Game-Labs Forum

Scale of Battle

tinekastil2

I really love this game. I love the tactical movement at brigade and division level. But as the scale of battles increases, to Corp and especially to army level, I feel like there’s too much to manage. You either have to pause often to set unit movements or rely on the dreadful AI offensive or defensive modes.

I’ve never been able to trust that AI. Has anyone had success using it? If so, what are you tips? Does anyone prefer large scale battles to smaller engagements? How do you handle all the units simultaneously? I know you can “draw the battle line” with multiple units, but then my brigades seem susceptible to getting flanked from the constant crossing over paths. Also, if there are a lot of units, say if you select a whole corps, the battle line can be so long that it overlaps with other corps or is to cross rivers or something. Maybe if there were an option to stack two brigades deep instead of all in a single line that could be alleviated.

Any thoughts?appvalley tutuapp tweakbox

Edited by tinekastil2
  • Like 1

I never use the division AI options, and I mostly give orders to individual units instead of any of the group options since it results in faster movement. The draw formation is something I often only use towards the end of battles when I'm chasing down a few units and getting lazy about closing the encirclement.

Half speed or pause is what I use if I need to assign a very large number of orders, usually at the start of a battle or phase. Otherwise, I've just found that the more I play the better of a feel I have for which units need attention and when I can get away with fast forwarding because units are just going to be standing around firing for a bit. Listening for the charging sound is also important and in larger battles I'll immediately pause and figure out where the threatened unit is.