Game-Labs Forum

HMS Trincomalee

I honestly put my money that majority assumed something, and when reality didn't meet expectations they threw a fit like kids :)

Would I be happier if Connie DLC would be the gift ? You bet I would. But it isn't. Is the Trinc DLC. 

35 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

I honestly put my money that majority assumed something, and when reality didn't meet expectations they threw a fit like kids :)

Would I be happier if Connie DLC would be the gift ? You bet I would. But it isn't. Is the Trinc DLC. 

Well it's not really about the Trinc... It's about the fact that admin announce something (DLC $40 to $50) then deliver something else (Trinc official price $39.99)  -that we can all craft or buy in game for a very low price- and tell us that we can ONLY believe what's in the patch notes.

The only proper information is in the current patchnotes. Even announcements can change and cannot act as a future promise of anything.

(source: https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/36104-patch-welcome-to-the-caribbean-part-3-improved-rvr-roe-and-new-player-mission/?do=findComment&comment=728033 )

I know the game delivered is way more than what it was at the beginning... We heard that many times... But we also bought multiple DLC to support the game along its development, that what costumers do when they believe in an independent developer.

I would really appreciate if a real Community manager/PR person was in charge of communications at Game Labs. Someone who would only tell us what is coming up. And if they are not sure they tell us that too.
Right now we go from one miscommunication to another then the reaction from the costumers which is not good for Naval Action or Game Labs.

I'm going to sound like a broken record but I have stopped to buy games from the company. And if I have the Redoutable it's only because one of my clanmate gifted it to me.

• Like 6

Totally understand it as a customer myself, as far as it goes GL still delivering. NA, UG series, UA AoS seems to be entertaining ( not playing it much until full release ), plus looking forward to Sea Legends ( that's my beach ).  

I was expecting nothing, and was given a DLC ship pack. Even after they announced the 40 to 50 I would think it could be this or that ship but dunno, never got attached to the idea itself.

Mind you, I think the Trinc a ugly frigate ( actually most brittish ones are ); give me a french one any day :). Having the original Pomone would be awesome but heh... it is what i is. Another ship for the collection. Maybe some players that do not care a single bit about all the supply chain and crafting business will appreciate it ? Just click button, buy guns and repairs and sail to 5th rate PZ and have their weekly fun.

Edited by Hethwill
  • Like 1

A fairly useless ship in a game filled with DLC seasoned redoutables and Victories. If you're good enough to stern camp either of those with a Trinc, you probably want a crafted one. 

Doesn't fit into any PB scheme and there's no Patrol zone where it fits either. 

Edited by Never
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Mind you, I think the Trinc a ugly frigate ( actually most brittish ones are ); give me a french one any day :). Having the original Pomone would be awesome but heh... it is what i is. 

16 hours ago, FrostZone said:

Something like the Farquharson would have been nice. 

Dont make it so difficult for the Devs, Guys :P 

I GUESS, most of the Community would had been utterly happy with another Frigate already in the game, fleshed out and polished, the DIANA !! :) 

...or even the SANTA CECILIA

They are already in the game, but NOT craftable...so why didnt they went for those ?

Would had been WinWin and saved a lot of salt :) 

• Like 5

On 5/28/2020 at 12:33 PM, Busterbloodvessel said:

By jove I think you're right. The main looks identical though to me but in the photo you can see  the yards of the main behind the foremast.

Well done.

Your prize is a basic cutter, normally $50. 

Buster (Mainly)

The double forestay gave it away. 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 9:59 AM, Hethwill said:

Totally understand it as a customer myself, as far as it goes GL still delivering. NA, UG series, UA AoS seems to be entertaining ( not playing it much until full release ), Another ship for the collection. Maybe some players that do not care a single bit about all the supply chain and crafting business will appreciate it ? Just click button, buy guns and repairs and sail to 5th rate PZ and have their weekly fun.

I loathe the type of player who purchases this game and expects all the traditional rules to bend for them to be cluckhello kittying casuals.

It's like you're really gonna tell me you can't spend a few hours or so a week grinding so you can have fun times, that you spend real world cash to have ships imported to you by god himself, hmmmmm?

Not only that but you force real players who earn their keep and don't cheat to play with these credit card warriors?  No thanks Gamelabs, you can keep your bribe.

Edited by Slim McSauce

The Trinc is only a meh frigate. It feels like a very heavy medium frigate. Turn rate is slow, turn radius is large, acceleration is slow. It only carries 18 pdrs compared to the Diana's or Endymion's 24pdrs. The best part of it is the hull strength, which is higher for a medium frig. and the 4 bow chasers. It sails like a heavy frigate, with only the punch and strength of a medium, so the other mediums out maneuver it, the heavies out gun/fight it.

1 hour ago, Cathal Brugha said:

The Trinc is only a meh frigate. It feels like a very heavy medium frigate. Turn rate is slow, turn radius is large, acceleration is slow. It only carries 18 pdrs compared to the Diana's or Endymion's 24pdrs. The best part of it is the hull strength, which is higher for a medium frig. and the 4 bow chasers. It sails like a heavy frigate, with only the punch and strength of a medium, so the other mediums out maneuver it, the heavies out gun/fight it.

The only thing you can do with it every day is:

Redeem - Break it

Not a very good end for this ship. 

Some of us have already spent over € 250,-- or more for this game - so I would say that's not a gift - it is a "bad word" to those players who supports "Naval Action".

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, van stiermarken said:

Redeem - Break it

Not a very good end for this ship. 

Some of us have already spent over € 250,-- or more for this game - so I would say that's not a gift - it is a "bad word" to those players who supports "Naval Action".

First of all. You didn't get forced to support the game. 

And 2nd of all, trinco is the ship that teached myself how to sail. It was the first ship that brought me into pvp and its one of the greatest ships I have sailed. 

Why there is a sentence about slow turn rate. Well from speed maybe. But for turning its better to be slow so your circle of turning is sharper.  The trinco is a very good ship. 

However if they give us a ship that maybe for the one or other is "useless" in terms of sailing, it still is able to break up/sell/trade. 

If Diana or Santa Cecilia would come as dlc. Well I am not sure if I would prefer this. 

There are some events. Because not everyone can be part of such an event these ships will be rare and also have high prices when they are good. 

People spend time to get these ships or pay alot to get them. Now you want that these ships drop in special Ness?  

Nothing I would welcome here. 

It's sad people can't be happy with that what we will get. It isn't like we never get gifts     I remember Christian gift. Poods this masts Santa Cecilia for once. Locean. Implacable. We get alot of gifts and stuff and the devs don't even need to give it to us. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lukas97Austria said:

First of all. You didn't get forced to support the game. 

And 2nd of all, trinco is the ship that teached myself how to sail. It was the first ship that brought me into pvp and its one of the greatest ships I have sailed. 

Why there is a sentence about slow turn rate. Well from speed maybe. But for turning its better to be slow so your circle of turning is sharper.  The trinco is a very good ship. 

However if they give us a ship that maybe for the one or other is "useless" in terms of sailing, it still is able to break up/sell/trade. 

If Diana or Santa Cecilia would come as dlc. Well I am not sure if I would prefer this. 

There are some events. Because not everyone can be part of such an event these ships will be rare and also have high prices when they are good. 

People spend time to get these ships or pay alot to get them. Now you want that these ships drop in special Ness?  

Nothing I would welcome here. 

It's sad people can't be happy with that what we will get. It isn't like we never get gifts     I remember Christian gift. Poods this masts Santa Cecilia for once. Locean. Implacable. We get alot of gifts and stuff and the devs don't even need to give it to us. 

You should get a reward for making such a nice effort to suck up. Nice one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Never said:

You should get a reward for making such a nice effort to suck up. Nice one. 

Not sure why you all are mad. Atleast we get something. Some games doesn't even care. Be happy. Even if I would get not a gift at all I wouldn't be mad and give thumbs down. This is typical humanity at its finest. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, van stiermarken said:

There is a saying: "Do not look gift horses in the mouth"

Ofc some hate this ship some love the trinc. Some hate dlcs some love dlcs. But there is no need to start such kind of flamewar vs the devs like some people are doing here because of a gift ship that is in their opinion not a suitable ship for their support or whatever. Do people support the game because they hope to get free stuff or do they support just because they like the game and what gamelabs created?

The announcment of admins fav ship as free dlc for the expensive NA version owners revealed In my opinion how greedy some parts of the NA community are.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, z4ys said:

There is a saying: "Do not look gift horses in the mouth"

Ofc some hate this ship some love the trinc. Some hate dlcs some love dlcs. But there is no need to start such kind of flamewar vs the devs like some people are doing here because of a gift ship that is in their opinion not a suitable ship for their support or whatever. Do people support the game because they hope to get free stuff or do they support just because they like the game and what gamelabs created?

The announcment of admins fav ship as free dlc for the expensive NA version owners revealed In my opinion how greedy some parts of the NA community are.

You don't get the point or you are not able to understand the reason why people buy DLC's even when the game is in an early stage or later when it's finished.

6 minutes ago, van stiermarken said:

You don't get the point or you are not able to understand the reason why people buy DLC's even when the game is in an early stage or later when it's finished.

I know why I did buy all the dlcs. And using them as seasoned wood soruce was not a reason.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, van stiermarken said:

there is no reason to get personal straight away.
or have your parents taught you no behavior?

Not sure where there is a bad behavoiur?  

For me this thread is like people complaining about the wrong presents at Christmas.   Actually you support a game because you think it's good. And you think devs have the right to get payed. Or you support it that they have money for more projects etc. 

Nobody! Ever support a game to get free stuff. I mean back 2016 nobody told you. Hey at 2020 you get a free trinco if you play it. 

The devs come to us and give us a trincomalee. I agree for myself it wouldn't have a value for 40 bucks. But when for the devs the ship has this value so be it. In the end its free. 

And z4ys had a good sentence. You as someone that understands German should know this sentences well. 

On the other hand. You did all know we get a trinco.  Who of you bought the victory? If you buy stuff it means you are happy with the game and how it went. If you buy nothing you don't want spend money or want to signal the devs something ain't right. 

Did the same in wt. Spend over 1-2k bucks until a point where it's not even fitting my opinions. What did I do? I stop buying stuff and reduce playing the game and life goes on.  

Also in AGBs you agree that things are always meant to change.  So can also a plan of a game change. Due economy crisis. Or they can't get the job done as they wish they could so they will change stuff. 

Or like here people complaining about Russia screening is to much. So devs need to change in rvr something. Maybe they didn't had that on there plans. 

I can just repeat myself. Be happy we get atleast something. Support the game with playtime/money. Or try to find another game that fits your wishes better. 

PS. Nothing in my thread is meant harsh. 

• Like 1

Until now I've bought all DLCs (~300 €) and I am playing this game since 4 years. So its a monthly fee of 6,25 € for me which is not much regarding that we have a small player base. It does sound very fair to me -- and you can choose on your own whether to buy or not.

Edited by mikawa
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, mikawa said:

Until now I've bought all DLCs (~300 €) and I am playing this game since 4 years. So its a monthly fee of 6,25 € for me which is not much regarding that we have a small player base. It does sound very fair to me -- and you can choose on your own whether to buy or not.

Exactly 

2 hours ago, van stiermarken said:

Redeem - Break it

- so I would say that's not a gift - it is a "bad word" to those players who supports "Naval Action".

Where I was raised it is considered exceptionally bad manners to criticise a gift. Don’t know about your background...

I use and loose Trincos on a regular basis in PvP. This DLC is the perfect supplement for the new PZ near La Tortue. Thanks admin.

• Like 4