Game-Labs Forum

Doubloons in shipbuilding

Doubloons in shipbuilding will be removed.
Please avoid overspending as ship blueprints will change this week

The cost progression will be based on power that patch and will only require reals (pieces of eight)

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, admin said:

The cost progression will be based on power that patch on but will be based in Reals (pieces of eight)

What is this sentence meant to convey?

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, admin said:

Doubloons in shipbuilding will be removed.
Please avoid overspending as ship blueprints will change this week

The cost progression will be based on power that patch on but will be based in Reals (pieces of eight)

For which purposes do we need Doublons than?

1 minute ago, Anolytic said:

Port investments, seasoning, admiralty books, labour contracts. Oh, and teleporting.

You forgot buildings such as shipyard (85k in total!), workshop, academy, forge.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

For which purposes do we need Doublons than?

Port investments, buildings, teleporting, crafting seasoned woods, crafting books, buying stuff from admiralty, labour contracts.

Pretty sure i missed more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Never said:

What about players who spent a lot of their time farming doubloons? you only give them a week notice? 
I thought messing with what players already have was against GL ideals.  

They're not removing doubloons. They still have the doubloons. Still useful for 99.99% of things.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Never said:

What about players who spent a lot of their time farming doubloons? you only give them a week notice? 
I thought messing with what players already have was against GL ideals.  

I can smell dubloon profiteer :D They are not taking any of your dubs away and now even crafting wont take away any, so you can cuddle with all of them. You just cant take advantage of other´s hungry for dubloons. So I would say it is a good thing. Those of us who didnt exploit that dubloon farming bug can never have enough of them, so thumbs up on this.

7 minutes ago, Trawn said:

I can smell dubloon profiteer :D They are not taking any of your dubs away and now even crafting wont take away any, so you can cuddle with all of them. You just cant take advantage of other´s hungry for dubloons. So I would say it is a good thing. Those of us who didnt exploit that dubloon farming bug can never have enough of them, so thumbs up on this.

Yeah cause everyone who has more than you is a cheater huh? just like everyone who beats you in a fight in a hacker. DOH

I didn't say not to make the change, but there are better ways to do it. 

Edited by Never
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Isaac J Smith said:

They're not removing doubloons. They still have the doubloons. Still useful for 99.99% of things.

They are cutting their value by a large chunk. Ship building is 90% of their use. 

• Like 1

Just now, Isaac J Smith said:

Good. Doubloons are far too inflated in value ATM.

If only there was a way to reduce inflation.... like making it easier to get doubloons...? something super crazy like that. 

Doubs should be stay in crafting.

Lot of pvp player buy ship in doubs , cause player accepte doubs for crafting other ship.

If doubs stay only for the creation of permanente building ( you craft 1 time and thats over), price will raise down , pvp will paye you back less ( doubs is the best for make money)

• Like 6

I really agree. Too much dlc ships in OW, there are whole battles of 10 players sailing in redout and victory. Variety is one of the most important features of the game, dlc ships should add content to the game, and not reduce the game at combats with same 3 classes of ship

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lt Sekiro said:

Doubs should be stay in crafting.

Lot of pvp player buy ship in doubs , cause player accepte doubs for crafting other ship.

If doubs stay only for the creation of permanente building ( you craft 1 time and thats over), price will raise down , pvp will paye you back less ( doubs is the best for make money)

No. Now all the instant action PVP players feel what it is like to be a crafter and have all the DLC ships come ruin your business.

1 hour ago, Never said:

They are cutting their value by a large chunk. Ship building is 90% of their use. 

They were aimed at an exchange rate of 1:8 from the beginning. Admin stated that they were overpriced some weeks ago. Time enough to react. 

Edited by Suppenkelle
Typo

Just now, Isaac J Smith said:

No. Now all the instant action PVP players feel what it is like to be a crafter and have all the DLC ships come ruin your business.

Doubs lost value => Pvp player can't buy crafted ship to crafter for doubs => Pvp player play only dlc ship => Crafter sstop sell ship = > You cry too

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1