Game-Labs Forum

Epic Trade Run

Anolytic

In the course of the past two days, rumours have spread in the Caribbean of sightings of a large treasure fleet or convoy journeying from one edge of the map to another. 

Here's some footage of the huge fleet along its journey:

unknown.png

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

In the course of the past two days, rumours have spread in the Caribbean of sightings of a large treasure fleet or convoy journeying from one edge of the map to another. 

Here's some footage of the huge fleet along its journey:

unknown.png

When anolytic connect all is alt at the same time ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, kapteinsnabeltann said:

I dont know why we should support the us of alts in this game.

its nothing to brag about is it ?

I don't think anyone is braging about the current state of their real life...😉

Edited by Kejsaren

wow man , excellent work . nice video , really gets you into the grove and mood to play the game.

2 things to the alt discussion

1. all the same nation is cool and no harm done

2. if those are all alts then sir , i got to bow and tip my hat to you sir for supporting NA in a generous way.

and again awesome video man 👍

• Like 1

I do not see what is so epic about the trade run apart from if the whole fleet were alts. It says from one edge of the map to the other and indicates that one of the ports was Saint Georges town in Bermuda, but does not say where the final destination was. If the final destination was somewhere like Vera Cruz, then it would be epic as you would have sailed through some regularly sailed waters and run a high chance of interception. But if it was to somewhere like El Toco then the chances of being spotted are quite remote if you hug the Eastern map border all the way down.

Anyway nice video and music, but it would have been epic to see you sailing through the Mona straits or past Cap Francis on your way to the destination not just out of sight of land.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Archaos said:

I do not see what is so epic about the trade run apart from if the whole fleet were alts. It says from one edge of the map to the other and indicates that one of the ports was Saint Georges town in Bermuda, but does not say where the final destination was. If the final destination was somewhere like Vera Cruz, then it would be epic as you would have sailed through some regularly sailed waters and run a high chance of interception. But if it was to somewhere like El Toco then the chances of being spotted are quite remote if you hug the Eastern map border all the way down.

Anyway nice video and music, but it would have been epic to see you sailing through the Mona straits or past Cap Francis on your way to the destination not just out of sight of land.

It was from Vera to Saint George's an back. Won't go too much into details, but figured I would add point A to point B for context.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Redman29 said:

It was from Vera to Saint George's an back. Won't go too much into details, but figured I would add point A to point B for context.

Just remember to let everyone know when you sail next time beforehand.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Drugie said:

Just remember to let everyone know when you sail next time beforehand.

If you want to sink this fleet alone, then only ships with a BR over 762 (first rates) can attack 25 Indiamans/
Not sure that these ships will have enough speed. :D

correct me if I wrong

1 hour ago, qw569😳 said:

If you want to sink this fleet alone, then only ships with a BR over 762 (first rates) can attack 25 Indiamans/
Not sure that these ships will have enough speed. :D

correct me if I wrong

yeah IMO dynamic BR has been overlooked for to long, what cannons you have, upgrades etc should matter on the BR. For instance if anolytic would sail without cannons his ships would be more or less useless, hence reducing BR drastically

Edited by SeaBrig
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 12:58 PM, BoomBox said:

wow man , excellent work . nice video , really gets you into the grove and mood to play the game.

2 things to the alt discussion

1. all the same nation is cool and no harm done

2. if those are all alts then sir , i got to bow and tip my hat to you sir for supporting NA in a generous way.

and again awesome video man 👍

I think before the summer steam sale did the math and not counting the 1st rate DLC it's about 250 for DLC's and add another 40-50 bucks for the game.   When I did the actual math for myself and teh alts I have it's about 1200 bucks and I only have 6 but only play 3 chars all in Dutch nation and the one Pirate I take out once in a while when I'm bored and want to solo hunt.

A lot of us bought our extra chars back when it was more usefull with how trade and crafting was and the fact you could make good money of comp wood and Tabasco runs.  As I explain to folks I'm not doing something that a group of well organized players can do so I'm basicly a mini clan that is very organized.   There is no P2W cause it doesn't give me any advantage over any other clans of equal or larger size.

On 6/27/2020 at 4:22 PM, PG Monkey said:

alts in the same nation are just another player

the truth.

( even if they give a slight edge and not used for anti-nation activities )

cross nation alts promotes polluted waters. shame shame on you that do it.

44 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

cross nation alts promotes polluted waters. shame shame on you that do it.

This is way off topic, but since you bring it up: Spying is explicitly allowed by the game developers, even implicitly encouraged in the past.

Economic warfare and spying by alts is allowed. Remember that lose lips can lose ships.

On 4/27/2018 at 11:47 AM, admin said:

in 99% of cases alts are silent spies or even if they admit that they are alts they do not break steam rules and game rules (because spying, talking to the enemy, reporting his positions and plans and economic wars is an integral part of warfare and is allowed)

Repeated message

National chat IS NOT SAFE and can be read by spies!

On 4/8/2016 at 11:15 AM, admin said:

If you are a spy - stay silent.

Moreover, at this point economic alts in other nations is practically a forced mechanic given that so many vital resources are available in some nations, but not obtainable at all in others.

• Like 2

I know all of that :)

Still think it is "gaming the game" instead of appreciating the game for what it is. Plus it adds a lot to the "alt paranoia" that some seem to suffer from...

I remember bumping into your fleet long ago near Maracaibo. You were still dane iirc. Is a great sight.

Edited by Hethwill
  • Like 2