Game-Labs Forum

Crafting ports/General resources in ports and RvR

Ok i would just like to say this has come from seeing general discussions throughout my time in Naval Action and how the current game is right now.......

This would be a massive change with how the current game is and whats going on right now, so here it is.

I believe that crafting ports should be at the nations Capital with all resources needed also being available to build within that same port. Therefore making it so much easier with outposts.

My reasons -

1. In my opinion RvR is very inactive due to people being terrified of losing there crafting port, no one wants to fight Russia right now basically because they are literally 2/4 ports away from every nations crafting port (this isn't a dig at Russia). yes i understand hostility has changed, but i feel this is one of the main reason. If people only have ships to lose in port battles and not there entire crafting port i feel RvR/WARS will happen more often.

2. Nations being controlled by clans, this is something we here alot currently within the pirate nation. If you dont get on with the port owning clan of the crafting port they take your clan off the friendly list and now your level 3 shipyard is worthless, and as i've heard, people then quit the game, which isnt what we want. 

3. You could literally have two nations agree on a war, winner being the nation who one ports the other nation, maybe even a reward system.

With the crafting port being in the capital people will then ask, whats the point in going for other ports??? This is where we need to spread out the resources needed for upgrades alot better then whats currently implemented, along with these new woods. We shouldn't have ports with more then one resource for upgrades in a port, or woods in the same port. For example, New Orleans - White oak and french sail cloth, Port Au Prince has 2 resource upgrades and im sure there's more, i also want to state these new woods shouldn't be in non capturable ports, these was stated a long time ago and change when the US nation had 4 white oak ports which got removed. Also resources for upgrades shouldn't be in non capturable ports. Basically spread the new woods and resource upgrades out better between all the ports we have, there's so many useless ports.

We currently have a clan leaderboard which with this new crafting port system can be used to divide out the taxes the capital port makes, whether it being the top clan on the leaderboard getting the port taxes or top 3, im sure this is something that can be discussed. Simply having the crafting port at the capital port clan friendlist can solo be used for Port Battles, not impacting crafting.

I understand people will now say, Russia, Prussia, China and Poland dont have capital ports - New Orleans, Vera Cruz, Belize, Trinidad would be my suggestions for capitals. 

Also all investments for shipyards would be giving back to players/clan in the redeemable section 

I'm sure there will be plenty of opinions on this, but from what i've seen people are already scared to lose ships, even with the DLC'S now in the game making it so much easier to get ships, and with the loss of crafting ports i really dont ever see people fully committing to RvR due to the risk of losing there crafting port/ports.

Finally i know this would be a completely different step for the game but in the long run i could see this having a great impact. 

• Like 22

i agree 100%

i had to take a quick break from NA for some r/l stuff and tbh i don't feel any motivation to return until they sort out the current fiasco of imbalanced distribution of special woods - i want to play a period action pvp game where the ships i sail/build are competitive (i don't mind them being a gold/labor hour sink) and not some weird auction sniping game to pay overinflated prices for special woods that the alts from the richest nations swoop in and gobble up

Edited by Salty Banana
  • Like 2

Port bonuses was a mistake.  Fine Woods 2.0 and 3.0 was another mistake.  These new enhanced port bonuse are perhaps the biggest mistake of them all.  

The fact that a new player who is working on crafting and building ships can only craft basic non-port bonus ships in a capital port amazes me.  For that player to craft anything on par or better than what he could redeem with a DLC he/she would need to join a clan or get on a friendslist.  This is a mindbogglingly poor decision and probably one of the reasons why new player retention is abysmal.  

All apsects of crafting are tied to RVR in this game and yet the price of admission is so high to enter RVR that one needs to be in a zerg to do it.  The dwindling player population is a result of the sheer amount of time needed prep the logistics of RVR is crazy and the winner take all design of the game also means that a clan/nation can lose weeks of work in the span of a day or 2.  The goal of RVR should be to take ports.  Not remove a nation's ability to compete in port battles entirely  Being in an "imposible" nation means nothing now if all the other ones are required to craft and build up player owned ports too.  Just seems absurd.  

Once we saw what the new changes were going to be a couple weeks ago I think we just collectively as a clan said screw it.  NA is fun, but the juice just ain't worth the squeeze right now.    

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 14

8 hours ago, Mannow said:

Not true, its very easy if you're in a zerg, but not impossible. France/Sweden are doing alright. 

Sweden yes.  Swedes also lost their 55pt port, though how much that matters right now I'm not sure.  France is basically being allowed to craft because Russia didn't feel like taking Bridgetown.  The same could be said by a few nations I think.  

The fact that weeks of work on a port can be lost in a couple of days is not a very good motivator to want to improve said port.      The clan that owns the port can straight up decide to remove a clan from the list regardless of what that clans contributions might have been.  The whole system overall is just poorly designed and not ideal for sustained and repeat gameplay. 

A system like hammy proposes above where each clan builds up in capital ports and creates some sort of community dockyard that their friends list can access is I think the better approach.  Regular nations build up in the capital but have to haul in woods from player owned ports.  Impossible nations build up player owned ports and the special woods....but have to run the risk of losing those investments.  Seems like a happy balance.  

Overall the type of environment this game SHOULD create is maximizing the amount of battle content each player can experience.  Easier to produce ships with easier to produce mods so one can get back into the action quickly   OR  like we had in the old days ship durabilities on harder to produce ships and mods.    

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

A system like hammy proposes above where each clan builds up in capital ports and creates some sort of community dockyard that their friends list can access is I think the better approach.  Regular nations build up in the capital but have to haul in woods from player owned ports.  Impossible nations build up player owned ports and the special woods....but have to run the risk of losing those investments.  Seems like a happy balance.  

Each clan builds a port bonus thing for their own clan, that other can join if they are allowed, seems much better that a preset of portbonuses in capital port.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Now with tier three woods being dropped at only key locations, this matters more now than ever.

Clan friends lists are idiotic and are gamed by alts from enemy nations... how do the devs stop this BS? Hammy's ideas would help a lot.

Not to mention, if you want to join RvR or even a flag placement conquest you have to be in the clan's friend list. WTF? Shouldn't anyone in the nation be allowed to ASK to join any national port happening they wish???

Of course, there needs to be discernment on who gets to join PBs and stuff, hence the idea of ASKING to join. Whoever holds the flag can accept or deny.

• Like 1

A Capital suggestion! (see what I did there??) :) 

10/10 -- would upvote again. Although I think I'd want high-tier wood access to be spread out across the map and regionally restricted along with the upgrade resources, similar to what we have now.

Regardless of the finer differences of opinion, this is a good one one Hammy. Nice.

Edited by Captain TShirt

Great suggestion, I hope it doesn't fall onto deaf ears. 

I would love to see every nation being able to jump into RvR without having the fear of losing their crafting ports or everything they've worked to build up. 

Edited by Never

• 1 month later...

Simplify, simplify, simplify. The Grind is waaaaay too long, and upgrades/bonuses too 'exclusive'. That's the problem. To get a competitive ship takes a HUGE number of hours of play, which could be lost in battle in minutes. Players rage quit over this, and new players look at the steep climb and go find another game.

I asked the devs about this months ago. They said they didn't care if a player only stayed for 2 weeks! Everything I needed to know...