Game-Labs Forum

Servers Restart - Important information about server situation and next steps

1 minute ago, Cathal Brugha said:

How about making the event last at least a week, so those of us who work through the weekend have a chance? Also, how about drastically increasing the chance of a note drop, so those of us who only have time to fight a few ships can actually have a chance of getting a note?

Suppose it will be a week, if they do the event like the first one (which also lasted a week), starting with tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Ink said:

If you lose valuable items on the next crash after servers restart please post your losses in support forum with screenshots. They will be compensated.

How could I post a screenshot of a vessel lost, due to server crashes?

Wouldn‘t I be thrown out of battle without the chance of taking a screenshot?

1 minute ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Don't be so greedy. If you haven't lost anything, why should you get pampered by 'compensations'? Each time there is a hickup? I understand it that way that Diana event is our 'compensation' and with notes on DeRuyters, that is more than sufficient.

Yea maybe the Ruyter will be spamed like hell like last time i could do 2 ruyter  because everyone spaming so not really great ... anyway if there is note it’s great 

36 minutes ago, elhistoriador3 said:

I had two indiamen filled with cargo; I managed a screenshot of one and its cargo, but in OW I can't see the other fleet ship or its contents. Tried to dock at Christiansted and couldn't. If both are lost, will both be compensated along with cost of cargo?

Captain, Ink wrote the following "If you lose valuable items on the next crash after servers restart please post your losses in support forum with screenshots. They will be compensated."

So this is applied only to next crash.

50 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

just wondering... I don't take screenshot of my inventory usually so how should I be compensated if something is not there anymore and I don't have the proof it was there?

nobody generally does, ...
... but that's exactly why this announcement was made ... , before

.... maybe not the whole inventory, just the ships before leaving the port

Edited by Holm Hansen

1 hour ago, Louis Garneray said:

just wondering... I don't take screenshot of my inventory usually so how should I be compensated if something is not there anymore and I don't have the proof it was there?

Why don't you employ a proper quartermaster for your fleet to keep the books neat and tidy?

I was told in Nassau there are frequently quartermasters looking for employment being found in the tavern next to the old yard.

4 hours ago, admin said:

De Ruyter note will also drop

A note we can pick what we want from?   I was just about to bitch "Oh look more ELITE SHIPS WITH CRAP LOOT."  This is a little better, but still doesn't help it just means we will have a gank feast of folks taking advantage of the wounded ships that come out of fights.

3 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Don't be so greedy. If you haven't lost anything, why should you get pampered by 'compensations'? Each time there is a hickup? I understand it that way that Diana event is our 'compensation' and with notes on DeRuyters, that is more than sufficient.

An event that prob should be going on several times since it first happen, not as a way to comp for not being able to log in.  I hardly log in lately cause the game been so laggy for me cause of a hub in germany before the server (yes I do trace IP to check) and of course broken promises.

It's freaking June and we haven't even gotten a decent patch this year.  

Hm, Server crashed at 1:00am Moscow?

I was droped out of the game, the server wasn’t available, but it got up too fast. While I was leaving, i was been captured.

Is this a case for compensation?

I have only this screen.

Trinco.thumb.jpg.54e1c13cc3a980ed865b684c0e209fba.jpg

Edited by Mish

48 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

A note we can pick what we want from?   I was just about to bitch "Oh look more ELITE SHIPS WITH CRAP LOOT."  This is a little better, but still doesn't help it just means we will have a gank feast of folks taking advantage of the wounded ships that come out of fights.

It's one of these precious moments I am glad I am on PvE peace server.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

It's one of these precious moments I am glad I am on PvE peace server.

Luckly I'm not doing 12 hour shifts right now (though won't be suprise if we end up doing them this weekend).   I'm plannning to pop over to PvE and try to get me a AdR for over there.  I got a lot of stuff set up for when I do finally just say to hell with it and move fully over.

3 hours ago, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

even if u pick wood

bonuses random lol

Still better than getting a Fir/oak or my best one was Car/Mah, with Burmida trime.  If it was better wood for my choosing the trim wasn't bad for a AI boarding set up.   It's just to squashy though to fight elites and such.

Good day Captains and devs,

We the community would like this Diana Event to be officially announced like last time with slightly more info.

- Diana - Santa - Ruyter -  All 3 notes will drop? Or they'll be on missing like last time. saw the ruyter note will drop but what about the Diana and Santa Cecilia ?
- Where: Locations of the spawn will remain the same? Please let us know
- How long: From the 5th of June to.... ??

Kind Regards,

Paulo

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Ink said:

Diana event which will have 3 rare ships in it in usual locations (event will start tomorrow after maintenance).

@adminCan you tell us please, if the event has started and if the locations are the same as before?

Edited by mikawa

1 hour ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

it's already happening. And DeRuyters this time also have been spotted at Tumbado, not only south of Hispaniola.

Thx for info.

I appreciate that the second run of the event has improved over the first in many aspects...two however still werent fixed: These ships still dont show as elites, and srsly, their ow speed needs to be reduced significantly. 

Particularly the de Ruyter outruns any ship able to deal with it 1:1....

On PvE this again leads to players camping the windzones or camping their routes. 

Same as in 1st run of the event: No good gameplay imho

Edited by Jan van Santen