Game-Labs Forum

War on War Server. Conquest to return.

Captains

Conquest return plans can be made public now. Thank you very much for patience.

Conquest flag has been implemented and tested internally. But we need to test it in public. 
To avoid any issues with loss of ports due to potential flag bugs conquest will return in stages

• Stage 1. 17-18th June (ETA) Flag planting (setting) will be available
    • Flag will be issued to every captain in the re-deemables
    • Flag WILL NOT result in port battle set up (you can place the flag but port battle will not happen)
    • 2 Quests with rewards will be added to motivate testing the flags.
      • Flag planting quest
      • Flag destruction quest
  • Stage 2. 24th June:  Full PB return + unsupported port battle transport
    • Port battles will be switched on
    • Port battle transport item will be given out to clan officers on the server
  • Stage 3. 1st July Full conquest recovery with port battle transport
    • Port battle transport will become fully supported

8 minutes ago, admin said:

pve server will keep old hostility missions as flag is redundant there.

Trincomalee timeline announcement will be done separately today.

Edited by Hethwill
added PVE info.
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Random Noob said:

Game is out of early access for a year but here we are still "testing" things.

Thankfully :) 

Means game is always evolving.

As one of my teachers would say - there's twenty editions of a game because the game is never finished.

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, admin said:

Okay...the issue on PvE is: ai has stopped to attack ports. No ai flip means no pb, regardless of hostility or new method.

So the question boils down to: when will pb start again on PvE server ?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, admin said:

First, thank you for reply. 

Second, I may have not make myself clear there. I was asking when (old) hostilities will be resumed on PvE server. Right now there is none, map become static.

1 hour ago, admin said:

While I understand this and can't find a fault with maintaining hostilities the way they currently are, could it be made that only hostilities missions started after the initial time frame are counted towards the Port Battle counter?

It would remove the current uncertainty of "leave at the right second" and turn it into a battle for which nation/clans are more efficient in battle.

Edited by Eduard L'Aquila
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Eduard L'Aquila said:

While I understand this and can't find a fault with maintaining hostilities the way they currently are, could it be made that only hostilities missions started after the initial time frame are counted towards the Port Battle counter?

It would remove the current uncertainty of "leave at the right second" and turn it into a battle for which nation/clans are more efficient in battle.

agree

this wont be on patch but this needs to be hotfixed. Missions should be taken after window opens to give everyone equal chance.
On the other hand - as instance can only live for 1.5 hours - you can only get 1.5 hours headstart

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, admin said:

agree

this wont be on patch but this needs to be hotfixed. Missions should be taken after window opens to give everyone equal chance.
On the other hand - as instance can only live for 1.5 hours - you can only get 1.5 hours headstart

The issue is, you dont need 1,5h headstart. What should headstart even serve for? Right now it is done in 30minutes and then it is just waiting until time window starts and leave the battle at set time - fracture of second into the window.

No headstart for PvE is the best solution, fair to everybody.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, admin said:

agree

By my interpretation, do you mean that hostility missions would not be made available in ports until the window starts?

If that's the case, that's a very interesting idea, perhaps hostilities could also be taken at a neutral port (i.e. the port that's unowned), not only in home nation/allied ports.

20 hours ago, Trawn said:

The issue is, you dont need 1,5h headstart. What should headstart even serve for? Right now it is done in 30minutes and then it is just waiting until time window starts and leave the battle at set time - fracture of second into the window.

No headstart for PvE is the best solution, fair to everybody.

On top of this suggestion ( timer = start of hostility) :

Get the 100% out of it completely = more fun and content for PvE

Have Hostility start at a given time. The clan doing most dmg within the next 1.5 hrs (instance lifespan) wins the hostility.

Edited by Jan van Santen