Game-Labs Forum

HMS Trincomalee

20 minutes ago, Suppenkelle said:

Where I was raised it is considered exceptionally bad manners to criticise a gift. Don’t know about your background...

I'm on my phone and won't write here my point of view on the topic, but I will point out that the dlc was not billed merely as a gift, but as compensation for reduction in price of the base game, to those who have already purchased it at the original price, and as such people are free to judge this compensation and voice their opinion. 

Whether we were owed any compensation at all in the first place is another matter, games see their price reduce at some point after release all the time, however it was promised. 

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 3

On 6/3/2020 at 4:35 PM, Busterbloodvessel said:

1. Anyone got their free Trincomalee yet?

2. Anyone had a Port Battle?

3. Anyone not bought a Victory 17XX yet?

You can always spot a good patch..

Buster ( perfect wallet player)

1. No

2. No

3. Nope didnt bother

🙈

Edited by Nixolai

11 hours ago, van stiermarken said:

The only thing you can do with it every day is:

Redeem - Break it

True, but I never have got seasoned wood from breaking ships so it is still useless for that

11 hours ago, Lukas97Austria said:

If Diana or Santa Cecilia would come as dlc. Well I am not sure if I would prefer this.

I would pay for a Diana dlc, I really like that ship. But devs making Trinc dlc, a ship that has been in the game for a long time, and claiming it is worth $40-50? No. They are just pulling a fast one.

Besides, my post was primarily about the ship, not whether it is a good gift or worthy of being dlc. Just my point of view of the ship itself.

8 hours ago, Cathal Brugha said:

True, but I never have got seasoned wood from breaking ships so it is still useless for that

I have, Seasoned Fir and Seasoned Bermuda Cedar separately, from Imported ships that used them in the Frame or Planking. It occurs randomly and not very often so you may need to keep trying. I just wanted to confirm it’s not impossible, at least in my experience.

On 5/31/2020 at 2:29 PM, Louis Garneray said:

Well it's not really about the Trinc... It's about the fact that admin announce something (DLC $40 to $50) then deliver something else (Trinc official price $39.99)  -that we can all craft or buy in game for a very low price- and tell us that we can ONLY believe what's in the patch notes.

(source: https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/36104-patch-welcome-to-the-caribbean-part-3-improved-rvr-roe-and-new-player-mission/?do=findComment&comment=728033 )

I know the game delivered is way more than what it was at the beginning... We heard that many times... But we also bought multiple DLC to support the game along its development, that what costumers do when they believe in an independent developer.

I would really appreciate if a real Community manager/PR person was in charge of communications at Game Labs. Someone who would only tell us what is coming up. And if they are not sure they tell us that too.
Right now we go from one miscommunication to another then the reaction from the costumers which is not good for Naval Action or Game Labs.

I'm going to sound like a broken record but I have stopped to buy games from the company. And if I have the Redoutable it's only because one of my clanmate gifted it to me.

Keep looking, but pack a lunch box.

Utopia.JPG

Where the f'ck are we?

sh1t.JPG.ca75ebc1ea4c5da941a626a707886c3c.JPG

Buster (Texas Buba)

Edited by Busterbloodvessel

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, pucosc202 said:

Just curious if there are any updates on this. I mean, I realize that Trincos are readily available as is, but a gift is a gift and I am still looking forward to it.

Hopefully Devs have thought again about introducing a 40-50 cent ship into the game as a 40-50 dollar ship 😂 Hopefully we will get something worthwhile soon. Maybe dlc Diana or better still a completely new ship. 

Edited by ChineseBatman
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChineseBatman said:

Hopefully Devs have thought again about introducing a 40-50 cent ship

Have you ever spent a single thought on how much labour hours went into building the 3D model of the Trincomalee, additional the time to test the sailing qualities, balancing out the combat qualities? How much would that make her worth? Sure not 40-50 cent.

And I really don't know why the Diana should be better? The Trincomalee ranges near the top notch of all 5th rates, so it's comparable to the Redoutable for 3th rates.

• Like 2

Just now, mikawa said:

Have you ever spent a single thought on how much labour hours went into building the 3D model of the Trincomalee, additional the time to test the sailing qualities, balancing out the combat qualities? How much would that make her worth? Sure not 40-50 cent.

That would apply to a new ship,  .....but makeing a ship dlc thats already ingame long time ?

As to Diana vs Trinco : she carries a heavier broadside if you go all carrrros...and she doesnt heel that much (which with reduced acceleration does matter) :)

But still: none of them beats the current no1 5th, the Endymion.

1 hour ago, Jan van Santen said:

But still: none of them beats the current no1 5th, the Endymion.

Not true, a skilled captain can sink an endy with a trinco, the endy turns slower (speaking of PVP server point of view, of course).

When levelling up your crafting, the Trincomalee is on the fastest crafting XP route for a while . I still have loads of Trincs. However, I must admit I didn't build a Fir/Live Oak(S) one but hey,   during wood stat changes that's what the DLC will do for you ......  . How excellent is that!

Buster (whittling away)

Edited by Busterbloodvessel

• 2 weeks later...

¿Is there any news about Trinco DLC?

Can we expect Devs are thinking about other ship more expensive instead if Trinco?

Dreamming is free and replacing by Montañes or Glorioso could be fabulous.

Edited by sarasa

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, devs are thinking about ruining the game's potential even further.... 

NO communication for updates, no communication about PLANS for 2nd half of 2020, no news about (shit) boarding mechanics that NEEDS to be improved, nothing at all ! i have made a report for false numbers about musket accuracy  and how to make boarding good, then devs almost told me to f*** off ...  

i really don't know if it is the devs taht clearly don't listen the community and feedbacks or just the fact that they just focus on PvP server (if they were focused on PvE server, the game would be even more fun to play - in order to improve the PvP server afterwards) ... we are now almost in August and there is still no thread "plans for 2nd half of 2020" it is really annoying from the moderators/devs that seems to not do their job. 

I am really upset against devs (see the boarding thread I made) and i am not the only one, more players agree with this opinion (sadly)...
Actually, devs are thinking about ruining the game's potential even further....