Game-Labs Forum

DLC ships and breaking them (has it been nerfed)?

16 hours ago, Nixolai said:

in Russia we have these RNG buffs so we always get good drop... ;)

Ohhh if I only new that earlier Nix 😂😜

I tell u a funny story after I saw this posts yesterday I went online and redeemed a Redout and a Vic to check my luck again.... 

Guess what Bro.... 

Purple 5/5 Redout 

Golden Fast 5/5 Victory 😂😂✌️

13 hours ago, Band said:

The Pandora, this piece of crap should just be removed from the game, it does nothing.

You are completely wrong. I love the Pandora and I learned to prepare her so that she is a menace even for 2 Indiamans together.

• Like 2

i have DLC ships but ....

breaking of dlc ship for S wood should be removed, it is a weird intention to buy a DLC - and also a intention not to sail ...

if you break a DLC up only firewood for the furnish wood be appropriate...

and of course only  the compass would be saved :)...

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 10:27 PM, Never said:

@Band Pure nonsense. People break DLCs cause it's more profitable to break them than it is to go out and play with them, simple as that. There's also the issue of not having guns or repairs in the port where someone might want to claim the ship. Why use 300k-500k to buy reps and guns if you can break the ship and make money without leaving port? 

How useful a DLC is depends on the situation. Presenting a few scenarios where a DLC ship might lose means very little. There's loads of different situations and BR balances that can take place in OW pvp and very varying skill levels of players too. 

It is far from "pure nonsense".

I'd welcome you telling me how what i said was "pure nonsense" because you didn't actually address any of the reasons I gave for most of the DLC ships being garbage.

On 6/17/2020 at 1:59 AM, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

you got only one thing correct. the redoutable is overpowered. all the rest is just bollocks. Pandora for instance is a splendid sailor, Rättvisan a fine boarder and hunter, Hermione a lightning fast downwind runner....

Pandora is outclassed by so many 5th rates, even ships around its BR like the Cerb or Surprise will completely destroy it.

Rattvisan is just a shittier Aggy. It doesn't ever have the speed to catch things like Inger's or Wapens and even the Indy can go broadside to broadside and win. When it comes to boarding most things will just run away

Hermione is beaten extremely hard downwind by Endymion or Trincomolee plus the fact that is has 12pd guns rather than 18's makes it completely useless against most ships around its BR or higher.

None of these ships are "Awesome combat ships".

Next please :D

Edited by Band
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Band said:

Pandora is outclassed by so many 5th rates, even ships around its BR like the Cerb or Surprise will completely destroy it.

Last week I sunk a swedish player in a Surprise with my Pandora.

19 hours ago, Band said:

Hermione is beaten extremely hard downwind by Endymion or Trincomolee plus the fact that is has 12pd guns rather than 18's makes it completely useless against most ships around its BR or higher.

Have you tried carronades?

Have you tried upwind?

There are lots of ways to counter things .... keep experimenting and exercising!

On 6/19/2020 at 12:24 PM, mikawa said:

Last week I sunk a swedish player in a Surprise with my Pandora.

Right, I've also sunk a player in a Cerberus whilst in a cutter does this make the Cutter better than the cerb? Of course it doesn't. Using an "I did this with this" is a terrible argument.

Have you tried carronades?

I have indeed tried carronades, shame that Endymion and Trinc both out turn the Hermione and have thick hulls so you bounce unless you are flat with them.

Have you tried upwind?

Endymion or Trinc wont chase you upwind or even other fast 5th rates you commonly see like Surprise...

There are lots of ways to counter things .... keep experimenting and exercising!

I've played since 2016 and probably seen most ways to counter something and the DLC ships barely counter anything. Like the others that posted, you failed to prove the statement that DLC ships are "Awesome combat ships"

Edited by Band