Game-Labs Forum

Suggestion to prevent alt farming

I find in the 2 last weeks some casses of alt farming arround New Orleans, but i did not report because i have not enough proofs except my word. I know that the cases are alt farming, because i know the name of alts and their main accounts, but  actual system do not works with the correct efectiveness. So i propose a change in combat news announcements, which includes the name of the player sunk. For example "RandomPlayer sunk Despe near Tumbado". I think that this make much faster to identify alt farming cases, and take appropriate action against them.

Despe loves you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’ve always thought they should include the sunk captain’s name as you suggest BUT regarding ALT farming...

I wonder if the farmers don’t realize that their repeated efforts killing same player don’t actually help in completing a particular mission. I’ve often suspected that the biggest ALT farmers are new players who don’t even know that it’s against the rules. But perhaps I’m naive. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Farrago said:

I’ve always thought they should include the sunk captain’s name as you suggest BUT regarding ALT farming...

I wonder if the farmers don’t realize that their repeated efforts killing same player don’t actually help in completing a particular mission. I’ve often suspected that the biggest ALT farmers are new players who don’t even know that it’s against the rules. But perhaps I’m naive. 

in my case im talking about experienced players that knows perfectly that alt farming is against rules.

2 hours ago, Despe said:

I find in the 2 last weeks some casses of alt farming arround New Orleans, but i did not report because i have not enough proofs except my word. I know that the cases are alt farming, because i know the name of alts and their main accounts, but  actual system do not works with the correct efectiveness.

You do realize the developers have proper meanings to check potential alt abuse cases? You should report the player anyway and provide the evidence you have collected, even more so if he's a friend of yours you're potentially covering his action.

Regarding your suggestion: I think it would only lead to trolling and more toxicity, in global chat for example: "Haha, Despe got sunk AGAIN! What a noob!". No need for such things.

10 minutes ago, Random Noob said:

"Haha, Despe got sunk AGAIN! What a noob!"

no problem with that, i am an adult and ignore button against trolls is excellent :D

And in my case i had not enough proofs of the alt farming but im totally sure, but there is a small chance that i am wrong. If i could have seen the real name of "enemy player" in OW or combat news reported the name of the player sunk, i had make a tribunal about that.

Edited by Despe