Game-Labs Forum

Servers Restart - Important information about server situation and next steps

1 hour ago, mikawa said:

Well, it happened to me too. I have no problem with it although the waste of time is really critical. I still don't understand the concept of the game. I do understand that the devs are trying to implement a lot of pirate stuff. Ok, piracy means taking what other players have achieved so far. Ok, but why then change the whole thing by making these protection fleets. If the game tries to teach you that nothing has a duration then just remove the fleets because they are against the game's own rules. Let players protect other players. If there is no player - bad luck.

I would keep the fleets.... How many vets build golden ships just to gank new players to run away when a challenge comes. It's OK how it is. And every hobby takes time.  You could also make trading runs. Or don't care and buy some special ships with reals dubloons or other stuff 

• Like 1

Fleets are okay as they are now and they serve dual purpose with the new Conquest design.

Want to provide a challenge to newcomers ? Take a Lynx and fight them. You won't be tagged by the Home Defense Fleets.

Fleets...makes me think of 1 more possibility to spice up the event: add the event ships to fleets, both as leader or as invisible member. But that would require some elite status, so the caveat might be: notes . Right now event ship notes allow choice of woods, elite notes don't

Edited by Jan van Santen

15 hours ago, mikawa said:

Well, it happened to me too. I have no problem with it although the waste of time is really critical. I still don't understand the concept of the game. I do understand that the devs are trying to implement a lot of pirate stuff. Ok, piracy means taking what other players have achieved so far. Ok, but why then change the whole thing by making these protection fleets. If the game tries to teach you that nothing has a duration then just remove the fleets because they are against the game's own rules. Let players protect other players. If there is no player - bad luck.

Yah yesterday when I logged on at sea in my Routable I was sorounded by a group  of 6 russians.  I figure I would log out and than just try hunting.  Well they tagged me after a good chase and since it's a DLC ship I just surrender at start.  Wasn't going to waste my time trying to fight 6 players at once.   My issue is not the event is self, it's how much time you take to travel to them.  Leaving from a freetown is almost a death sentence cause they camp them out and watch for any small groups or solo leaving. 

The solution would be just not have areas, put the ships all over the place randomely for the days the events run and it wouldn't become nothing but a gank feast for them jumping solo players and thoes wounded from fights.  Still a risk but they won't know exaclty where to stay and wait.

13 hours ago, Jan van Santen said:

Havent done the S of Hispaniola area since that is camping place no1 on PvE server, can confirm all 3 event ships in both Tumbado and N of Trinidad zone

I done all three zoens between PvP and PvE server and they are at all three.

13 hours ago, Lukas97Austria said:

Also when I don't have alot of time like others do.... It's the way how things works. Those who can spend more time achieve maybe more.   

In every game I play there are at first skill based or time based operations. And I sometimes did them and I was really pride of myself to get a rare vehicle not everyone had. (war thunder po2, vk4501p etc) but due casuals etc they kinda make special vehicles or goods not special anymore.  

I personal think how it is its good. Special ships are OK when the events come and go from time to time. Keeping this things rare.   Keep also in mind you can still buy some of them 

As I told @admin the events are fine, even though I'm still pissed about the AdR not beiing a craftable ship when it was promised as one.  The issue is they are only in three zones that some don' have ports clear.  The free towns are death traps so not best to leave from them.  It's just frustrating that you sail across the map to get ganked by a bunch of guys.  Even more sad is when you see more than one group and they don't fight each other, just picking off easy targets.

5 hours ago, Lukas97Austria said:

But elite ai is here to farm navy guns and blomefields. Not for the ship actually 

RNG hates me, I had never gotten any of those two guns.  I get either the other guns or crappy random loot drop.  That is why I hate how the ships are crap after you fight them.  If the loot was worth it we wouldn't bitch about the condition of the ship, but not every one gets the best loot.

12 hours ago, Lukas97Austria said:

But elite ai is here to farm navy guns and blomefields. Not for the ship actually 

Indeed elite ships were introduced as possibility to get premium ships from AI, the fact that they were mostly carrying interesting items like guns is a side-note.