Game-Labs Forum

Beat to quarters: Port battles return to War Server

admin

On 6/25/2020 at 2:03 PM, admin said:

We totally understand that. 
But thats the only way to get the proof that the person placing the flag is not an alt and REALLY worked and risked something in a group.
We do not believe in magical ethical unicorns and prefer pragmatic working solutions. 
Attacking and sinking hard non-negotiating NPCs in risky zones is the only way to 100% guarantee effort (and not using alts)

Maybe Use leaderboard for that?

Give Flag chest for people who get in leaderboard?

Will reduct pve farming for pvp clan, can't be counter by alt cause of you new anti farm systeme + point needed for be on the board?

And will give something good to be on it

3 hours ago, Christendom said:

Auch das Frontsystem verhinderte, dass einige Nationen Nassau angriffen. Da das Frontsystem die Nationen daran hindern wird, einige dieser kleineren Häfen zu nehmen, von denen Sie sprechen. KI-Angreifer müssen sich an das Frontsystem halten, damit dies effektiv ist. Der Verlust eines zufälligen Ports im Golf bedeutet nichts, wenn niemand ihn tatsächlich nehmen kann. Dies setzt voraus, dass die KI natürlich die Frontlinien ignoriert.

Zum Beispiel die KI-Schlacht in Santanillas. Warum sollte sich Schweden die Mühe machen? Niemand sonst konnte den Hafen ziehen.  

In principle, a neutral port invites every player to set up a base there. I do not think that in the long run Russia would welcome privateers to use neutral ports in the Gulf as a base for attacks on Russian shipping. This reason alone, in my opinion, will cause the Russians to conquer the port again as soon as possible.
The same is likely to apply to any port located in the central and safe areas of any nation.

Edited by Georg Fromm

On 6/24/2020 at 11:18 AM, admin said:

Hotfix 2nd July 2020

Raiders on War Server

• Raiders attack undeveloped ports again on the War Server. Raiders pick 2 poorest ports in 2 random regions and try to take them back from players

when you really think that this makes a difference in current gameplay then I would say you are wrong. Or what do you want to achieve with this?

I think nearly nobody will battle against the raiders. They mostly will wait and then take the Port back.

I have completed the final exam today.  I only received 10 hull reps, 10 rig reps, a cerberus note and 100 rum.  That's it?!  No Naval Clock?  No other ships?  The tutorial told me I would get two ships and two "rare items."  

I see that rewards have been reduced, but the tutorial still tell you that you will receive these items, I received almost nothing.  

14 hours ago, Isaac J Smith said:

Wasn't RNG at all. If you went in with a valid strategy, they were quite manageable. AFAIK, not 1 port fell whilst AI raids were on PvP last time - or if there were any, can't have been often as I don't remember them.

Jagua fell because it spawned 6 indias and 19 endys that just ran past the defenders as they killed the indias.

as did one big swedish port as well as Belize. 

Edited by vellnueve

12 hours ago, Lt Sekiro said:

Maybe Use leaderboard for that?

Give Flag chest for people who get in leaderboard?

Will reduct pve farming for pvp clan, can't be counter by alt cause of you new anti farm systeme + point needed for be on the board?

And will give something good to be on it

a successfully defended port-battle could give the owner a flag. or maybe preventing the enemy planting a flag in your own port.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

Raiders attack undeveloped ports again on the War Server. Raiders pick 2 poorest ports in 2 random regions and try to take them back from players

Why random? What if they hit a weak nation? 

They should go after the 3 biggest nations or avoid the 3 nations at the bottom of the ranking.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 7:21 AM, Isaac J Smith said:

Seriously.... now we have to put hello kittying timers for 5000 million reals on every bloody port.

At this point why bother playing...

To be honest, there are some ports that are owned by dead or inactive clans.  Just in Dutch I know of one port owned by a dead clan, but it makes enough to pay it's none timer tax and I know of an alt clan that ownes one of the second most productive port and a few others, but we can't do anything to them cause they haven't allowed other clans to invest or touched them since taking ownership, even after offering to pay for those ports and they aggreed but backed out at the last momentt after payment was gained.   Sorry there needs to be some way to remove dead clans and alt clans from ports.  If it's way behind front lines than you can't just ask some one to come flip them for you.

On 7/2/2020 at 8:13 AM, qw569😳 said:

Puerto Escondido and Port-de-Paix one of the least profitable ports and owner of them is Russian Empire.

[source]

Least profitable ports
Port Revenue
Green Cay -255200
Cabo Cañaveral -255101
La Guanaja -254619
Fort-Dauphin -254400
Port Howe -254000
Deadman's Cay -254000
La Anguila -254000
Puerto Escondido -254000
Port-de-Paix -254000
Aguadilla -254000

That doesn't mean they are the most underdeveloped.  As they are ports that need timers to keep from being randomly attacked.  I'm sure they have forts and towers on them so some development have been made.

On 7/2/2020 at 8:20 AM, admin said:

We need to wash out poor ports that are neglected by clans to give other nations a chance to take them for themselves from neutrals.

Previous raider attack to richest ports was a fake feature because nobody would attack Nassau if Russia lost it because of potential consequences. But undeveloped (least developed) ports  - nobody care about them, so smaller nations will have a chance to take them from neutrals if they are not defended.

Can you tell us what exact counts as there are ports that folks havn't touched since they gained them but make enough money to pay tax's.  There are other ports taht make millions and the clan is an alt clan (Maracobo is currently owned by a Spanish clan that left and said they will come back.   So turned down a deal to buy the port off them which pissed off alot of Dutch players cause they aren't doing anything with the ports but make millions a day.)

On 7/2/2020 at 11:55 AM, Georg Fromm said:

In principle, a neutral port invites every player to set up a base there. I do not think that in the long run Russia would welcome privateers to use neutral ports in the Gulf as a base for attacks on Russian shipping. This reason alone, in my opinion, will cause the Russians to conquer the port again as soon as possible.
The same is likely to apply to any port located in the central and safe areas of any nation.

To be honest, Russia can use a bit of excitment and back yard play, maybe this is good to break up the EMPIRE a bit and let others enjoy some of the map.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 8:28 AM, Christendom said:

Also the front lines system prevented some nations from attacking nassau.  As the front lines system will prevent nations from taking some of these lesser ports that you're talking about.  AI raiders will need to adhere to the front lines system for this to be effective.  Losing a random port in the gulf will mean nothing if no one can actually take it.  This is assuming AI will ignore front lines of course.

To use the AI battle at Santanillas for example.  Why would sweden bother?  No one else could pull the port.  

8fc5d84661c0e3a37554a9967ed8aa6a.png
https://gyazo.com/8fc5d84661c0e3a37554a9967ed8aa6a

Personally I think a smarter soluation would be to attack ports haven't changed hands in a long time.  Would allow dead/inactive clans to drop ports.  

It would allow another clan in Sweden to take that port back.  Though I understand the reason, but I don't think it's going to work the way admin is thinking.  I'll use dutch as an example.  AIB owns one port and they are a dead brazinlian clan, it makes just enough to pay it's none timer window so it doesn't get dropped.  That and we have no clue what they have in bank, but they are no longer active in game and the few players left to other clans/nations.   Than we have MDM that owns Maracobo, Gilbertaler and a few other ports.  They are a spanish clan that left to go back to Spain.  We had a deal made up to buy Maracobo and they dragged there feet for weeks (basicly just never answered back) and than finaly said they plan to return.  They have not returned or sine owner ship of all those ports done any upgrades (some aren't even open for others to update/invest).   Will this effect ports like that? I mean Maracobo makes 1-2 million a day so would it be counted even though nothing has been updated since SNOW left?

We honestly need a better system in game to deal with these two cases.  I can see maybe AIB port getting hit but I don't think any of MDM's would as they have been invested in some what just traded hands a lot.   It still doesn't help the nation.  There needs to be some way to vote a clan port battle.....maybe have it where we can vote to have AI raid a portt in nation.  If we want to make it go neutral so another clan can pick it up we just don't defend it.   If they are really active than they can get there butts to the port battles and defend it or get others to help them.  This would actually make a better system than 2 random ports on the map

On 7/2/2020 at 8:20 AM, admin said:

We need to wash out poor ports that are neglected by clans to give other nations a chance to take them for themselves from neutrals.

Previous raider attack to richest ports was a fake feature because nobody would attack Nassau if Russia lost it because of potential consequences. But undeveloped (least developed) ports  - nobody care about them, so smaller nations will have a chance to take them from neutrals if they are not defended.

@admin how will this help with example number two?  Cause thosee ports have been invested so they aren't really poor ports?  Some of us don't invest in ports not cause we are poor, but cause why should we when we have all rescources in the port next to it?  So at most we put up forts and towers.  The problem is more that we have dead and alt clans with enough money or partially invested ports that they aren't those lesser ports your talking about.  We need a system to deal with these ports.  I don't mind a lesser random port being hit once in a while to mix things up, but that might hurt little clans that hold a none important port.   Shouldn't it be more something like non active ports?   I mean what is the system the raiders use to pick ports to raid honestly we need to know.  Cause other wise it might actually hurt small clans instead of reamoving the true problem of dead or alt clans.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

To be honest, there are some ports that are owned by dead or inactive clans.  Just in Dutch I know of one port owned by a dead clan, but it makes enough to pay it's none timer tax and I know of an alt clan that ownes one of the second most productive port and a few others, but we can't do anything to them cause they haven't allowed other clans to invest or touched them since taking ownership, even after offering to pay for those ports and they aggreed but backed out at the last momentt after payment was gained.   Sorry there needs to be some way to remove dead clans and alt clans from ports.  If it's way behind front lines than you can't just ask some one to come flip them for you.

There are better ways than choosing 2 random ports. Only good thing is it has given us 25 wooden chests so far, and we'll get another 25 today (because DK got attacked again). I agree this is a problem, but randomly choosing 2 lowest performing ports in regions will only ever choose non-capital timer ports on the frontlines if a frontline is near.

There are better ways to do this that don't force you to do even more PvE on a PvP server. Small nations (EG: DK-NG, even Dutch would be like this) can't afford to grind privateers for flags to even do RvR, defend ports they own, and attack ports all at the same time. So these raider attacks just mean for a smaller nation that if we scheduled a PB the day before, we can't really make it anymore because we have to ensure we defend our port. I would rather see a proper implementation of a way to remove alt/dead clan ownership of a port. Perhaps an item which is expensive in Doubloons or Victory Marks (prevent abuse/overuse to get chests) that allows you to challenge a port owner. This could then spawn the NPC raider mission to attack the port, instead of doing it at random. Could be explained away as the "Raiders saw the building conflict between rival factions over X port, and decided to take advantage of the situation to get what they can"

Edited by Isaac J Smith
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Isaac J Smith said:

There are better ways than choosing 2 random ports. Only good thing is it has given us 25 wooden chests so far, and we'll get another 25 today (because DK got attacked again). I agree this is a problem, but randomly choosing 2 lowest performing ports in regions will only ever choose non-capital timer ports on the frontlines if a frontline is near.

There are better ways to do this that don't force you to do even more PvE on a PvP server. Small nations (EG: DK-NG, even Dutch would be like this) can't afford to grind privateers for flags to even do RvR, defend ports they own, and attack ports all at the same time. So these raider attacks just mean for a smaller nation that if we scheduled a PB the day before, we can't really make it anymore because we have to ensure we defend our port. I would rather see a proper implementation of a way to remove alt/dead clan ownership of a port. Perhaps an item which is expensive in Doubloons or Victory Marks (prevent abuse/overuse to get chests) that allows you to challenge a port owner. This could then spawn the NPC raider mission to attack the port, instead of doing it at random. Could be explained away as the "Raiders saw the building conflict between rival factions over X port, and decided to take advantage of the situation to get what they can"

I think we are all pretty much agreeing that there are better ways.  That is why I suggested a vote system where we can vote to have these alt/dead clan ports attacked instead of it just being random RNG.  

Oh and your wrong about War Server, it's a PvE server with PvP elements.  You folks need to stop thinking of it as a PvP only server cause it is not and never has been.  Only time we every had PvP only servers was NA;L and even than it had bots to fill the slots.    

11 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I think we are all pretty much agreeing that there are better ways.  That is why I suggested a vote system where we can vote to have these alt/dead clan ports attacked instead of it just being random RNG.  

How do you define a dead clan. Mathematically?

Welcome to the Caribbean expansion is almost finished.
Here are the last touches that needs to be done before we move to Crew skills and Karma system

1) Finalize woods
2) Cannon re-balance
3) Ship thickness balance - ship thickness will be reworked
4) Patrol zone improvement (attack by lineships in frigate zones will be locked)

• Like 10

53 minutes ago, admin said:

1) Finalize woods
2) Cannon re-balance
3) Ship thickness balance - ship thickness will be reworked
4) Patrol zone improvement (attack by lineships in frigate zones will be locked)

Good, especially the last one.
Hope it will happen not too "soon", so we can start rebuilding our fleets

54 minutes ago, admin said:

Here are the last touches that needs to be done before we move to Crew skills and Karma system

Will you consider in that case this simple idea of Crew quality progress?

41 minutes ago, qw569😳 said:

Thank you for writing this before July 9th.

Leopard purchase delayed :(

its not going to be drastic and leopard will become slightly stronger thickness wise (all frigates will) due to this rebalance
HP will remain (rebalance will affect thickness of hulls and masts)

• Like 5

Do you plan any improvement for the AI port battles? @admin
I can accept one or two every week... but possibly 1 everyday is a bit too much, isn't it? Not all nations have the playerbase to do that stuff every evening... and I still think nations that are not in the top two/three shouldn't get these raids.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, admin said:

Welcome to the Caribbean expansion is almost finished.

I read  your post about Karma but i think i missed the one about crew skill..could you anticipate something about that?

thanks

• Like 1