Game-Labs Forum

Guns and how to get them

Hey everyone,

i want to unlock the french Re-bored guns in the british campaign.

How on earth do i do this - what do i need to research to be able to get some of those guns?

@sterner: Is it possible to implement something like a visual techtree into the game, which shows everyone at first glance which requirements are to be fullfilled to be able to research certain things?

That would be really nice imo!
Right now it's just try and error - load a savegame and repeat. That isn't convinient at all imo.

Edited by Navalus Magnus

• 5 weeks later...

A pity noone knows how to get the French Re-Bored! 😉

Anyway, @sterner:

Speaking of French Re-Bored: The 42pd and 32pd do have the same weight and reload, range and accuracy values - at least in custom battles.

That must be a bug, isn’t it!?

I‘d think the 32pd to have a faster reload and lighter weight than the 42pd surely!?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 12:28 AM, Navalus Magnus said:

Anyway, @sterner:

Speaking of French Re-Bored: The 42pd and 32pd do have the same weight and reload, range and accuracy values - at least in custom battles.

I‘d think the 32pd to have a faster reload and lighter weight than the 42pd surely!?

@sterner

Checked again today after downloading the latest update: It‘s still the same, please fix it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 7:32 AM, Seleukos of Olympia said:

I believe when you click on a tech you can't yet research it highlights the tech you need to unlock it. That's how I found out how to get French re-bored guns.

As far as i can tell, this just works If you‘ve already unlockt that certain stage of research - in case of the french re-bored stage 3.

@sternerImo this is rather inconvinient, because you can‘t see what you need to research in advance, to finally unlock for example the french re-bored. Thus you might end up having invested multiple research points in vain.

It would be cool if this was changed imo!

You could make the needed research for higher stage upgrades visible, even if the stage hadn’t been unlocked yet.

Edited by Navalus Magnus

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 12:28 AM, Navalus Magnus said:

@sterner
Checked it again, it’s still the same, waiting to get fixed.

Edited by Navalus Magnus

• 1 month later...

Btw, isnt 18.century way too early for Gunnades? they were introduced in 1820, yet in game, they are available way too early in British campaign, making other guns practically pointless, as they cannot compete per weight or accuracy, while their deficiencies are not that important... If anything, these should be very late tech, and quite costly...