Game-Labs Forum

DLC ships and breaking them (has it been nerfed)?

As the title states for the past week and a half or so, many of us have been noting that while we have been breaking dlc ships up, most of us have been getting very little to almost none seasoned wood each day. Where as before it was ‘more’ plentiful. 

Can we get confirmation please of if there has been any nerf to dlc ships being broken up? 

Taking into account that the victory dlc was only just released, and many people simply bought the ship to break up for woods, since it still along with the original Vic has a leak problem that hasn’t been addressed enough! 
If the dlc ships wood drop has been nerfed can we be told please. And also preemptively that would be a real ‘sly’ thing to do without telling the community and selling the DLC vic. 

o7

Edited by ChineseBatman

From today:

unknown.png

I broke this one up just because you wrote about it. It's not proof of anything except that the output can vary a lot. Previously in the week I've been getting the same numbers as @Redman29 and @PG Monkey. If you've noticed less returns for more than a week you might simply be having a bad streak of luck.

I’ve got *76 Teak S* and 146 S WO in like a week and break up several DLC ships every day. Never been this god damn aweful. If we get played for fools like that, the least they could do is significantly increase the amount of seasoned wood you can gather from seasoning sheds, while significantly cutting the labour cost for crafting the seasoned wood. Along with a partial refund of the DLC Vics price since many people bought it for the seasoned wood.

Edited by ChineseBatman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Redman29 said:

unknown.png

From 2 days ago

The one above was 2 days ago. 

unknown.png

This one was from 2 weeks ago.

I got 50 from a Pandora today.

And got about a 100 from a Herc earlier this week.

The one thing I know for sure is that it is pure RNG. 

2 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Guess sailing and fighting with the DLC might provide a more stable income than just breaking.

( which i would think to be the whole intent of a ship :D )

Intent of ship is to make players buy the dlc😉, devs just made sure even people who don't want sail have reason to buy it😂.

They might aswell just start selling seasoned wood bundles as dlc.

I Do Not Think That Means What You Think It Means.

Meaning, that's the reason you bought them for and you wish others, all others, would do the same so you can, responsibly, justify the purchase :D 

DLC ships are awesome combat ships. And if I sink, grab another one, try again.

( but the same can be said with all other ships in game, just takes longer to get one )

9 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Meaning, that's the reason you bought them for and you wish others, all others, would do the same so you can, responsibly, justify the purchase :D 

( but the same can be said with all other ships in game, just takes longer to get one )

So if the reason is to use them to fight with.. One could wonder why you can even break up these ships, open for thoughts 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

So if the reason is to use them to fight with.. One could wonder why you can even break up these ships, open for thoughts 🤷‍♂️

To get the best port bonuses. For example I have a Vic 65 that has good port bonus. But I keep redeeming them daily to see if I get a better one. If I don't I break them up.

Same with most ships or a case of if I'm not using it for the foreseeable future why not break it up. Usually save several for the PZ's but not playing much atm so when I log on to burn my hours I redeem and break them up.

Edited by Redman29

12 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Guess sailing and fighting with the DLC might provide a more stable income than just breaking.

( which i would think to be the whole intent of a ship :D )

as admin put it

you bought it, you can do with it as you please. same for the game. you bought it, you can sit in dock for 8000 hours if u so wish! and never leave the dock! ever. player choice

so it is valid concern when players notice things changed

9 hours ago, Hethwill said:

They are not all awesome combat ships.

The Requin is decent.

The Hercules is beaten so hard buy even the Surprise.

The Pandora, this piece of crap should just be removed from the game, it does nothing.

The L'Hermione exactly the same as the Pandora.

The Leopard is flat, has an average armament and gets beaten by every other 4th rate.

The Rattvisan is decent but the dominance of ships like Endymion or even super fast SOL's makes it useless.

The Redoubtable is OP.

The Victory 1765 is just average, the L'Ocean and Santi still smash the shit out of it, its basically just a different looking Victory with a few more guns.

The Trincomolee (when it comes) is quite an average ship and will get beaten by Endymion or fast Ingers or Connies as it does now.

The reason people break up these ships is because most of them are complete garbage and the hilarious imbalance between small ships and large ships just makes them even more pointless. The only reason to ever have a small ship is to do shallow water PB's, for everything else you can use an SOL because the extremely weird implementation of speed on ships and the power creep in the game.

@Band Pure nonsense. People break DLCs cause it's more profitable to break them than it is to go out and play with them, simple as that. There's also the issue of not having guns or repairs in the port where someone might want to claim the ship. Why use 300k-500k to buy reps and guns if you can break the ship and make money without leaving port? 

How useful a DLC is depends on the situation. Presenting a few scenarios where a DLC ship might lose means very little. There's loads of different situations and BR balances that can take place in OW pvp and very varying skill levels of players too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

Yep. I'm down with that.