Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Tycondero said:

Me too. I would very much like to see paint schemes. 

Always wondered though whether they had any use besides looking pretty. In WoW some are considered camouflage, but did that really work?

Unless we're talking dockside camouflage as used by the Tirpitz, Gota Lejon and the rather amusing Japanese jungle paint schemes, then no, this was generally not the intention. 'Camouflage' on ships was generally used for aircraft recognition (in the case of the German stripes and swastikas and painted turret tops specifically) or to break up a ship's silhouette and make it harder to identify, the most famous example of which is the infamous dazzle camouflage employed by the USA. 

The Kriegsmarine in particular however experimented with a number of paint schemes to make their ships appear different to what they were, on almost all Heavy Cruisers and larger the KM painted white bow waves, left the bow and stern a different color and painted a bow and stern in darker colors along the hull and many other things to make their ships appear smaller or as different classes, this of course actually worked for Prinz Eugen at the Battle of the Denmark Strait (or at least we can generously assume it may have been a contributing factor to why she was identified as Bismarck aside from her being the lead ship in the line) and the Scharnhorsts were misidentified on occasion because of it, though usually not for long. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2020 at 8:18 AM, Reaper Jack said:

Unless we're talking dockside camouflage as used by the Tirpitz, Gota Lejon and the rather amusing Japanese jungle paint schemes, then no, this was generally not the intention. 'Camouflage' on ships was generally used for aircraft recognition (in the case of the German stripes and swastikas and painted turret tops specifically) or to break up a ship's silhouette and make it harder to identify, the most famous example of which is the infamous dazzle camouflage employed by the USA. 

The Kriegsmarine in particular however experimented with a number of paint schemes to make their ships appear different to what they were, on almost all Heavy Cruisers and larger the KM painted white bow waves, left the bow and stern a different color and painted a bow and stern in darker colors along the hull and many other things to make their ships appear smaller or as different classes, this of course actually worked for Prinz Eugen at the Battle of the Denmark Strait (or at least we can generously assume it may have been a contributing factor to why she was identified as Bismarck aside from her being the lead ship in the line) and the Scharnhorsts were misidentified on occasion because of it, though usually not for long. 

I think the point is less "get 0,5% less detection range" but rather "it looks cool".

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Skeksis said:

All games have skins as DLC or gifts, though I never seen a mention from UAD Dev's (or any mention of the types of DLCs that might be on the table), at a guess I would say DLC skins are most likely, one day! 

I hope so. I would pay 3-5 Euro's or so for a well sized package of various ship paint schemes. Perhaps us alpha backers should get them for free though as a thank you. 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Skeksis said:

All games have skins as DLC or gifts, though I never seen a mention from UAD Dev's (or any mention of the types of DLCs that might be on the table), at a guess I would say DLC skins are most likely, one day! 

well... they just announced that a main feature is delayed around 6 months of the date it suppose to come...

meaning I think that they are simply not in a position to talk about stuff to add after the game is finished.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cptbarney said:

yes pls, i want pink neon ships.

"My Flagshipfu Is a Gal" 🤣

1 hour ago, Cptbarney said:

and yes the historical camos too

Color wheel for shell dye (if any) and tracers would be nice - "Cure skycancer with sacura blossom and rainbow splashes" mission 🥰

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IronKaputt said:

"My Flagshipfu Is a Gal" 🤣

Mainly for california cus, shes a bit fiesty. And kamchatka, so torpedo boutes have an easier time finding her.

5 minutes ago, IronKaputt said:

Color wheel for shell dye (if any) and tracers would be nice - "Cure skycancer with sacura blossom and rainbow splashes" mission 🥰

They should have that for camos anyway, a colour swatch and choosing up to 8 different colours and loads of different patterns that you can upload yourself as custom camos (even if they have colour and goa bove the 8 colour maximum).

Dunno if we will ever see CV's let alone AA guns in this game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SiWi said:

a lady in my case:

 

340?cb=20200401152015

Ahh miss puddings. I hope this game is moddable, especially for admirals so we can get shipfus to sort of, drive themselves.

and cause a civil war on the forums as well. I know @HusariuS would agree to the above.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...