Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie1957

Future Games

Hi Guys, with the success of Civil war, Ultimate Admiral-Age of sail and dreadnoughts series, is their any possibility of new games related to the Napoleonic wars or the Eastern front 1942/45. I am sure any or either using your engine and expertise would be a commercial success.

Napoleonics are a sure seller. Always been, always will be.

Is second best seller wargaming theme, ever, in all types of media. From cardboard, minis, to computer gaming.

But World War Zero would be a great and monumental themed game in the vein of ultimate general meets ultimate admiral. Especially if it would be possible to play coop with a chain of command.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Napoleonics are a sure seller. Always been, always will be.

Sure. Everyone's looking for sure sellers. Result is, you can't endure the topic any longer after maybe five titles on the same background.

Maybe standing out of the crowd also could turn out to be a 'sure seller'?

Take gamelabs' Dreadnoughts for example. Designing early steel war ships is totally different from the usual WW2 maritime game. And once full released, having left early access, could become very popular just because of standing out of the crowd.

So how about a game themed on "Thirty years war" in first half of 17th century? I don't remember ever having seen a game covering this, while it is full of drama.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Pike & Shot comes to mind, for PC. On the table there's quite a lot at all levels, strategic, operation and tactical levels across separate games.

1600's naval would be really nice.

Edited by Hethwill
  • Like 3

On 6/6/2020 at 11:09 AM, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Sure. Everyone's looking for sure sellers. Result is, you can't endure the topic any longer after maybe five titles on the same background.

Maybe standing out of the crowd also could turn out to be a 'sure seller'?

Take gamelabs' Dreadnoughts for example. Designing early steel war ships is totally different from the usual WW2 maritime game. And once full released, having left early access, could become very popular just because of standing out of the crowd.

So how about a game themed on "Thirty years war" in first half of 17th century? I don't remember ever having seen a game covering this, while it is full of drama.

Have you read the UAD forum? Many posts want carriers, subs and late WWII tech. I was first excited to see a true Dreadnought focus like you said, but theme creep is occurring and now we have Yamamoto and Bismark, battleships essentially sunk by aircraft well past the age of dreadnoughts. So back to the WWII theme, another sure seller, that ppl still want. 

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, DeRuyter said:

Have you read the UAD forum? Many posts want carriers, subs and late WWII tech. I was first excited to see a true Dreadnought focus like you said, but theme creep is occurring and now we have Yamamoto and Bismark, battleships essentially sunk by aircraft well past the age of dreadnoughts. So back to the WWII theme, another sure seller, that ppl still want. 

This broke my heart. I don't play many naval games but looked forward to this, and now I'm sad. I wanted Imperial fleets and not WW2 stuff. I might have to pass. :(

• Like 3

On 6/12/2020 at 11:48 AM, Cavalry Enthusiast said:

This broke my heart. I don't play many naval games but looked forward to this, and now I'm sad. I wanted Imperial fleets and not WW2 stuff. I might have to pass. :(

Hopefully there will still be content and campaigns starting in the 1890s through WW1.

• Like 3

A naval game settled in 16th century, time of spanish armada.

Ship types

• Galeone
  • Nao
  • Patache
  • Urca
  • Galeere

Focus on teamplay, first-person game, you have to work on sails / cannon shooting / cannon reloading / rudder and sink the enemy ship.