Game-Labs Forum
Henry d'Esterre Darby

Alpha Open World - Current Development Images (Large Images) (Updated 24/2/2015)

More images added!!! 2015-02-24

These images of the current Open World development were posted on the Facebook account, enjoy:

Jamaica (added Feb. 24th):

XH4Yj8D.png

Tortuga, Canal de la Tortue and P. du Portugal - place for pirate port La Basse Terre:

10960126_432917136866210_743792203507644

Bay De Neybe:

10988933_432889963535594_852872582251739

Hispaniola:

10974174_432889386868985_325849506161886

My favorite island in the area (and where I was lucky enough to honeymoon), St. Lucia:

Gros Islet:

10991473_437005666457357_372748901901207

10930204_437005663124024_659578907082913

10497104_437005676457356_625302558465641

1780241_437005673124023_1827560883948532

10991568_437005679790689_653112679897191

Martinique

10818493_431221297035794_520199144712201

St. Kitts:

10960427_431862086971715_181385806449317

• Like 25

Nice.

And I like the fast ship in the 2nd screenie as well.

Obviously the Yacht got buffed a tad... :ph34r:

Looks like a painting, the sky at the very least. Quite appropriate. 

for me it was the txt that went along with the second picture that got me excited.

"Was hooting screenshots today. Tried to reach Tortuga through Puerto Rico without the compass and the map and got lost at sea. After 30 mins of wandering by pure accident saw the sail on the horizon followed it and reached St Kitts. Pretty big map guys. You will get lost often.

Was able to take this screen of near San Juan.
Puerto Rico in the evening."

Now, I might have just missed them saying so before, and if I have then I'm a muppet and please ignore me... But this leads me to believe that they're planing on the world map being a "real" thing rather than a top down map or anything like that. So actual sailing about like we do in the arenas at the moment which for me at least is awesome news as this was what I was hoping they'd do  :D

• Like 1

same the 150kns is just the speed up mechanic or time scale

So when does invites start to get into the open world testing? :D  (or were they already sent?) 

not really they are mostly working to get the patch with the next 3 ships ingame 

Hi,

Nice pics .. :)

However, .. aside from the obvious spelling mistake (missing an r (harbor)), .. please use the English spelling for .. Harbour. :)   .. i.e. Martinique Harbour.

... for historical accuracy's sake.

... the Americans really didn't start cannibalizing the English language until the mid-19th Century. :P

.. before you know it ... we'll end up with an HMS Endeavor .. :o .. instead of Endeavour. B)

Cheers

Tom

• Like 4

Hi,

However, .. aside from the obvious spelling mistake (missing an r (harbor)), .. please use the English spelling for .. Harbour. :)   .. i.e. Martinique Harbour.

... the Americans really didn't start cannibalizing the English language until the mid-19th Century. :P

.. before you know it ... we'll end up with an HMS Endeavor .. :o .. instead of Endeavour. B)

Cheers

Tom

I honor your attempt at showing your true colors in terms of the english language  :P

Hi,

Cheers

Tom

This is an annoying myth! A good friend of mine that happens to be an English Professor actually did a lot of research on this, he told me that the differences between American and British are not due to Americans changing from a British standard. American is not corrupt British plus barbarisms. Rather, both American and British evolved in different ways from a common sixteenth-century ancestral standard. Present-day British is no closer to that earlier form than present-day American is. Indeed, in some ways present-day American is more conservative, that is, closer to the common original standard than is present-day British. If you don't believe me research it yourself. Google pulls up a ton of sites, I'm sure one of them is a good source. 

• Like 2

I honour your attempt at showing your true colours in terms of the english language  :P

... corrected  .. :P

Cheers

Tom

• Like 3

This is an annoying myth! A good friend of mine that happens to be an English Professor actually did a lot of research on this, he told me that the differences between American and British are not due to Americans changing from a British standard. American is not corrupt British plus barbarisms. Rather, both American and British evolved in different ways from a common sixteenth-century ancestral standard. Present-day British is no closer to that earlier form than present-day American is. Indeed, in some ways present-day American is more conservative, that is, closer to the common original standard than is present-day British. If you don't believe me research it yourself. Google pulls up a ton of sites, I'm sure one of them is a good source. 

.. not a myth .. :P

Please explain how in America .. how soldering (e.g. soldering iron) .. soul der ing .. is pronounced .. sod der ing ... :o:lol::wacko:

.. so, .. given that ..

is it? .. American Soldier .. or .. Sod jer .. ?  .. :P

Also, ..don't need Google to tell me what's right and/or wrong,   ... my wife knows everything!! .. ;)

Cheers

Tom

.. not a myth .. :P

Please explain how in America .. how soldering (e.g. soldering iron) .. soul der ing .. is pronounced .. sod der ing ... :o:lol::wacko:

:P

I've been speaking .. English (albeit with a Scot's accent) for almost 60 years. Don't need Google to tell me what's right and wrong,   ... my wife knows everything!! .. ;)

Cheers

Tom

Oh I'm sure you know everything because you have been speaking English for 60 years. In fact your "correction" above is only half right honor and honour were equally frequent in Britain until the 17th century. As far as "soldering" or "sodering" here you go-Modern form in English is a re-Latinization from early 15c. The loss of Latin -l- in that position on the way to Old French is regular, as poudre from pulveremcou from collumchaud from calidus. The -l- typically is sounded in British English but not in American, according to OED, but Fowler wrote that solder without the "l" was "The only pronunciation I have ever heard, except from the half-educated to whom spelling is a final court of appeal ..." and was baffled by the OED's statement that it was American. Related: Solderedsoldering. The noun is first attested late 14c.   

SOURCE: http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=solder

Please tell me how it is not a myth with some sources other then your wife or that you are 60.  :)

• Like 1

Oh I'm sure you know everything because you have been speaking English for 60 years. In fact your "correction" above is only half right honor and honour were equally frequent in Britain until the 17th century. As far as "soldering" or "sodering" here you go-Modern form in English is a re-Latinization from early 15c. The loss of Latin -l- in that position on the way to Old French is regular, as poudre from pulveremcou from collumchaud from calidus. The -l- typically is sounded in British English but not in American, according to OED, but Fowler wrote that solder without the "l" was "The only pronunciation I have ever heard, except from the half-educated to whom spelling is a final court of appeal ..." and was baffled by the OED's statement that it was American. Related: Solderedsoldering. The noun is first attested late 14c.   

SOURCE: http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=solder

Please tell me how it is not a myth with some sources other then your wife or that you are 60.  :)

Hi,

Get a grip ... :huh:

.. you fall out of bed this morning? .. <_<

.. no sense of humour (translation: humor .. for our American friends) :P

If I was having a serious go at the 'Americanization' of the English language .. there would have been far fewer funny emoticons in my post. B)

Instead of throwing your toys .. why don't you go and sink something .. how about the  .. Constitution ?? :P  .. just kidding .. :)

... no really!! :P

N.B.: I removed the reference to the length of time I've been speaking proper English in my earlier post,

.. didn't want anyone wondering how someone so young, .. could have so much wisdom. :P

Cheers

Tom

Hi,

Get a grip ... :huh:

.. you fall out of bed this morning? .. <_<

If I was having a serious go at the Americanization of the English language .. there would have been far fewer funny emoticons in my post. B)

Instead of throwing your toys .. why don't you go and sink something .. how about the  .. Constitution ?? :P  .. just kidding .. :)

... no really!!

Cheers

Tom

Did you fall out of bed this morning? Maybe break a hip? I was simply saying that your statement was wrong and then you proceeded to respond with "I'm 60 therefore I know everything and you are in fact wrong" I would say you are the one that needs to get a grip. Also, no need to resort to saying things like "Instead of throwing your toys". Really? How old are you again?

Okay, one more time.....it is not the "Americanization" of the English language. British and American English is both different to the original. That is all I was saying. 

It just annoys me that British seem to think America "butchered" the English language so I was just informing you that you were mistaken. No need to resort to rude comments.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to put a bunch of emoticons.   :D  :P   :lol:  :wub:   :ph34r: . K bases covered all better.

• Like 1

Did you fall out of bed this morning? Maybe break a hip? I was simply saying that your statement was wrong and then you proceeded to respond with "I'm 60 therefore I know everything and you are in fact wrong" I would say you are the one that needs to get a grip. Also, no need to resort to saying things like "Instead of throwing your toys". Really? How old are you again?

Okay, one more time.....it is not the "Americanization" of the English language. British and American English is both different to the original. That is all I was saying. 

It just annoys me that British seem to think America "butchered" the English language so I was just informing you that you were mistaken. No need to resort to rude comments.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to put a bunch of emoticons.   :D  :P   :lol:  :wub:   :ph34r: . K bases covered all better.

:rolleyes:

You've effectively turned a light-hearted post into a slinging match ... with insults .. well done!!

:wacko:

• Like 1

:rolleyes:

You've effectively turned a light-hearted post into a slinging match ... with insults .. well done!!

:wacko:

Okay I'm done.... If you believe that I feel bad for you sir. I guess "don't throw your toys" and "go sink the Constitution" are not insults but actually....compliments??...wait you were just joking.!! Silly me!! So was I. No need to throw your toys! :o  Maybe you just woke up on the "wrong side of the bed".  :blink: 

Back on topic. Thanks to the OP for the pictures.  :) 

• Like 1