Game-Labs Forum

More communication is needed.

BobRoss0902

Just now, Shaftoe said:

Yeah, and I am telling you why you're not investors. Lol. 

It's just that.

In a strictly legal sense, yes. May the lord smite me for using the word. You're right though - it might cause confusion. I shall change it immediately. As I said: In the field of economics, you might be an investor, even though you are not - legally.

1 hour ago, Bilderberger said:

In a strictly legal sense, yes. May the lord smite me for using the word. You're right though - it might cause confusion. I shall change it immediately. As I said: In the field of economics, you might be an investor, even though you are not - legally.

That's better. I believe we can do without smiting you... this time. Lol.

On 6/28/2020 at 6:00 AM, Joryl said:

Personally I would rather have them work on the game then constant chatter.  This game has so much potential it fixes my P.T.O 2 itch.

Holy carp!  Someone else who remembers PTO2!!!!  (high-five)

• Like 1

I think that weekly Dev Diaries like Paradox used to do them are a bit much to ask for from a small dev team, but maybe a (bi)-weekly update in bulletin points (eg "fixed three hulls, set naval bases in the Adriatic, tested changes to torpedoes, outlined how to implement more calibers without clogging the game") would do wonders since it gives the community a picture of what's going on without needing hours of work just for an announcement.

• Like 2

Dev team is small, but Game Labs is not - they're working on a bunch of games at the same time. There may be a problem with managing resources somewhere in there...

Meanwhile, take a look at upcoming Sea Power - the dev team, to my knowledge, is 3 people - and they manage basic dev diaries just fine.

I just want to make clear we're not blaming UA:D developers, its not technically their job, but someone up there in the 'chain of command' should take notice and give them a PR person or something.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rak1445 said:

Dev team is small, but Game Labs is not - they're working on a bunch of games at the same time. There may be a problem with managing resources somewhere in there...

Meanwhile, take a look at upcoming Sea Power - the dev team, to my knowledge, is 3 people - and they manage basic dev diaries just fine.

I just want to make clear we're not blaming UA:D developers, its not technically their job, but someone up there in the 'chain of command' should take notice and give them a PR person or something.

Yeah, they should probs hire and intern or someone who does writing and get one or all the dev members to comment on maybe a hull they designed, module/pro they made and why they made it, any features (small or large) etc.

That way the devs can say what they want and the writer records it, writes it up, edits it etc. then posts it here and maybe steam as well.

Unless they plan to do this after steam release.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2020 at 6:51 PM, Shaftoe said:

To hell with forced "dev diaries" and "increased communication". Let the small team do their work. I don't give a flying floating f@#ck about what my pal @Nick Thomadis has to say about some technical gibberish that goes into developing the game. I, like many other people here, only care for results. And I know that the man I mentioned before can deliver. Which is the only thing I am seriously expecting of him, and the team.

That's it. Let people work - don't make them tell you fairy tales instead.

Of course they shouldn’t waste full days discussing back and forth on the forum. But honestly a little communication would help here.

I think a simple weekly blog entry on what is going on would suffice — not more than 15min of work a week 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Of course they shouldn’t waste full days discussing back and forth on the forum. But honestly a little communication would help here.

I think a simple weekly blog entry on what is going on would suffice — not more than 15min of work a week 

Ye, as seen in that seas game it can be as something as showing the process of upcoming props, models, even terrain (especialy since terrain doesn't even take that long anymore thanks to programmes like world machine and it can make some very detailed a realistic heightmaps as well).

But yeah the valve treatment isn't a good way to go, no communication is worse than bad communication or minor communication as it gives the impression to peeps that they don't care or aren't reading feedback of anykind.

Kinda sad the forums are so ded as well ;w;

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Ye, as seen in that seas game it can be as something as showing the process of upcoming props, models, even terrain (especialy since terrain doesn't even take that long anymore thanks to programmes like world machine and it can make some very detailed a realistic heightmaps as well).

But yeah the valve treatment isn't a good way to go, no communication is worse than bad communication or minor communication as it gives the impression to peeps that they don't care or aren't reading feedback of anykind.

Kinda sad the forums are so ded as well ;w;

Yep it’s rather quiet. But to spark more lively discussions would indeed need some input, news, feedbacks etc to discuss. Otherwise any proposals, debates and such feel pretty academic 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Yep it’s rather quiet. But to spark more lively discussions would indeed need some input, news, feedbacks etc to discuss. Otherwise any proposals, debates and such feel pretty academic 

Ye, at least weegee has gone mental with a potential release of kitakami. And questionable yoyos (Unique uPGraDEs).

1 hour ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

I feel that if the DEvs keep they promise of monthly update on the campaign, then discussions could spring alive.

Right now there is little point in discussion "what are you going to do with Nation XY" and so on, when we habe no clue have how the maps works. 

• Like 1

Well I have to agree. Communication is very very important when a game is beeing developed. It would be good to have a small dev announcement every 2 weeks. I love getting information. And personaly I am a bit upset about the delay, but I understand that a good game needs time. 

Edited by Marshall99
  • Like 2

So many people have stop there feedback and so maybe it is down to communication.

One thing I’ve noticed is when there’s no intervention from the team the forum leads itself down the garden path, the result is more people are upset after the fact compared with knowing the facts up front.

Communication, good or unfavorable, will let people know where they stand, better this way.

• Like 4