Game-Labs Forum

Patch: Timber. Shipbuilding, Conquest flag testing.

admin

Patch is being deployed today 18th June

Conquest changes

War server

Several Test chests will be given to all players until Monday to test Conquest flag. 
Conquest flag flow

• Use the flag
  • Exit port and sail to the destination
  • Place the flag near the enemy port (4000 m) - size of the circle is indicated on the picture
  • V81LMm-nmeh8NdaPf75tCRsc2IqTEq34iv1KIc9h
  • Flag carrier will be sent to the instance
  • Instance entry rules will be the same as port battle (allies only)
  • Reinforcements will be positional
    • Attackers enter near the flag carrier 
    • Defender will enter outside of the 800m radius from the flag carrier
  • Conquest flag will be bind on receive (if you get the flag only you can use it)
  • Flag wont work if player changes nation
  • Testing stage will be different in this way.
    • Port battle wont be organized up after flag placement - feel free to place flags on ports without fear of setting up the port battle
      • this can cause abnormal number of messages for clan owners but its ok.
    • Amount of ports that you can stat hostility has been increased from 2 nearest to 10 nearest  - for testing
  • Flag placement quest was added temporarily to motivate placement of flags.

PVP Hunters are encouraged to sink conquest flag carriers and generally interfere with flag placement. We might give something mildly interesting to those who sink the most.

The test will run till next week. Next week port battles will be switched ON

Port battles on Peace server

Port battles return to Peace server

• Raiders start attacking ports again.
  • Missions can now only be taken in the port battle time slot

Timber. 

New timber stats have been added

• In general the changes can be characterized as following. Every timber will have main strength point and secondary strength points. Every timber will have a strong weakness (some stronger or weaker)
    • Oaks - HP and Structure HP (hull), secondary - resistance.
    • Teaks - hardness and resistance, secondary - hp
    • Firs - speed and acceleration, secondary - splinter damage
    • Other - specialized woods, giving strong bonuses in one area.
  • We tried to keep old popular (meta) woods around the same levels they were before.
    Please provide feedback on the philosophy and provide feedback on changes or mistakes you spot.

Table:
link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mM1LEvwbt1tXOudiDUpTsT97wum_DvZDEs-S1YrkVBw

(for some reason this link does not show in new microsoft browsers)

Shipbuilding

• Doubloons have been removed from crafting. "Real" cost to build has been added to crafting. 
  • Blueprints have been rebalanced mainly in the area of distribution of timber between frame and planking (trim).

Combat balancing

• Overall acceleration was slowed by 20% across all vessels. Deceleration has been left untouched.
    • ps The current difference with acceleration (after patch) with old sea trials is 200% (current ships accelerate 200% faster), we dont want to drop it as fast but in general we believe current acceleration is too high which allows easy stern camping without planning. Slower acceleration will force planning and will make sterncamping a maneuver you must plan ahead. We still believe acceleration is too high.
  • Caps have been increased for speed, reloads, thickness, and HP. But not by much.

Captains, if you face "Please wait for some time and use event again" error when trying to deploy a flag, please wait for a 5-10 seconds and try again. We are aware of the issue and it will be fixed as soon as possible

Captains, due to fake flag protection clans cannot do flags missions in parallel on the same port but you can deploy flags on different ports

Hotfix deployed 19th June

• Fixed the problem where you see the message "Please wait for some time and use event again"
  • Added a message for the flag carrier in instance : Stay alive until battle is over
  • Slight fixes for the attack circle size 
  • Added more doubloons for specialized fleets: home defense fleet, small fleet, elite ships and raiders
  • Fixed bugs in blueprints of some vessels
  • Added small doubloon carry for NPC ship ranks

Additional test chest will be given to everyone to give a chance to finish a quest. 
IF YOU WANT A FLAG PLACEMENT REWARD!: TAKE A QUEST FIRST BEFORE PLACING THEM

6vGhInO.png

• Like 17

Can any ship transport a flag to any port? For example can I use a Le Requin to plant a flag on a 20k port? or a 1st rate to plant flag on a shallow port? If the flag placer just has to survive in the instance then can he not just take some tiny fast ship and run away the whole time or take a 1st rate to a shallow port where there no anchored line ships that can quickly respond to defend? The size of the port, and if it's shallow or deep, should dictate which ships can place a flag on it. 

42 minutes ago, admin said:

• We tried to keep old woods around the same parameters. Please provide feedback on the philosophy and provide feedback on changes.

Thank you! 👌👌👌👌

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, admin said:

Peace server

Port battles return to Peace server

• Raiders start attacking ports again.
  • Missions can now only be taken in the port battle time slot

Good news on the return of PB to PvE !

I have a prob understanding the "time slot" part. Takeing a mission means : select it in the port that offers it . How is this working ? Sometimes the sailing from offering port to pb would take most of the 90 mins already ???

Overall acceleration was slowed by 20% across all vessels. Deceleration has been left untouched.

On PvE server this will make escape from rageboarding ai a lot harder...intended ??

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Rouleur07 said:

Can you clarify if the 10 nearest ports is for the testing period or a permanent change as this would basically make all crafting ports the subject of permanent attack

As Admin wrote in the post

"Amount of ports that you can stat hostility has been increased from 2 nearest to 10 nearest  - for testing"

56 minutes ago, admin said:

Caps have been increased for speed, reloads, thickness, and HP. But not by much.

Ok, care to share with us what the caps are then?...🤔.

56 minutes ago, admin said:

PVP Hunters are encouraged to sink conquest flag carriers and generally interfere with flag placement. We might give something mildly interesting to those who sink the most.

😂😂😂, not this time bro give us reward and then we test..

Edited by Kejsaren
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, admin said:

Timber. 

New timber stats have been added

• In general the changes can be characterized as following. Every timber will have main strength point and secondary strength points. Every timber will have a strong weakness (some stronger or weaker)
    • Oaks - HP and Structure HP (hull), secondary - resistance.
    • Teaks - hardness and resistance, secondary - hp
    • Firs - speed and acceleration, secondary - splinter damage
    • Other - specialized woods, giving strong bonuses in one area.
  • We tried to keep old woods around the same parameters. Please provide feedback on the philosophy and provide feedback on changes.

Table:
link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mM1LEvwbt1tXOudiDUpTsT97wum_DvZDEs-S1YrkVBw

The way I read the table is that structure and armor repair at different amount of time, correct?

I know the base repair amount per ship is 20% and the base repair time per ship is 90 seconds. Do these values remain the same for both armor and structure?

So far what I am seeing I really enjoy the updates and changes. 

Edited by Redman29
  • Like 3

@admin, thank you for this patch, which looks GREAT. And for this detailed patch note. 🙂

I'm old enough generally, but it's difficult to wait this evening for testing ALL that. Just to help me waiting, and perform mental preparation, what is the weight of a flag, what is the "minimum" ship to transport it?

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

On PvE server this will make escape from rageboarding ai a lot harder...intended ??

No but that can be addressed if it does become a problem. Right now the aim is to get the pace of combat right and that requires reducing acceleration values closer to that when the game launched, and combat focused. 

As admin stated ship accel values have increased upwards of 200%. That makes a huge difference how battles are played ( see old gameplay footage ). With most things there's a balance, a "just right" point to acceleration and I expect the team will feel their way there as we do more testing of newer features.

27 minutes ago, Redman29 said:

The way I read the table is that structure and armor repair at different amount of time, correct?

I know the base repair amount per ship is 20% and the base repair time per ship is 90 seconds. Do these values remain the same for both armor and structure?

So far what I am seeing I really enjoy the updates and changes. 

yes. Positive number in time increases the time. Negative reduces. The harder the wood the slower it will repair. Soft woods are easy to repair

Repair amount reflects long term rot (unfortunately or fortunately we dont have maintenance) so more resistant woods (durable) repairs more %- % Is absolute. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

As admin stated ship accel values have increased upwards of 200%. That makes a huge difference how battles are played ( see old gameplay footage ). With most things there's a balance, a "just right" point to acceleration and I expect the team will feel their way there as we do more testing of newer features.

YES.. 

here is a comparison.

200% acceleration makes a huge difference. Lose energy in a unnecessary turn and it will take you 1.5 mins to regain speed. Which means other things start to matter (not only speed) For example: fast bellonas (historically) will no longer be able to actively pursue frigates in turning fights (they will lose energy and accelerate slower)

• Like 11

I can only talk for myself, but i'm no fan of the reals for crafting.

In my eyes both should be possible, and that the players (we) choose, how we want to pay the crafting:

By doubs (old amount before patch) or by reals (how it is now) -- reals is the cheaper way (compared to the old market price of 350 reals/ doubs)

all at all anything else is completely fine for me.

best wishes

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andi421 said:

By doubs (old amount before patch) or by reals (how it is now) -- reals is the cheaper way (compared to the old market price of 350 reals/ doubs)

historical price of real to doubloon ranges between 4 to 32 reals per gold coin depending on denominations
i am not saying they will fall to these levels, but they will become slightly lower than now.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, admin said:

YES.. 

here is a comparison.

200% acceleration makes a huge difference. Lose energy in a unnecessary turn and it will take you 1.5 mins to regain speed. Which means other things start to matter (not only speed) For example: fast bellonas (historically) will no longer be able to actively pursue frigates in turning fights (they will lose energy and accelerate slower)

This creates a field in which a difference could be implemented, for adding some advantage to the 3rd rate on the Bellona. Let's propose speed reduced 5%, acceleration increased 5% and turn rate increased 10%.

A 3rd rate would turn better, and as a consequence slow down more than a Bellona, but reaccelerate faster.

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 1

Suggestion: Add a control circle on the dock, or something like Patrol zone circle to these new hostility missions. With the new speed cap increases, the current circle-less system (at least from what I've seen 5 minutes into a mission) will result in max speed lynx flag carriers just running away to guarantee a battle.image.thumb.png.2b9d8ea45c2a2ccd88bfaac7fad1f411.png

Perhaps in the battle there can be the rules like a port battle (1000 points) on a capture point somewhere. Capturing the circle generates "Hostility points", enemy capturing the circle reduces "Hostility points." Sinking ships (unless the flag carrier) would result in nothing. If the attackers hit 1000 points, battle is set.

Edited by Isaac J Smith
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, admin said:

historical price of real to doubloon ranges between 4 to 32 reals per gold coin depending on denominations
i am not saying they will fall to these levels, but they will become slightly lower than now.

The price is falling already, which is absolutely okay - i only do PvP and craft the ships for myself --- thats why i was always happy haveing a good stock of doubs.. but i'm always short on reals - and i think many people are-- My suggestion is just, to make EVERYONE happy, if its possible for sure, that people can choose the way they want to pay (for example: price of doubs is more than reals, cause the "people" which craft it want reals instead of gold (strange explanation, but you understand what  i mean :) )

• Like 1