards non-historical designs its just pathetic at this point. Let people design what they wish i could careless if it makes you mad, just pointless aggression for something so trivial.

Yes theres a lot of problems atm both, small and large but this stuff takes time nonetheless with a 3 man team.

Eitherway if they don't add this stuff by open beta then r.i.p game i guess.

Damn Barney I've never seen you solumn? Serious? IDK the word but it ain't usual Barney posting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobRoss0902 said:

Damn Barney I've never seen you solumn? Serious? IDK the word but it ain't usual Barney posting.

Heh. I was just annoyed at the OP's sentence being negative about non-historical designs in-general, people need to realise that this sort of thing will be in the game, but obviously have options for historical ships (which i want to make liek california, kawachi, fuso, la galissonaire, and various other ships), Plus doing my fan design star trek ship is driving me up the sodding wall in terms of doing all the windows 😕

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BobRoss0902 said:

Well OP is complaining about a game in alpha not having content, which is kinda like going to Ihop in the morning for a burgher. The campaign is going to be the main focus of the game, and is most likely the devs top concern, so it's likely that even though there are numerous issues, they are entirely irrelevant until we can get the the campaign in. Balance, quality of life, bug fixes, ship builder improvements, the damage model which we've hounded them over. None of that matters if the campaign isn't around.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Bussaca said:

I know it's still being worked on.. and I will continue to play as they update.. but it's sad when you can't even build a real ship. not trying to cheese the system.. just build an ACTUAL ship that existed is NOT possible.

You can build ships that are close enough and for several months, the team added hulls, superstructures and guns that look like the ship X of the nation Y. While It is true you cannot build the ships that existed with all their local quirks like faulty ammunitions, no torpedo protection near the rudder, subpar steel, bigger machinery than her sister, 100mm plating right above the wine reserves and so on. I don't think the game was advertised like that and I don't think it is headed that way.

I understand the rant even if I disagree with it and find it trivial at this stage of development but the final comparison with World of Warships is a bit strange. It's a "third person" arcade multiplayer game about historical ship and ship design with a lot of liberty taken regarding specs and naval operation in general. Even if Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnought is not (and will not be) a simulation, it is a solo strategy game about designing the ships of a nation and make shell holes in the other nations hulls.

• Like 2

OP, are you referring to Custom Battles? I ask because other than the Hood and Bismarck academy missions, this is where you would build historical ships and recreate historical battles.

If that’s the case then yes, at the moment the ‘perfection’ for historical recreation is limited.

And henceforth is why Custom Battles is so important.

But as the saying goes, “in baby steps”…. meaning it’s going to take a while! proposals for specific ships is queued up for as long as time itself!  

Personaly, I am creative person and I need creativity. This game is a great opportunity for me to design what I want (ship of course). I want to design historical and non historical ships. At the moment it is almost impossible to design historical ships. I always mention that, yes the game is in alpha and yes the campaign is the most important. But don't forget that if this game will be available on steam without campaign, without more variety to design your warships than lots of people will dislike it. And I don't want this, We don't want this. This game deserves better reviews. So I hope that everything will be all right, but at the moment the silence in this forum is real, and from the dev team too. We need communication. We need feedback from the devs, We need information how the work is going. 

• Like 3

On 7/10/2020 at 11:36 AM, Marshall99 said:

Personaly, I am creative person and I need creativity. This game is a great opportunity for me to design what I want (ship of course). I want to design historical and non historical ships. At the moment it is almost impossible to design historical ships. I always mention that, yes the game is in alpha and yes the campaign is the most important. But don't forget that if this game will be available on steam without campaign, without more variety to design your warships than lots of people will dislike it. And I don't want this, We don't want this. This game deserves better reviews. So I hope that everything will be all right, but at the moment the silence in this forum is real, and from the dev team too. We need communication. We need feedback from the devs, We need information how the work is going. 

Agree it’s pretty quiet.

I play it a little bit but it would need more options on the ship designer. 

I understand the campaign won’t be here anytime soon but playing custom battles in the meantime needs more freedom with ship building.

• Like 3