Game-Labs Forum

Beat to quarters: Port battles return to War Server

admin

9 minutes ago, admin said:

Workers can be hired and ships will be crafted on timers (instead of instaclicks.

In another Clan Only restricted way like Port bonuses and seasoned wood? Port Bonuses and seasoned wood destroyed small and single ship crafters because people only want ships built in certain 1 or 2 ports now, with seasoned wood.

3 minutes ago, Cathal Brugha said:

with seasoned wood.

Seasoned wood is free with some risk. Mindless Clicking buttons in crafted buildings will become MORE AND MORE AND MORE expensive over time.
Cannon Crafting might have progression some day too and that will be based on testing guns in combat - because how else would you know if they are good and learn new tricks in making better cannons.

8 minutes ago, admin said:

30 mln real first rate is more proper than 600k first rate.
Some newcomers come, some stay, those who stay need multiple goals. 600k first rate is not a goal. Those who cannot learn to shoot guns without instructions and cant learn basic controls themselves without chewing little details for them - They are not even sent to open world thanks to new mission design and are cut off at the door. This is a harsh world. Not for everyone.

Thanks for attention.

So it´s better to have a small community which is bored cause of 0 action in open world/too much grind and  nearly dead regions instead of having alot of bad/medium/good players roaming the sea and hold this game alive o.O?

10 minutes ago, admin said:

The empire is on the verge of success. Soon peace and order will be restored throughout the galaxy.

Quite interesting quote, cause after that defeat for Empire followed...
Do you try to give us a hint?

4 minutes ago, admin said:

There is small problem. Probably not one, but the most important
Currently 1st and 2nd rates are the mainstay of PB Fleets and as a result many rich and successful players and powerful clans own large quantities of top quality seasoned ships and/or large quantities of now much more expensive resources to rebuild them if needed. But for new players or small clans, who have not such stockpiles the cost of trying to compete is now much more unbearable - they must either grind, either buy DLC for real money (guess that was intended)
So gap between top nations (currently Russia and Sweden) and other nations increased. Add to this that for experienced players with top modded ships it's much more easier to destroy standard unseasoned fleets (while players in them won't be able to improve their skills being in inferior ships), widening gap between winners and defeated.

Combining with either planned abolishing of screening or hindering it with new Karma system, recent changes heavily tip in favor of top clans, because now you can't counter them with anything.
Or you have you own version of strategy for the weak ones?

• Like 1

So once again admin proves to his players he doesn't actually play his own game, apart from occasionally taking a screenshot to "prove" he plays the game. This entire making the woods more expensive just to produce is shifting the game's pvp to be DLC vs DLC for the most part, and even when it is crafted ship vs DLC, the DLC ship will have the advantage with the seasoned woods. While the crafted ship has better port bonuses, the DLC ship has the seasoned woods, and now with crafted ships being even more expensive to craft, nobody will want to take their crafted ships out except for special occasions. This patch was completely unnecessary as it made it harder, and more expensive to acquire ships, and pushes the DLCs harder and harder. Admin has some far fetched, hairbrained idea of what the game should be like, but in his pursuit of achieving this goal, has driven away more and more of his playerbase. The only reason why his playerbase still exists is because there is no other game like this. I hope that someone creates a game like this so they drive gamelabs to either listen to their players, or go out of business.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, admin said:

You could easily achieve this without changing prices or balance for Woods by simply making it only possible to craft 1st and 2nd rates with seasoned Woods. Rather than changing the base prices of standard woods. 

8 minutes ago, Lord Hartz said:

You should see in game global chat as its even worse than this threat of angry and pissed off players

Thanks for reminding about global chat. I forgot that we planned to removed it based on several players feedback.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

You could easily achieve this without changing prices or balance for Woods by simply making it only possible to craft 1st and 2nd rates with seasoned Woods. Rather than changing the base prices of standard woods. 

We want the power to cost more. 
The 7 day timer to build a first rate is probably not needed (maybe). But a high ticket in achievable reals is a balanced solution. Reals are not hard to get. Sorry but previous price of first 104k and then 300k and then 600k and even 1.5 mln reals is a silly price for 104 gun dps. This is a final view. Its a road that we will stick to.

8 minutes ago, Lord Hartz said:

Several players that do not speak for the majority? Also do not twist my words ever. That was in context of this Hotfix that there are angry and pissed off players because of this hotfix voicing their frustration about what you have done @admin.

Yes we understand. Global is too toxic and needs to be removed. Its better to build national unity. Global for neutrals! 

3 minutes ago, Lord Hartz said:

Also are we forgetting about broken promises that you have made in the past regard DLC ships. 

never say never. people attacked us for 4th rates (which were always promised since 2013 and always planned) we decided that we are free from any promises then.

27 minutes ago, admin said:

Seasoned wood is free with some risk. Mindless Clicking buttons in crafted buildings will become MORE AND MORE AND MORE expensive over time.
Cannon Crafting might have progression some day too and that will be based on testing guns in combat - because how else would you know if they are good and learn new tricks in making better cannons.

Sure it is, but only if you have a group of friends to hit those home fleets with. 
Prime time EST has maybe 200-300 online for me and hardly anyone is up for fleet raids. 

I'm left sailing alone as usual, seeking out LGVs and the odd trader I can raid.
FWIW, my clan of six is down to ONE player now -me.

I wish there was a better way forward.
The grind is too damned high bro.
It just is.

Please revert woods to what they were a month ago. I've got a load of hours into re-building in a different country and now wood is all a high priced mess. I don't even have a seasoning shed.

EDIT: What country/clan are you in? Are you accepting new members? I'd like to join your clan and country if this is going to be like War Thunder. If one group is reported as being OP, you don't waste time and you join that group. 
Then, the field is level.

Edited by DDZ_Vasduten
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Hartz said:

So no more player led diplomacy with other nations? No more being able to speak to everyone in the game freely? 

This is very disappointing. The Tribunal was a hard hitting stroke on player ran diplomacy. now getting rid of global chat will kill it entirely. 

If any letter of message from any enemy or rebel, be conveyed to any officer, mariner, or soldier or other in the fleet, and the said officer, mariner, or soldier, or other as aforesaid, shall not, within twelve hours, having opportunity so to do, acquaint his superior or a commanding officer, or if any superior officer being acquainted therewith, shall not in convenient time reveal the same to the commander in chief of the squadron, every such person so offending, and being convicted thereof by the sentence of the court martial, shall be punished with death, or such other punishment as the nature and degree of the offense shall deserve, and the court martial shall impose.

Admin do you own Gamelabs? It amazes me that you haven't been sacked yet considering your decisions have done nothing but lower the playerbase. Granted you made the game more pay to play than ever so congrats on enriching yourself at the cost of the games health.

1 minute ago, admin said:

If any letter of message from any enemy or rebel, be conveyed to any officer, mariner, or soldier or other in the fleet, and the said officer, mariner, or soldier, or other as aforesaid, shall not, within twelve hours, having opportunity so to do, acquaint his superior or a commanding officer, or if any superior officer being acquainted therewith, shall not in convenient time reveal the same to the commander in chief of the squadron, every such person so offending, and being convicted thereof by the sentence of the court martial, shall be punished with death, or such other punishment as the nature and degree of the offense shall deserve, and the court martial shall impose.

Um, what?

WHAT?????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lord Hartz said:

So can I quote you on that with the Violation of Value EULA to games and their developers?

There is even a video on the internetz. They say we ban (some people on some outside of the game forums) and have DLCs and have more dlcs than before we had launched on steam.

We can do whatever necessary with the game. You can do whatever necessary with valve reporting system. Valve will make the right decision. 

3 minutes ago, DDZ_Vasduten said:

So is any consideration being given to the huge grind this game has become over the last two months??? 

Any relief in sight here?

Or nah

It's all grind, next patch there will probably be a minigame where you have to chop down the trees yourself, mine the stone, coal and iron. The game is all about the grind

• Like 2

Guys, I don't see how insulting is going to make any headway.

Honestly though, for anyone with less than 40h a week to spend in Naval Action grinding out resources, reals and doubloons this game is unfriendly.
You're better off just staying in free ports with your forge, workshop and skipping the rest.

Personally, I am not such a fan of the DLCs that I think this would be an enjoyable experience because everything except the Redoubt and Le Req are not great.

• Like 3