Game-Labs Forum
Andi421

Kills are not counted to PvP missions

Posted (edited)

I just had a fight against a DLC vic, boarded and sank him - kill is not shown on killfeed but in the Battle (screenshot) and in the "stats after fight".

I had that problem several times now.. its annoying doing 15 kills for a 10 kills mission20200629104306_1.thumb.jpg.8fa1af503a868ec7da07e7aa6f78955a.jpg

20200629105138_1.jpg

Edited by Andi421
rewriting

During the weekend I was finishing a Light Ships event. I noticed that kills were not showing up in the leaderboard list until a few (maybe 10 or 15) minutes later. One did not show up, although I assumed that because it was a Loki, maybe it didn't count. @admin was that a bug?

This is not a bug and was investigated before. In all such reports before (100% of reports) players were just sinking people who they sank before (even long time before). 

PVP Hunts and all other player related missions are tracked by Steam ID, and you must find new targets to complete a quest.
We are 99% sure that one of your targets was sank before by you and 1% does not justify allocating time to recheck again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, admin said:

This is not a bug and was investigated before. In all cases people were just killing people who they killed before (even long time before)
PVP Hunts are tracked by Steam ID, and you must find new targets to complete a quest.

That's why we need some sort of Captain's log to track killings

14 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

The quest log accurately counts the kills and assists of unique STEAM IDs which are used to avoid exploits (farming by killing the same player over and over again)

We have these logs with names and steam IDs but have no plans to shot them to players due to performance issues and their lack of usefulness for players (name can be changed). But if you really want this list  of kills you can post this into proposal section and if highly voted we will consider doing it or will reply in detail why we wont consider doing so

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

I use pencil and paper for this :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, admin said:

The quest log accurately counts the kills and assists of unique STEAM IDs which are used to avoid exploits (farming by killing the same player over and over again)

But it isn't seen by player

8 minutes ago, admin said:

We have these logs with names and steam IDs but have no plans to shot them to players due to performance issues and their lack of usefulness for players. But if you really want this list  of kills you can post this into proposal section and if highly voted we will consider doing it or will reply in detail why we wont consider doing so

Here we have very similar proposal already and well upvoted also

9 minutes ago, admin said:

We have these logs with names and steam IDs but have no plans to shot them to players due to performance issues and their lack of usefulness for players (name can be changed). But if you really want this list  of kills you can post this into proposal section and if highly voted we will consider doing it or will reply in detail why we wont consider doing so

I would prefer to get ability to save the daily log (even with all trading activities) when exiting the game or inside. Just with this text file, it should be easy to build a "captain log" in Excel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, admin said:

This is not a bug and was investigated before. In all such reports before (100% of reports) players were just sinking people who they sank before (even long time before). 

PVP Hunts and all other player related missions are tracked by Steam ID, and you must find new targets to complete a quest.
We are 99% sure that one of your targets was sank before by you and 1% does not justify allocating time to recheck again. 

I understand that previously-sunk players do not count. Does this hold if the sunken player was in battle through a Loki rune? This is the case I pointed out. I'd just like to be sure if this is the expected behaviour and I was simply unaware.
Moreover, I think the captain's log is a nice idea. I like the option to simply export, and then we can do whatever we need with it.
It would be nice to know as well what is the cooldown for sinking the same player. @admin points out that one may have sunken the same guy "even a long time before". How long is that? Days? Weeks? 

2 hours ago, admin said:

@admin  Ahhhhhh thank you very much, i didn't know that it has to be 10 different people. So if i killed him ONCE in that PvP mission, he wont count anymore.

But why wasnt he shown as killed in the combat-news chat and also didnt gave me any points for the leaderboard?

Thank you for the fast reply!

Sometimes it happens that we have a small fleet battle close to a port. Some player get sunk and then come back right away to fight again in a revenge fleet.

Sad part is that if we kill him again it doesn't count...

46 minutes ago, Daxav said:

I understand that previously-sunk players do not count. Does this hold if the sunken player was in battle through a Loki rune? This is the case I pointed out. I'd just like to be sure if this is the expected behaviour and I was simply unaware.

Sunken Loki player doesn't count to any PvP missions, as well as player sunk by you in Loki form

48 minutes ago, Daxav said:

It would be nice to know as well what is the cooldown for sinking the same player. @admin points out that one may have sunken the same guy "even a long time before". How long is that? Days? Weeks? 

Forever as mission logs tied to Steam ID. However after mission completion all cooldowns for this mission renew.

6 minutes ago, Andi421 said:

But why wasnt he shown as killed in the combat-news chat and also didnt gave me any points for the leaderboard?

He does, but for each PvP mission he counts only once, so you can sink the same player in 6th rate, 5th rate and 3rd ship (in any given period of time) and he will count for each of PvP mission (provided you didn't sink him earlier), though only once for each. 

2 hours ago, Aquillas said:

I would prefer to get ability to save the daily log (even with all trading activities) when exiting the game or inside. Just with this text file, it should be easy to build a "captain log" in Excel.

Or if this logs can be found on you device in game folders.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

Sunken Loki player doesn't count to any PvP missions, as well as player sunk by you in Loki form

@Malcolm3 thanks for pointing this out. The key of the case I brought forward is that it was NOT a PvP mission but a Light Ships events (every kill counts, as it states). Which means, I still don't understand why the sunken Loki did not count. Surely I am missing something @admin ?  Not a big deal, but would be nice to know. I still prefer the XP from the Loki!
It is also good to know that the cooldowns are tied to the mission, not the sunken player.  

I noticed another issue - combat news sometimes doesn't show the kill but does credit you for it in the mission journal.  Not a big deal really but still odd.

I had the same issue this weekend, I sank a player twice and got only one kill listed in missions. 

I thought that players without the "X" mark are valid targets and will count.

@admin can you please give those players some tag, so we can see which one is worth fighting?